Page 1527 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 ... LastLast
Results 38,151 to 38,175 of 41287
    Scheduled to head to durango first week of feb. Keeping my eyes on this thread to see how the snow looks as I get closer.

I think its up 6% for the quarter, but down 12% overall. At least according to Snowbrains:

Vail Resorts sold 2.3 million Epic Pass products for the 2022/23 season, which is down by 12% over last year. However, it is an increase of 6% on the same period last year and of 39% over the last two years and 55% over the last three years.

https://snowbrains.com/vail-resorts-...n-last-season/

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Epic pass sales up 6% this season, so no, it doesn't look like there was a mass exodus to Ikon. I don't think that Ikon/Alterra shares their numbers. Maybe because they aren't a publicly traded company like VR?

It would be interesting to see the numbers broken down by region. Like maybe their sales in CO were down but sales in CA and/or WA were up for example. Either way, enjoy the shitshow.

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/vail-...022-23-season/

It's been heading this way since iClown. Last couple years, we've gone over the waterfall. It's hard to be iClown's marquee front range resort with no terrain expansions* in quite a while and expect anything different.

*I know, this year they gave us Jelly Roll back and "officially opened" Better Not and Why Not. These kinda runs are sure to spread people out ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    No. Wanker Pancake is the new Breck. My "Keep Winter Park Lame" campaign is backfiring. Apparently, exactly what we got is exactly what the young families want. I mean seriously, we have an in town sledding hill AND a Gravity Haus. The LoHi/Rino/Golden Puffy Coat Mafia is Living the Dream(tm).

Caribou Backcountry conditions

Looking to get some turns in this weekend at Caribou (outside Nederland) and wondering if anyone has been there this week and can give me a heads up on the snow conditions?

When are the racers going to be done at Copper?

Patrol was saying Resolution this weekend, so that means access across the racing terrain.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    When are the racers going to be done at Copper?
    Dec 10th is the last day of racing on the Nor-Am race calendar.

Oh yeah, the holiday-type tourists have arrived. Cars with flashers on blocking whole lanes because they can't bother to walk further than 10 feet to grab their food, people standing in the middle of a crosswalk while the light's green taking pictures of nothing in the sky at night, you name it!

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Oh yeah, the holiday-type tourists have arrived. Cars with flashers on blocking whole lanes because they can't bother to walk further than 10 feet to grab their food, people standing in the middle of a crosswalk while the light's green taking pictures of nothing in the sky at night, you name it!
    You really do develop a sixth sense for predicting the stupidity on the roads after driving here a while. Survival instinct. We had a guy who stopped dead in the middle of the highway coming down from the basin yesterday, with 4 cars following close behind him, because he was driving so fucking slow. All of us skidded our tires to avoid crashing. WTF? Everyone passed him and flipped him off in Keystone as he drove 35mph in the left lane. That one was tough to predict, caught me off guard for sure.

Then we drove to Edwards and back last night... Dear god, who taught these people to drive with one foot on the brake at all times?

Can confirm. Saw more Canada Goose down puffies than Big Agnes puffies last night while on the town, and lots of chicks with makeup and fake nails/hair/lips. <shiver>

I especially love the tourists (Texans) dressing like cowboys thinking they will fit in around here. They smell like a WIlson's Leather shop from the 90's, and their wives wear bedazzled jeans with diamonds on their fingers so large they can't possibly work with ski gloves.

I can't wait to see them all flail this week with the coming storm, it's gonna be great. Fingers crossed we get walloped.

Steamboat conditions

Anyone been to steamboat this past week and have an update on snow conditions on Rabbit Ears Pass?

Quote Originally Posted by m85a4d View Post
    Anyone been to steamboat this past week and have an update on snow conditions on Rabbit Ears Pass?
    PM simple he lives up on rabbit ears all winter if he doesn't get back to you maybe you'll see him up there ask change for a nickle he gots a hot pink sled and drives a gold honda ridgeline

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    They smell like a WIlson's Leather shop from the 90's,
    Ha! In my head I smelled that like it was yesterday

Yep, already have had the annual obligatory questions about my 108s and whether I’m taking them water skiing.

Saw more Canada Goose down puffies than Big Agnes puffies last night while on the town, and lots of chicks with makeup and fake nails/hair/lips. <shiver>
    I call them Urbans. Their shoes are always always impractical or total overkill, and always hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    PM simple he lives up on rabbit ears all winter if he doesn't get back to you maybe you'll see him up there ask change for a nickle he gots a hot pink sled and drives a gold honda ridgeline

The chutes opened up here today and they did not stuck. Thought my son had lost a ski in one for a good 10 minutes before I poked that sucker as I was about to move on. It has really not sucked for early to mid December.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yeah, it’s been fun out there
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7330.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	417.0 KB 
ID:	437876

Can confirm.
    Triple confirm. Baffling interaction this afternoon at a busy snowmobile access TH. Has a roundabout at the end so you can turn around with a trailer and park along the road. Not uncommon for the unaware or DGAF crowd to park in this roundabout (even though it is signed).

Roll in today with the trailer and a carload of 20-somethings is parked in the roundabout with their gear yard saled in a 10ft radius around the car. My buddy is jackknifing the trailer to swing around in the confined space these people have created, but the only way out is through the gear pile. I'm expecting them to move their shit so it doesn't get run over. Blank stares. We do some additional trailer back and forth and when it's clear they are clueless I head towards their gear to move it myself and it finally clicks for them. How these people have made it 20 yrs on this earth is beyond me.

I for one embrace the junk show that is the holidays. In some ways, it is one of the few constants of mountain town living. It give the newish to Colorado Front Rangers somebody lower on the totem pole to rant on. A lady on the chairlift volunteered that "she'd been here (Lakewood) 26months" like a kid would tell you they are "three and three quarters".

I listen in on these Zooms for the HOA, water board etc., and #I've got a place in Fraser is spinning some yard to make themselves look like a full time resident. Pro-tip a. no you are not b. nobody cares. These are wealthy adults that can't even keep their bullshit straight. I ask them, "how many residences do you have where you just leave your toothbrush?".

Is the junk show gear pile generational? Do they teach it differently than when I grew up? New mellow me expects full carnage anytime I head south on 40 during the holidays, a weekend or powder day. I consider that I may no even make it skiing?

When I was leaving The Wanker Saturday said Gen Z gear pile was between me and my Hot Cocoa and Yoga with Adrienne session. I got out out and calmly explains that their were three and only tree options and they get to choose but they must do it quickly. a. they move their shit b. I move their shit or c. I run over their shit. Once then saw that is was like an Escape Room that that they could easily "Win", they moved their shit.

But year, skiing is good for now. More snow coming. Be surgical around the holidays. Don't drop F Bombs on your kids. Focus on being a good skier. Embrace the madness.

skiing is good for now. More snow coming. Be surgical around the holidays. Don't drop F Bombs on your kids. Focus on being a good skier. Embrace the madness.
    Quoted for truth.

expects full carnage anytime I head south on 40 during the holidays, a weekend or powder day. I consider that I may no even make it skiing?
    QFTMFT

Recently had to drive a Uhaul down that way to transfer some goods, rented the 10' but it wouldn't start that morning so they gave me one of their standard moving trucks. Had to drive with flashers due to snow and lower speed. I was not surprised, yet still in awe, of all the people on that road passing on double-lines during a freaking squall, including a Prius that passed going at least 90 on the way back. Redemption was he got pulled over just outside of Kremtucky. I gave the horn a little tap as I went by, and again as he passed me going back over the ears. The weight of that $250+ ticket kept his speed down the second time, lol.

between me and my Hot Cocoa and Yoga with Adrienne session
    lol

Foggy and Fred's "How to Mountain - A Definitive Guide" would have made a great Christmas gift, maybe it will print by next year?
    Another 4 day event on a solid early season base, good times.

Redemption was he got pulled over just outside of Kremtucky. I gave the horn a little tap as I went by, and again as he passed me going back over the ears.
    Maybe it was a courtesy warning? Ha

Many years ago I was driving way too fast from Golden To Gunnison (2.5hrs). A car flashed their lights so I slowed down but got pulled over anyway. I thought I was screwed, but it turned out he just pulled me over to give me a warning ticket for a broken windshield. I had to laugh at each of the cars honking at me while I was pulled over for what amounted to nothing.

I drive like a grandma these days.

Smells like Greeley outside.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy