Page 2 of 1642 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    i don't think it is going to pummel the front range. it looked like significant upslope for a bit but has backed off now. 2-6" between late tonight and Wednesday midday, mainly north of I70 I think. This weekend looks more promising for most areas.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Pappagiorgio View Post
    Thursday into Friday has potential:

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/~ove...d2_pcp1+//72/1
    yep, clint is trying to talk me into going up sometime this week. not sure if i can pull that off, but it would be nice. might try and do some night skiing thursday or friday though.

Quote Originally Posted by jtq_99 View Post
    might try and do some night skiing thursday or friday though.
    I might be down for Friday if I can get there before 7.

I might be down for Friday if I can get there before 7.
    get there before 7? am or pm? i will let the weather decide if i'm going. if it dumps then it's on.

PM.

Hell yeah, I'm looking at heading out of Beaver Creek on Friday morning to Monarch and then Saturday to Wolf Creek. Still dependent on how low the system gets.

a skiff to a couple of inches is my guess for the central mtns tonight and tomorrow. Thursday thru Saturday looks like 7-12 at this point. Maybe another system Christmas Eve or Day.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

If all stays well, looking at either V or BC on Saturday.

Nick- you have the #, we will probably be at V on Sat and the Beav on Sun. Shoot a text if you wanna try to hook up.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Nick- you have the #, we will probably be at V on Sat and the Beav on Sun. Shoot a text if you wanna try to hook up.
    Will do. I think cmsummit wants to hit V as well on Sat.

Right now it looks on like Donkey Kong.

snowed for all of 5 minutes today at the Beav. Waiting for the NWS to issue their 3 PM discussion and figure out where to go this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    snowed for all of 5 minutes today at the Beav. Waiting for the NWS to issue their 3 PM discussion and figure out where to go this weekend.
    The forecasts aren't looking so hot. I don't like it when storms have to go through Tahoe to get here.

latest updates look like the weekend is gonna fizzle. Nothing big at all and each model run looks less impressive for anything at all.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    latest updates look like the weekend is gonna fizzle. Nothing big at all and each model run looks less impressive for anything at all.
    Kinda like the last 10 days.

Doesn't look too bad this weekend ...

But next weekend could be better ...

Last edited by Nick Pappagiorgio; 12-20-2007 at 06:33 AM.

Vail Pass was a SHIT SHOW this morning. Not snowing much or hard, yet somehow like 5 people had flipped their rigs? Weird. Anyway, light snow falling this morning in V.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

That sounds expected. Two weekends ago on DRY conditions (after the big storm), fucking Denverites were in the fast lane going 50 mph. You figure everyone in the state would have some experience drying in DRY conditions by now.

Just came back to Avon from Copper, coming over Vail pass was a shit show. This time it was nuking, saw atleast 3-4 rigs on the side of the road and a few cars wrecked. Got about 2.5 inches on the ground in Avon.

just got home from Summit. Puking on the pass and again a SHIT SHOW. East bound was way more of a disaster but both were junk. Got about 3 inches here in V. Also malamute is apparantly sick and has shit about 2 inches of liquid ick on floor. That is all.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

That sounds expected. Two weekends ago on DRY conditions (after the big storm), fucking Denverites were in the fast lane going 50 mph. You figure everyone in the state would have some experience drying in DRY conditions by now.
    Last time I checked, YOU live on Welton between 16th and 17th, work as a paralegal for a law firm in Denver, and have a WEEKEND home in Breck.

Just keeping your 'core' local status in check.

As for the weather, the models have slowed the incoming system considerably and the brunt of the snow should be falling tomorrow through tomorrow night. Looks like advisory levels for most of the mountains, though that could change depending on the split in the system. Another weaker shortwave for Sunday, with yet another possibly stronger system for Christmas Day. In sum, we should be in a colder and active period for the next ten days or so.
    Last edited by Rontele; 12-20-2007 at 04:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    As for the weather, the models have slowed the incoming system considerably and the brunt of the snow should be falling tomorrow through tomorrow night. Looks like advisory levels for most of the mountains, though that could change depending on the split in the system. Another weaker shortwave for Sunday, with yet another possibly stronger system for Christmas Day. In sum, we should be in a colder and active period for the next ten days or so.
    i'm down for that. as long as it's good going into new year's it can do whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by jtq_99 View Post
    i'm down for that. as long as it's good going into new year's it can do whatever.
    Yeah, it looks pretty good into the New Year. The 6-10 day had above normal precip at an above average forecast confidence. With such a progressive flow, the hard part will be the timing of each individual shortwave in the flow.

I should add that there will be another shot at snow next Thurs into Friday, but as of now the models are closing that system off and it will likely favor the Southern mountains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    Last time I checked, YOU live on Welton between 16th and 17th, work as a paralegal for a law firm in Denver, and have a WEEKEND home in Breck.

Just keeping your 'core' local status in check.
    It pays to have good friends looking out.

Just sayin' ... CO people heading east on Sunday nights drive like idiots. And it's only a WEEKEND gig because my other services aren't paying well these days.

Anyway, back to topic. Next Thursday into the weekend is looking good ... even if we get 1/2 the ppt that's coming through the PNW.

Just started nuking in Breck...