Page 1493 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 ... LastLast
Results 37,301 to 37,325 of 41291
    After a few days here, I must rescind my opinion. Salida is actually pretty boring, and the houses aren’t nearly big enough.
    Hard pass.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I'm sure somehow in your dipshit lawyer mind you could construe an argument that ABQ isn't a city, but for all intents and purposes, it is one. WTF do you consider a "True City" you pedantic fuck?
    Jesus dude, what the fuck?
    I thought Breaking Bad made ABQ look pretty rad. Way better than fucking Boulder. A lot more culture and probably way less bullshit hippies. I get the feeling that people there listen to metal too, unlike CO where people only listen to god awful jamgrass crap. Fuck yo banjo!

Actually, the closest I've ever gotten to ABQ was flying around it in a helicopter and refueling next to a sky crane at their airport. That was cool, and there was a hot chick working at the FBO. Other than that, I also know that it has like 4 times the population of Boulder and Boulder calls itself a city, so whatever.

I'm really just trying to avoid doing a shitload of work sitting in front of me today, so if someone could give me one good reason why Albuquerque is better than Boulder, I'll shut up.
    Where did I say Boulder was a city or "better than ABQ"? The irony of your reaction is that to me the worst fucking thing about Boulder (and Denver) is that it is part of a big fucking metropolis. The fact that it's ABQ -- and not Denver or Boulder -- that's 3.5 hours from Durango is part of what makes Durango more awesome, not less. But whatever.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The Denver metro area is 3 million, Colorado Springs metro area is 750k, Boulder metro area is 330k, and Fort Collins is 310k. To me, only Denver is a true city in all of that, but it's still a fuckton of people that infest places like Salida. ABQ metro area is 887k. It's not very comparable. Which is a good thing, not a bad one.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The Denver metro area is 3 million, Colorado Springs metro area is 750k, Boulder metro area is 330k, and Fort Collins is 310k. To me, only Denver is a true city in all of that, but it's still a fuckton of people that infest places like Salida. ABQ metro area is 887k. It's not very comparable. Which is a good thing, not a bad one.
    Is this where you post the view from 9th Ave?

"True City" is left for you and only you to define apparently. What is it that makes any of these a "True City"? The ever present brown cloud that hangs over Denver? The endless suburban sprawl? Rush hour all day long? The plethora of craft breweries? What makes somewhere worthy of the coveted "Danno's True City™" designation?

Jesus dude, what the fuck?
    lr.
    if you french fry when you suppose to pizza your gonna have a bad time

"True City" is left for you and only you to define apparently. What is it that makes any of these a "True City"? The ever present brown cloud that hangs over Denver? The endless suburban sprawl? Rush hour all day long? The plethora of craft breweries? What makes somewhere worthy of the coveted "Danno's True City" designation?
    Goddamn dude, I swear I didn't piss in your Cheerios. I didn't mean to make it a big deal, would it have upset you less if I said big city? ABQ doesn't have major sports teams, it doesn't get major concert tours (arena, stadium), it's airport isn't a hub for anywhere so if you're flying to another non hub it's generally 2 flights. Those are just some examples, along with population. I like ABQ, I've spent a bunch of time there, but it's not a big/major/true/whatever fucking adjective you want to use city. Yes, I'd still call it a city, it's not a hamlet or village, but it's not a big enough one to make Durango an overrun unappealing place to live. Why does that bother you so much, why am I bothering you so much?

if someone could give me one good reason why Albuquerque is better than Boulder, I'll shut up.
    Green Chile.

Now STFU.
    Old's Cool.

So, um, loving these PM showers.

SKI OFF!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    So, um, loving these PM showers.
    Are they similar to golden showers i hate golden showers all this rain is making me depressed

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Just ate at Route 6 Roadhouse. (Avon) Outstanding Huevos Rancheros, but $30.00!
    That’s above JH prices!
    Gonna go ride Two Elk.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Are they similar to golden showers i hate golden showers all this rain is making me depressed

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    #breckbecause
    Name:  IMG_4116.JPG
Views: 374
Size:  69.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    That’s above JH prices!
    Gonna go ride Two Elk.
    Avon you say? I mean, I'm no EC local but I really like Taqueria No Se Hagan Bolas. But maybe you're taco'ed out after Tacos el Tapatio?
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

That’s above JH prices!
    Gonna go ride Two Elk.
    Shoulda Gone to VBC and got some RMT's. You might have run into MTM

Semantics.

My mom lives in rural NM. When she says she's gonna go to the city for the day, she means ABQ. Despite what it lacks, it's still the largest city in the state and a major hub for residents of NM. Just putting it into context. Tijeras, near the Sandia range, is pretty livable, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Semantics.

My mom lives in rural NM. When she says she's gonna go to the city for the day, she means ABQ. Despite what it lacks, it's still the largest city in the state and a major hub for residents of NM. Just putting it into context. Tijeras, near the Sandia range, is pretty livable, IMO.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that.

I've been through Albuquerque many times but have never stopped. Definitely feel like I am missing something.

Salida does suck.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

That’s above JH prices!
    Gonna go ride Two Elk.
    I love Huevos Rancheros, but $30?
    WTF?!?

OTOH, after doing Two Elk from Vail Pass to Minturn, I began thinking that maybe Vail isn’t all that evil. But we didn’t see a single person, and it’s a kickass ride.

Shoulda Gone to VBC and got some RMT's. You might have run into MTM
    That was my local friend’s first suggestion, but I really, really wanted Huevos. Maker’s, I presume?

That was my local friend’s first suggestion, but I really, really wanted Huevos. Maker’s, I presume?
    Nah, you made a good choice. Northside kitchen would have been another solid choice. Or Westside cafe. All good spots for breakfast.

Two Elks is a great ride. Last few times I rode in that area, we opted to ride across and down the front side of Vail instead. Nice stop for a beverage at the top of the gondola before bombing down Radio Flyer. Shorter shuttle too.

Sounds like a nice tour of CO you got going.

Ever since I rode Two Elk East, I don't much bother with the usual two elk anymore unless a friend really wants to do it. haha

Enduro bikes changed that area. Those steep downhills used to be overgrown from lack of riders. Still quiet I'm sure but these new bikes shred the jank.

Was on the Element, which proved to be the perfect bike for that ride. Only one section from Top Of The World to Four Corners was really ‘big bike’ terrain. I think it was actually better to be on a more ‘precise’ bike on the lower sections. Man, that left hand exposure required 100% concentration. Cleaned almost everything on the first go, but got off for about four things that just didn’t seem worth it, even if not that hard.
    Final tally:
    Tuesday Pick-n-Chimney
    Wed. Mt Lion, S Trails in Salida
    Thursday: Methodist Mountain Trails with Wifey, Fooses with Full Trucker
    Fri: Methodist Mountain search for lost thing, Two Elk

Solid week! I think I have my Assegai’s figured out.
    Back home, and it’s 88 degrees.
    Gonna do an East Elk next time, fo sho’!