Page 1486 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 ... LastLast
Results 37,126 to 37,150 of 41290
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    What about trails up between Keystone and French Gulch road? Peaks Trail? CO Trail up and over the Ten Mile range? Searle Pass behind Copper? North Trail in Vail?
    Peaks, CO Trail, Searle - those are all non-motorized... so no.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 5.32.22 PM.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	602.6 KB 
ID:	417891

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Peaks, CO Trail, Searle - those are all non-motorized... so no.
    I’ve never ridden eBikes on trails and haven’t previously taken note but in looking at MTB project, it appears that they’re allowed on some trails here and there but not allowed on many trails. Does that have to do with trails being in National Forest vs BLM land?

What about trails up between Keystone and French Gulch road? Peaks Trail? CO Trail up and over the Ten Mile range? Searle Pass behind Copper? North Trail in Vail?
    Look at COTREX, it'll give a better idea of what's allowed where. E-Bikes are basically lumped in with Moto in Summit county when it comes to single track.

Honestly, best bang for your buck, would be to ride up and down the DH trails on Keystone when that's open. I don't think they have banned ebikes from that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Look at COTREX, it'll give a better idea of what's allowed where. E-Bikes are basically lumped in with Moto in Summit county when it comes to single track.

Honestly, best bang for your buck, would be to ride up and down the DH trails on Keystone when that's open. I don't think they have banned ebikes from that yet.
    Thanks, I’ll look.

Has Eagle County taken the same stance?

Looks like Buff Creek is the same as Summit.

I’ve never ridden eBikes on trails and haven’t previously taken note but in looking at MTB project, it appears that they’re allowed on some trails here and there but not allowed on many trails. Does that have to do with trails being in National Forest vs BLM land?
    If I remember correctly USFS and BLM generally adopted a rule stating that mopeds are allowed on motorized trails with the local offices having leeway to allow them on non-motorized after applicable review, environmental analyses, public comment, etc. That process is easier for BLM than for USFS.

MTB Project is often wrong. Any idiot can update the descriptions.

Many of the Front Range open space lands allow mopeds. Jeffco in particular.

So on COTREX, I see nothing on eBikes. All the Buff Creek trails say no to ATVs and motorcycles but nothing about Class 1/eBikes.

So on COTREX, I see nothing on eBikes. All the Buff Creek trails say no to ATVs and motorcycles but nothing about Class 1/eBikes.
    Right. Filter by motorcycle. That's where you can ride an ebike for sure.
    Non motorized trails on federal land default to closed unless the local office has made an exception. https://www.fs.usda.gov/visit/e-bikes

Quote Originally Posted by USFS
    Where are e-bikes currently allowed on national forests and grasslands?
    Class 1, 2, and 3 e-bikes are allowed on motorized trails and roads on national forests and grasslands. Additionally, several year-round resorts operating under a special use permit have established e-bike use within their permit boundary.

Local Forest Service officials may consider new opportunities for e-bike use on non-motorized trails and in non-motorized areas by utilizing a designation process in accordance with the Travel Management Rule (36 CFR Part 212, Subpart B). Designations involve appropriate environmental analysis, public involvement, and local decision-making.
    Or the BLM version. https://www.blm.gov/programs/recreation/e-bikes

Quote Originally Posted by BLM
    Motorized areas and trails
    BLM-managed public lands offer many opportunities for riding e-bikes, including any Open OHV area or motorized trail.

Non-motorized trails
    E-bikes are allowed on trails limited to bicycles and non-motorized travel ONLY IF a BLM Manager has issued a written decision authorizing e-bike use in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.

e-bike up Vail Mtn service road, hit the grav trails there.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Yup that’s because ebikes are motorcycles. Get it? Motorized-cycles! Yay!

summit county single track is closed to mopeds unless it is a motorized legal (dirt bike) single track or 4x4 dirt road
    almost all the trails are labeled no E BIKE LOSERS
    but hey that doesn't stop people from riding them I see ebikes riding restricted trails daily so join the fuck on in and ride your ebike and claim it is your right to be a fat lazy pathetic american so I need some pedal assist to ride these trails and be like everyone else

if you really want to ride your moped there are options the motorized single track over by the dump when that opens cause it's closed to save the animals right now
    golden horseshoe/lincon medows above breck has tons of really really good single track that has been built and maintained by scorr this is moto single track and is panty dropping fun on a mtb
    scorr is a top notch group providing moped and dirt bike accessible boss trails in scummit county

I ain’t riding no moped on singletrack
    Motorized singletrack by a dump sounds awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Many of the Front Range open space lands allow mopeds. Jeffco in particular.
    I think JeffCo OS is the only one that allows bropeds, actually. BoCo and Larimer definitely do not. Not sure about the Springs stuff.

There's also a shooting range nearby, in case you would like to pretend you are e-biking through...well, you know...America.

There's also a shooting range nearby, in case you would like to pretend you are e-biking through...well, you know...America.
    Shit, our best local non-motorized trail system is a former dumping ground with a shooting range close enough to worry about ricochets, but no e-bikes allowed.

Our BLM field office has already stated that they won't re-examine e-bikes on current non-motorized trails, but will consider it as a separate user group on newly planned trails. Kind of a moot point since the best riding around here is motorized trails, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I think JeffCo OS is the only one that allows bropeds, actually. BoCo and Larimer definitely do not. Not sure about the Springs stuff.
    You're right. I was thinking of CO State Parks as the other notable entity allowing mopeds.

Can't recall what Clear Creek is doing (Floyd Hill and Maryland Mtn).

hey man whenn it's the first to open and last to close trail system here in the mtns you'll ride it and love it just except when the wind is blowing the wrong way
    think my final mtb ride of last year was around dec 10th this past year thats not normal

Well you did ask about ebikes. Original definition of moped is motor and pedals. Ebikes have motors and pedals. Ebikes=mopeds
    Vespas and the like are scooters

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Shit, our best local non-motorized trail system is a former dumping ground with a shooting range close enough to worry about ricochets, but no e-bikes allowed.

Our BLM field office has already stated that they won't re-examine e-bikes on current non-motorized trails, but will consider it as a separate user group on newly planned trails. Kind of a moot point since the best riding around here is motorized trails, anyways.
    You ride mountain bikes at Peach Valley?

You ride mountain bikes at Peach Valley?
    Once in a while. The stuff on the plateau and spring creek is better for mtb.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Once in a while. The stuff on the plateau and spring creek is better for mtb.
    Plus we only get to moto those for 2 months of the year

I guess our rich people are not rich enough to have the fancy E Mtbs around here. They will. Thanks for giving me a heads up on the trending topics in Entitled Twats Weekly.

"So...it's like an electric motor...sorta like in a Tesla and this is a non-motorized trail"

"Yeah, but it's quiet and I don't think that I fit the stereotype of what I think an asshole is. Really, rules are just something I support and forward my agenda. I don't actually believe they are for me for the well known obvious reasons. Number's one and two, I've in Colorado and have a house in the mountains"

"Well you are certainly an asshole".

Speaking of e-bikes. Had two morons going up mike's night out in Eagle yesterday (if ya know that trail you know it's decently steep and a fast a shit downhill, so regular MTBers would never ride up and don't) on e-bikes, seriously surprised my friend and I. Luckily it was at the only slower section of the trail near the top.

Nice stretch of weather for the weekend coming up. About damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Speaking of e-bikes. Had two morons going up mike's night out in Eagle yesterday (if ya know that trail you know it's decently steep and a fast a shit downhill, so regular MTBers would never ride up and don't) on e-bikes, seriously surprised my friend and I. Luckily it was at the only slower section of the trail near the top.
    Are you fucking *kidding* me? Riding up Mike's... WTF?