Page 906 of 1642 FirstFirst ... 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 ... LastLast
Results 22,626 to 22,650 of 41032
    Thanks for the help CO mags! Wife and I had a lovely morning jaunt up Quandary, came down around 10:45 in the east bowl and had a corn harvest to remember. The warmest, calmest weather we could have asked for...

Lower third was becoming unsupportable by noon, no instabilities of note otherwise. Fun times and thanks adrenelated and trogdortheburninator (sorry can't remember your TGR name) for the advice!

Great day. A couple of Utards are stoked on some proper Rocky Mountain high!

Nice!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Great day. A couple of Utards are stoked on some proper Rocky Mountain high!
    It was excellent! Nice work! I passed you two going up a little above treeline.....all blue, black & red Float pack. Can't believe how dead calm it was on the summit....not a lick of wind. One of the warmest days on a 14'er I've ever experienced in any month. We dropped into the Cristo Couloir at 10:30 and found corn turns that skied much smoother than the 'chunky' surface looked. Another 30 minutes and it would've been too late.

Last edited by cmsummit; 05-07-2017 at 10:28 AM.
    Old's Cool.

^ nice, good meeting ya! I should've been asking for change... how was the haul from Cristo back to the trailhead? That looks like a great line.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Last push up to the summit of Sniktau. Yesterday was the day, today on the other hand was cloudy, windy, and chilly. Turns down the main face were cautious, a fall and i'd still be sliding. Regardless, still good to be up high.
    Last edited by montanaskier; 05-07-2017 at 04:40 PM.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Anyone get caught in today's hailstorms? Friend in Aravada said he had golf ball sized hail that destroyed his truck

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

We were driving around 60th and Lamar and the apartment building over there was a mess. Lots of windows blown out and the blinds behind them were shredded. Marbles with a few golf balls at home . Luckily the garden and flowers aren't established yet!

Interesting weather on tap this week.
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 05-08-2017 at 07:46 PM.

Looks like it got worse the further NW you went. Got nothing much in the way of hail in Glendale, my place in Cap Hill had nickle size, and Arvada had golf balls.

Saw a lot of damaged cars driving out of town immediately after it. Glad I waited 30min or I would've been driving in the middle of it.

The further NW you go.... until you hit Wheat Ridge, I think. I live in Niwot and we didn't get any hail, just decent rain. My wife works in Broomfield and they just got poured on.

I took some photos of it rolling in at Sloan's Lake, and then then split. 10 minutes later at my house while parked, the hail put some decent dents in the hood of the f150.
    Last edited by Rideski; 05-08-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Yeah, no hail in Boulder. But holy shit, some of the pictures I saw.

Going to be a lot of cars sold at significant discount soon.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Get your roofs checked and replaced on State Farm.

weird...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	summit.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	250.5 KB 
ID:	205924
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Last edited by MiCol; 05-09-2017 at 06:15 PM.
    www.freeridesystems.com

Geez, the beetle has done a number on the forest down there.
    Even at 89, he's still pushing the project. I'm no fan.
    The only development I approve of in the area is the Matchless Pod! Now that be sweet!
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 05-09-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Even at 89, he's still pushing the project.
    the guy has to have billions, surely it can't be money
    www.freeridesystems.com

Even at 89, he's still pushing the project. I'm no fan.
    The only development I approve of in the area is the Matchless Pod! Now that be sweet!
    Now that would be great.

Why is it that we Americans just want to trash pristine wilderness and build boxy, ugly tan condos made of stucco and cheap wood? I guess it's the consumer that wants it? Or do they know no better? It's a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    <snip>
    Why is it that we Americans just want to trash pristine wilderness and build boxy, ugly chairlifts, gondolas, and trams? I guess it's the consumer that wants it? Or do they know no better? It's a disgrace.
    See how that works?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Now that would be great.

Why is it that we Americans just want to trash pristine wilderness and build boxy, ugly tan condos made of stucco and cheap wood? I guess it's the consumer that wants it? Or do they know no better? It's a disgrace.
    Well, it's not wilderness, it is Red's property, and some would argue that the burn scars and severe beetle kill around Wolf Creek aren't exactly pristine, but I get what you're saying. If the development wasn't so massive, I don't think it be a big deal. He should put up a trophy house like the rest of the Texans and be done with it.

my neighbor says Mccombs bought some property on river in South Fork. Also said some other developers bought the golf course. I could not find how to search the recorders office for free. So not sure if it is true or rumor. The tram is supposed to happen.
    off your knees Louie

one thing is for sure, the pow will not stay around more than any other "ski resort" after that village goes in .

consistently occupied dwellings will produce substantially larger ques before lifts open after good storms. def a lot more
    than now

fresh pow sitting around 2,3,4 days after big dumps will be non existent . my calculations from watching places like
    copper open a lift and the runs below them get tracked out in an hour or less. most of the time much less

At WC that new lift that takes people from the 'hike to' Alberta side back to the lodge/treasure lift area already changed the dynamics and pressure on Alberta lift because people that would not ski that side for fear of a 'hard' traverse back to lodge no longer have that fear. just imagine having 3,000 or 5,000 vacationing people dumping out of the village the morning of....

Pagosa side of 160 usually closed mornings of or after storms for avi control and plowing...these villagers will have the first shot and they will be in mass. This will forever change the wc experience as it stands today

you might argue that they won't hike , but i don't think that will be valid reasoning, it won't be just a bunch of out of shape hacks, they will and for those that won't davie p might put up a platter to help em out
    www.freeridesystems.com

If anyone is out there getting after it up high today I would love to hear about what you are seeing

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    my neighbor says Mccombs bought some property on river in South Fork. Also said some other developers bought the golf course.
    Golf course is under new ownership, and they bought 30+ lots and a chunk of land next to the clubhouse. I know McCombs also purchased 30+ lots on the golf course....not sure on river property.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    At WC that new lift
    Elma, the new lift, has changed the way I go about biz on a powder day.

Riding the lifts at WC, it is really noticeable. The whole ski area is infested. I stopped by the FS office yesterday to get some personal-use firewood permits. I asked about selling a few cords, and if I would need to get commercial permits. The FS guy said, "we don't care what you do with it after it is taken to your house, and we are glad to see it (beetle kill) gone." Not many years ago, maybe 5 or 6, the FS was strict on getting commercial permits if you had any intention to sell it.