Page 1440 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 ... LastLast
Results 35,976 to 36,000 of 41290
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    OK, but only because going Weston to Hancock to Tomichi to Engineer isn't open in the winter.
    Isn't Tomichi closed permanently at this point?

Like Rollins, it's open if you're in a Uhaul.

OK, but only because going Weston to Hancock to Tomichi to Engineer isn't open in the winter.
    "Open" is just a state of mind. Take this dude. Made it past Lake Irwin no problem a couple weeks ago. I dont know why I have a sled, you can just drive up there anytime.

I think the Uhaul can handle the route you describe. Give'er.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10735.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	404452

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    "Open" is just a state of mind. Take this dude. Made it past Lake Irwin no problem a couple weeks ago. I dont know why I have a sled, you can just drive up there anytime.
    Is that one of those "You ain't gettin' out until spring" type things? Any of the tow companies in town have a tow-cat?

Where are you moving to?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Where are you moving to?
    A place where the dirt is always dry, the snow always faceted, the bros always flat-brimmed and tacoma'd.

And where he has more space for mags to sleep in his driveway.

At least it’s a road.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0986.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	404456

We’re on an XC/Bike trail.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Is that one of those "You ain't gettin' out until spring" type things? Any of the tow companies in town have a tow-cat?
    It's a constant issue. A few of the trailheads I go out of get these pickup driving dimwits.

They have to come back in the middle of the night when the snow is refrozen to get them out.

I think they do it on purpose because they watched too many recovery vehicle videos on YouTube. Seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    No idea. Maybe the local snowmobile club's groomer, so long as there was a nice "donation".

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post

I think the Uhaul can handle the route you describe. Give'er.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10735.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	404452

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

I actually did that my first year out here, drove up the 4th of July trail in my Chevy Blazer, I was like, I've got 4WD now, I'm invincible. I got stuck, some other folks were coming up and we asked them for help and they replied "I'm sorry, we can't help, we're just starting our hike". Finally some cool people came by that had a tow rope and were able to pull me out and to say thank you I smoked them out.

In retrospect, it was the perfect introduction to Colorado.

Name:	Image1644022570.382861.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	404462

Maybe some people just can’t drive in the snow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    A place where the dirt is always dry, the snow always faceted, the bros always flat-brimmed and tacoma'd.

And where he has more space for mags to sleep in his driveway.
    This, except Tundras are the new Tacoma.

And the beer is domestic and you run your Wranglers snug to very snug.

And the beer is domestic and you run your Wranglers snug to very snug.
    And you finally become fluent in Spanish (but don't let anyone know), and buy cowboy boots to compliment your mucks and click in pedals.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

This thread has been entertaining after the injury report.

And again - Poser, we’re rooting for you.

On the skin track last week...hut trip in British columbia. One of our guides was from CB.

The fellow behind me asks "What do you wanna bet that Guide drives a Tacoma?"

Me: "If it's not a Tacoma, I bet it's a tundra. Guide! what sorta car you drive"

Guide: "A Tundra. Used to have a tacoma."

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    This thread has been entertaining after the injury report.

And again - Poser, we’re rooting for you.
    Yeah, no shit. I had a client/friend die from it. She turned into the michelin man from full body trauma on a simple slip on the ice and they went in and tried to cut every bit of fascia in her entire body (hint, that's a lot, you know if you have ever butchered anything). It was gruesome, and beyond painful. CS is not something to take lightly at all. Bones heal, tendons and ligaments can be reattached, but CS is the real deal. Heal up. I can almost puke again just thinking of the pictures that I have seen and from visiting her and that pain.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Thanks EWG and MTM. Like everyone else here, I've had quite a few injuries and surgeries over the years, but this one has me rattled pretty bad. Definitely a level of pain I have never experienced before. I also made the mistake of looking at the leg and saw the muscle hanging out when they changed dressings tonight. I very much regret seeing that.

Seriously stay safe everyone!

^^^Yikes man. That is a very severe injury and it’s understandable that you are rattled. Hit that PT hard and heal up.

Heal up poser, that sounds like the triple crown of lower leg injuries. Rehab rehab rehab and hope your mental game stays strong, that was the toughest part for me.

Hiking up Ranger/Greenman yesterday I was thinking it would be a fun slide down, plenty of coverage. Somebody gets out and xc's some type of loop in the flatirons every storm, I always see their tracks.

Can't get this to flip around, user error

Name:	IMG_4678.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	665.4 KB 
ID:	404543

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Agree. Wouldn’t mind if all the foothills and the cities against them had consistent snowpack for a few months. Some of the touring options in the various canyons would be really good as well as some XCing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have never been up Chapman; now that the bike path has been extended I keep meaning to take a spin there instead of NCAR. Never even thought about it on skis. CU South is cool and pretty, but a little vertical would be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbomike15 View Post
    from the TH to the flag gate its 1k' over 2.5 miles, so nothing worth really skiing, but beats i70 traffic. oh and don't tell anyone or it'll turn into abasin.

Heal up, poser. If/when you need a good massage person in the Springs, lmk. Assuming she’s still working, she’s got an awesome practice near Bear Creek Park.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

browsing webcams from work and looks like a full pali maze

Will do. Thanks everyone. I am ready for the rehab once I get out of this hospital. Not sure if it is realistic, but my goal is to ski in December.

Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    Will do. Thanks everyone. I am ready for the rehab once I get out of this hospital. Not sure if it is realistic, but my goal is to ski in December.
    Anything is possible, what's the official diagnosis/list of injuries? You might need a new thread in Gimp central as this seems like a first for TGR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    Anything is possible, what's the official diagnosis/list of injuries? You might need a new thread in Gimp central as this seems like a first for TGR.
    At this point I know broken tib/fib and patella, torn LCL, MCL and Patella ligament, ruptured quad tendon, compound syndrome and faciotomy. I think most of these except the compound syndrome and fasciotomy are pretty common. Great thing is the ortho surgeon is a serious climber and skier and gets how important it is for me to get back on the mountain.

Sorry Poser. Heal up!!