Page 898 of 1642 FirstFirst ... 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 ... LastLast
Results 22,426 to 22,450 of 41032
    teleport me to tride! their snowstake is completely buried
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Loving all this moisture in Denver

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Loving all this moisture in Denver
    So moist and wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    teleport me to tride! their snowstake is completely buried
    Silverton and them have had a great past 7 days down there

is there a specific CO bc thread anywhere? if not, how's the snowpack over 11k' looking? was thinking about heading out in May to take my wife up an easier 14er (Quandary E ridge or something, maybe Elbert), what are the odds that'll be more-or-less continuously in over say the 1st week of May? or could you point me to the appropriate thread if not this one

This is the Colorado everything thread. You're in the right place. But I got nothing for you.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Decent snow up high at winter park today.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Use 14ers.com to figure out snow conditions on those easier 14ers. People post a lot of good beta there.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Use 14ers.com to figure out snow conditions on those easier 14ers. People post a lot of good beta there.
    exactly what I needed ty

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    is there a specific CO bc thread anywhere? if not, how's the snowpack over 11k' looking? was thinking about heading out in May to take my wife up an easier 14er (Quandary E ridge or something, maybe Elbert), what are the odds that'll be more-or-less continuously in over say the 1st week of May? or could you point me to the appropriate thread if not this one
    Depends on if it snows a bunch in April, or if it gets warm and sunny. We lost a lot of snow in March and honestly coverage in the alpine wasn't spectacular to begin with this year thanks to wind. It's really the wetter storms with less wind in March/April that make or break our spring season in the alpine.

That said, the base of our snowpack is as strong as I've seen it in 10 years of BC skiing here. So we got that going for us.

Feel free to PM me for beta as your trip gets closer.

thanks man! I will definitely take you up on that.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Well, the bc can wait. Inbounds was fun today. Nice to see winter again.

Skied silver today at noon...hottest hike of the year for me. Almost took my pants off.

Snow was super wind-affected and grabby but it sort of help that it had been skied by 10 (?) people before us. Props to that crew for not sleeping in until 730am! What happens on a Saturday now...are there 50 people on Buffalo?

You'll do fine. Snow pack is still really good. My general take is that the big wind events moved most of that snow into the usual loaded lines and off of the ephemeral lines. So if you're skiing something that's usually good, it will prob be good to great. If you're skiing something that's usually rocky (e.g. Bierstadt) it might be awful. We're in a decent wet pattern right now, so that could all change and you'd have your pick of every low angle teener you can imagine by may. I don't see it getting truly bad by may in any scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by trogdortheburninator View Post

You'll do fine. Snow pack is still really good. My general take is that the big wind events moved most of that snow into the usual loaded lines and off of the ephemeral lines. So if you're skiing something that's usually good, it will prob be good to great. If you're skiing something that's usually rocky (e.g. Bierstadt) it might be awful. We're in a decent wet pattern right now, so that could all change and you'd have your pick of every low angle teener you can imagine by may. I don't see it getting truly bad by may in any scenario.
    thanks man! any other low angle 14ers of note I should be considering? was thinking quandary just because I've skied it so it's easy logistically but always open to advice... sorry all for the temporary thread hijack

Big upslope event looms it seems
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

^^^ need it bad, super dry down on the flat in march, this weeks rain has been a blessing. upslope FTMFW!!!

thanks man! any other low angle 14ers of note I should be considering? was thinking quandary just because I've skied it so it's easy logistically but always open to advice... sorry all for the temporary thread hijack
    I think Quandary is a great choice. If we start getting the uplslope cycles, check out bierstadt. For a notch harder, but still pretty moderate, the tuning forks on Torreys or the SE face on Democrat could be good.

Biggest dud of the year. bluebird skies and a trace of snow with this winter storm warning.

Dumping graupel/wet snow at Breck. Now lifts are on a lightning hold.

It was raining at the Eldora base today. They may have reported 4" in 24, but it was 0" in 24 by 1030am.

fuck!

Rain in Keystone last night
    Graupel ever since but not a lot... lots of wind
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Drove to DIA and back today. Heavy graupel in Summit and snow to almost Golden down and back. Hammered on Vail Pass until I got below 9k where it was raining in Vail.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Well that was an April Fool's Front Range Upslope - 1" at Eldora