Page 912 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 ... LastLast
Results 22,776 to 22,800 of 41290
    Yeah not Trailridge and not Evans for the weekend

"US 34 Trail Ridge Road: *CHANGE* Road is not likely to be open for the Holiday Weekend due to snow depths and pending weather. Ph# 970-586-1222
    CO-5 Mount Evans Road: Expected to reopen sometime after Memorial Day Ph# 303-567-4660"

Independence opened yesterday at noon.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Anybody been up on Quandry recently? Some friends are trying to convince me early Saturday ski of it is a good idea...with wind/rain/snow and warm temps Thurs/Fri/Sat sounds like it would be shitty. But what do I know.
    Yesterday and today were/are warm...tomorrow is considerably cooler (only 32 at 13k') with much more cloud cover. Given the sun and warm temps the last couple of days, I can't imagine Quandary will be very good tomorrow.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Yesterday and today were/are warm...tomorrow is considerably cooler (only 32 at 13k') with much more cloud cover. Given the sun and warm temps the last couple of days, I can't imagine Quandary will be very good tomorrow.
    Appreciate the beta. Sounds like a good day to watch the Giro and build garden beds. I'm more of a sun-shine and spring corn on 14ers type of skier than refrozen shit.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Hmm, you may be right. I was thinking it was 2017, but news articles I'm finding online say 2018.

Either way Cottonwood is f'd for two years. Get a 4x4 and go play on Hancock and Tincup.
    These passes do not need paving. Guanella Pass used to be open all winter. Now with the 'improvements' it closes early and stays closed late. All in the name of progress. The pass now looks like a refugee camp most of the time it is open. Fuckingidiots cutting trees for fires, camping in closed areas. When it was more difficult to get to the fuckingidiots stayed away.

People ruin everything. The earth is at capacity. No more breeding of fuckingidiots.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    These passes do not need paving. Guanella Pass used to be open all winter. Now with the 'improvements' it closes early and stays closed late. All in the name of progress. The pass now looks like a refugee camp most of the time it is open. Fuckingidiots cutting trees for fires, camping in closed areas. When it was more difficult to get to the fuckingidiots stayed away.

People ruin everything. The earth is at capacity. No more breeding of fuckingidiots.
    Just heard the GP management plan is being changed to turn off dispersed camping. We've got similar plans afoot over in my area. Some of these folks are getting pretty brazen... There's a guy with a tiny house setup in a campsite​ about 3/4 from my house. He's got hours left on his two weeks, but the place only seems to be looking more like an all summer solution... Figure I'll drop by on Monday with an apple pie and an invoice for hoa dues and road maintenance. Welcome to the neighborhood! We accept road maintenance vehicles, engineering stamps, OTG power expertise, and surplus building material as payment. And if I catch you plowing snow to the wrong side of the trail, I'mma hafta start pushin' da baggins when I get around your illegally spec'd, comically designed, drunkenly implemented "driveway". Don't fuck with me fool... I've had lifted CJ7s, xterras, xj's, you name it, all high centered and spinning all 4 corners looking like they pissed off some dude with an excavator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

like clockwork...38...rain snow mix at my house

Dumping fat flakes at 9,600' in Summit County.

My friends rafting the ark and camping this weekend are gonna be cold!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Dumping fat flakes at 9,600' in Summit County.
    As of this weekend, you can officially put me in the "I'm over it" camp.
    Old's Cool.

Team flip flops is not amused.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Tomorrow will be bluebird with fresh cream cheese.

Promise?

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Graupel down to 8500' today, felt like October out there with a few sun shots between random forms of precipitation

Predictable is right, every year on Memorial weekend. Warm up looms but still looks damp if not wet. I'll take a cool summer any day!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

All most right, too many people ruin everything. I say this with all sincerity, colorado is fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post

Some of those campsites I've seen on Guanella are horrible, on side slopes, soggy meadows, in super thick pine scrub, pretty pathetic.
    I guess I'd rather have 80% of the retards in 20% of the places.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Some of those campsites I've seen on Guanella are horrible, on side slopes, soggy meadows, in super thick pine scrub, pretty pathetic.
    I guess I'd rather have 80% of the retards in 20% of the places.
    You have a valid point hatch. Though it was a quick getaway fairly close and not completely infested with dumb fucks a few years ago. Making good places too easy to get to only accelerates the mess that the masses bring with them and their ignorance. Lack of backcountry etiquette, no off road driving skills tearing up roads and trails, etc.

And worst of all the 'improvements' made it impossible to use graders to plow with the guard rails, curbs, etc that millions were spent on and it's now closed for many months each year. It rarely was closed except for the big storms.

Watched a group of idiots with their truck stuck deep in a non-approved campsite off of Guanella today. I almost felt bad for them.

On the other hand, Square Top had great coverage and skied awesome until the clouds rolled in.

Great weather and no signs of renegade tiny homes in the Sawatch this weekend. Snow report: FAT.

Few inches of powder going sloppy at noon on Guyot yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Team flip flops is not amused.
    Team flip flops found great weather and snow on Indy Pass. Parking was a clusterfuck of the highest degree. Made for some great entertainment while drinking beer.

Huh, I encountered crowded, if clusterfuck-free parking up there, although I agree, the true summit "lot" was a bit of a mess. Great skiing though. I'll be back up this coming weekend, because I don't have much better to do, and sliding on snow is awfully fun.

Cronin Peak was in perfect condition over Memorial Day weekend, walked up to the base in trail runners on frozen snow, and kicked steps up the face.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.31.55 PM.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	207212

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    Cronin Peak was in perfect condition over Memorial Day weekend, walked up to the base in trail runners on frozen snow, and kicked steps up the face.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.31.55 PM.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	207212
    Hmm....I'm supposed to be camping with some friends at Browns' creek this weekend. This looks pretty damn awesome.