Page 5 of 1642 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    .A POWERFUL WINTER STORM WILL MOVE INTO NORTHEAST UTAH AND WESTERN COLORADO. MOUNTAIN WINDS WILL BECOME VERY STRONG TONIGHT BUT HEAVIER SNOWFALL WILL BEGIN ON SATURDAY. FROM INTERSTATE-70 NORTHWARD...A COLD FRONT WILL BRING PERIODS OF HEAVY SNOW SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT. SOUTH OF INTERSTATE-70 STRONG SOUTHWEST WINDS WILL BRING PROLONGED PERIODS OF SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW. A FINAL STRONG COLD FRONT WILL SWEEP THROUGH THE REGION ON MONDAY WITH SNOW FINALLY DIMINISHING BEHIND IT. BY MONDAY NIGHT MOUNTAINS CAN EXPECT 2 TO 3 FEET OF SNOW...WITH SIGNIFICANT SNOW IN THE
    VALLEYS.

Allright weather nerds, should I stick to my original roadtrip destination of Monarch this weekend or spend the extra drive time, lift ticket $$$$, and goodwill points with the wife to go to CB? What's a front ranger to do?

Echo Park fo sho.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

A POWERFUL WINTER STORM WILL MOVE INTO NORTHEAST UTAH AND WESTERN COLORADO. MOUNTAIN WINDS WILL BECOME VERY STRONG TONIGHT BUT HEAVIER SNOWFALL WILL BEGIN ON SATURDAY. FROM INTERSTATE-70 NORTHWARD...A COLD FRONT WILL BRING PERIODS OF HEAVY SNOW SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT. SOUTH OF INTERSTATE-70 STRONG SOUTHWEST WINDS WILL BRING PROLONGED PERIODS OF SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW. A FINAL STRONG COLD FRONT WILL SWEEP THROUGH THE REGION ON MONDAY WITH SNOW FINALLY DIMINISHING BEHIND IT. BY MONDAY NIGHT MOUNTAINS CAN EXPECT 2 TO 3 FEET OF SNOW...WITH SIGNIFICANT SNOW IN THE
    VALLEYS.
    Sweet. What site is this from?
    looking for a good book? check out mine! as fast as it is gone

Quote Originally Posted by stupendous man View Post
    looks like NOAA
    Old's Cool.

Well, 2.5-3.0 of ppt should translate to something decent, right?

still some doubt about when and where, etc....but this thing appears to be the real deal. Fingers crossed.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Raining at the base here again, just like in early December. Hopefully, it will be the same as those storms.

ok - wtf? Have you people never heard of the National Weather Service or it's parent agency, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration?

sweet baby jesus
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Fucking clear skies in Breck this morning. Where the fuck is this thing?

Not that I'm worried ... still looks good, but was hoping for some morning juice.

tomorrow will be the day, now should start this afternoon, then tonight. Snow Levels around 8500 feet, gonna be warm today. Big time leg burning cement when it does come.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    tomorrow will be the day, now should start this afternoon, then tonight. Snow Levels around 8500 feet, gonna be warm today. Big time leg burning cement when it does come.
    Yep. Looks like about 7-10" through 3PM today and another 7-10" overnight before 9 AM tomorrow. Staying local today but will be at V most likely tomorrow.

may ski the Beav tomorrow, depends on how much and where the snow falls.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

was absolutely puking on the hill today. Down in town not much is going on at all, a snow shower here and there and that is about it. If it keeps snowing like it was all night, tomorrow is gonna be good. VERY dense snow. Come on ULLR, bring it.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

This is a very impressive storm. Schofield has received nearly 40inches of snow since Friday.

Things look to wrapping up by tomorrow night with another 1-3 feet expected in the western mountains. unreal.

and I expect montanaskier to chime in with some super butt hurtness shortly.
    Last edited by Rontele; 01-06-2008 at 06:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    This is a very impressive storm. Schofield has received nearly 40inches of snow since Friday.

Things look to wrapping up by tomorrow night with another 1-3 feet expected in the western mountains. unreal.

and I expect montanaskier to chime in with some super butt hurtness shortly.
    I've been skiing loveland everyday and it's just getting better and snowing harder each day. They underreport so much it's crazy. I don't even think they count the snow that falls during the skiday on their snow report.
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    I've been skiing loveland everyday and it's just getting better and snowing harder each day. They underreport so much it's crazy. I don't even think they count the snow that falls during the skiday on their snow report.
    you should have some good turns tomorrow by the looks of the radar.

I don't think I can even be butt hurt by this storm. It was real quiet from about 1pm til 10pm yesterday. Started snowing around 10 and we woke up to about 6". Hit the Beav today with Smmokan. Absolutely puked snow all day. The trees were ridunkulous. The drive home to Vail from the Beav was retarded, no vis at all. Currently quiet but more to come, most impressive storm.

Those Silverton pics are stupid.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Just wanted to add that as bad as Nov. was, the pattern we have been in since is remarkable. The rest of this week looks strong, keep it up Ullr.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Does 8 miles SSW of Eagle-Vail = top of Grouse Mountain at 11,418 ft?
    If so, what does? And/or what are the GPS coordinates?

Either way, this looks good except that I can't take off this Thursday or Friday.

Wednesday: Periods of snow. High near 22. Breezy, with a west wind between 10 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 16 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: Periods of snow. Low around 2. Wind chill values as low as -15. Breezy, with a west northwest wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Thursday: A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 21. South wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west.

i think that's too far away from beaver creek, even grouse mountain. i'm thinking about 4 mi SSW of eagle-vail. either way, the report looks good for the next 48 hours.

Point forecasts can be a tad inaccurate imho. If you are really interested in getting the most accurate forecast for that zone, click on Gore/Elk Central Valleys forecast.

told my boss today that I have a Dr. appointment on Thursday morning! WoooHooo.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    told my boss today that I have a Dr. appointment on Thursday morning! WoooHooo.
    damn you. i need more beaver creek time. monday was insane there. hoping to get back up there if the storm comes through.

Incoming system looks good with high end advisory amounts in most of the northern and central mountains. NW flow looks to kick back up Thurs night through Saturday with modest accumulations.

Next week after Tuesday looks ass cold with a big polar front slamming into the mountains. probably more cold than snow, however.