Page 1433 of 1642 FirstFirst ... 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 ... LastLast
Results 35,801 to 35,825 of 41032
    Thanks

2nd on Larson’s
    They are a great shop
    Family owned and good people

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Can someone explain to me how they're having *ANY* sort of "big mountain" anything at Steamboat of all places?!?

I mean... even if they select the gnarliest location on the mountain, it's only going to be 3 turns long for these talented folks. Shit - might not even be 3 turns. Might be no turns.

Did Steamboat bribe somebody??

I don't know but after checking chute 1 again today I can see why they moved the venue to the face (this is not normal, Chute 1 has always been the standard venue for this comp the past few years). Snow is holding much better over there, softer landings and better coverage. Sucks because not as good of a runout nor tons of room to spectate. It does widen the options for displaying skills at various levels. But yeah, 3 or 4 turns max.

My guess is because the coverage is so thin on chute 1, they are trying to preserve what's left on it, otherwise they'd have to shut 'er down after the comp cause it's gonna take a beating more than it already has. Won't serve the competitors well either so I'm sure there's a safety measure to it. At least they'll get warmed up on the hike up.

3rded on Larson's, good folks and better rentals than Breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I would def go with Larson's. It's one of the few indies left in the metro area...
    or if you can make it over to Centennial I always went to Eskimo back when I lived down there. Great small shop.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    or if you can make it over to Centennial I always went to Eskimo back when I lived down there. Great small shop.
    Also true... got my last pair of boots from Eskimo.

Is Highpoint Weather done? Last post was 12/26.
    go upside down.

Also, where should I be going for a good skimo-ish boot fit/purchase? Cripple Creek? Wilderness Exchange? Make the trip to Mountain Outfitters in Breck?
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Also, where should I be going for a good skimo-ish boot fit/purchase? Cripple Creek? Wilderness Exchange? Make the trip to Mountain Outfitters in Breck?
    Wilderness Exchange, Cripple Creek, Bent Gate, all have different selections and good bootfitters on staff. Personally I'd take the time to visit all three and try on a variety of stuff. For more detailed bootfitting work I use Jeremy at Boot Mechanics, he knows his shit and does sell some boots but isn't going to have a huge stock on hand of skimo boots.

Thanks! Looking for stuff in the Backland Carbon / Scarpa F1 LT realm and found CC to have the most options in that range thus far.

go upside down.

Peak 7 into whales tail opened up in Breck today. Great creamy snow off the cornice then a bit variable down lower. Super chill today though, stood on top of peak 8 alone which I didn't think I'd ever see again these days haha

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Thanks! Looking for stuff in the Backland Carbon / Scarpa F1 LT realm and found CC to have the most options in that range thus far.

I was just down at bent gate trying on/ fitting this class of boot. I’ve had good experiences working with those guys a couple times now . No shop like that up here in Fort Collins. Tried F1, skorpius, backland and tlt. Their current stock is somewhat limited size wise, but you can check online and see if yours are in. Make an appointment online for fitting as well.

I ended up in the skorpius. I’m stoked to get out on it.

didn't know skimo was taking off so what size cod piece do you guys prefer to use when you are wearing your singlet?

The Ski Area that shall not be named has a new live pano cam at the base that actually shows the lift line at Pali and the parking lot. Kind of a nice way to tell how busy it is before you head up or check weather conditions. Or just watch people throwing the ball for their dogs. Whatever you are into.

https://www.arapahoebasin.com/the-mountain/webcams/

Pretty nice day in the northern front range. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5722.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	673.4 KB 
ID:	402409

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Holy shit!

Thought maybe do a weekend in Steamboat like we do most years. Think again. NO lodging in Steamboat on any of the weekends that I checked for less than $500/night once you pile on the taxes, cleaning fees, service charges, etc!! Fuck that.

Everyone is a millionaire now apparently.

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Holy shit!

Thought maybe do a weekend in Steamboat like we do most years. Think again. NO lodging in Steamboat on any of the weekends that I checked for less than $500/night once you pile on the taxes, cleaning fees, service charges, etc!! Fuck that.

LOL.

Well Jax lets you vanlife for 2 hundo.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Yeah, we got a late invite to Winter Wondergrass, look for a condo or hotel to rent, no luck. $3k for 3 nights. Fuck that shit, I don't even like that music.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Yeah, we got a late invite to Winter Wondergrass, look for a condo or hotel to rent, no luck. $3k for 3 nights. Fuck that shit, I don't even like that music.
    Way cheaper to stay at home and pour one out while listening to WSP bootlegs.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Way cheaper to stay at home and pour one out while listening to WSP bootlegs.
    That'll never happen in my house. It'd be more like bourbon and Slayer.

I go along with the jam band and bluegrass thing sometimes because if I didn't I'd have no friends but that music generally makes me wanna stomp on a banjo. Probably the biggest thing I miss about living in a city is the music scene that doesn't revolve around jam/grass.

As far as the weather, yesterday was pretty damn nice sliding in the woods with the dog. Maybe I'll write a banjo song about it. Fuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Holy shit!

LOL.

I had planned on some weekends in SS and had the same reaction. Fucking fuck that.

Some real nice snow in the park yesterday. Snowpack is getting pretty solid too.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Some real nice snow in the park yesterday. Snowpack is getting pretty solid too.
    Solid

All the weekend events plus Ikon killed the affordability of SS on weekends if you're not piling 6 or more to a hotel room. That and they converted not one but 2 of the affordable hotels to 'workforce housing'. If only Rabbit Ears motel was bigger, still the best deal going. Kremtucky Motel 6 is cheeeeep tho, comes with free bedbugs.

There's a huuuge mound of snow taking up sprinter parking at my place unfortunately.

I've got a guest bedroom for one if you don't mind being in my gear room and a dog that can't control his licker. 4wd and decent snows absolutely required for the driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    All the weekend events plus Ikon killed the affordability of SS on weekends if you're not piling 6 or more to a hotel room. That and they converted not one but 2 of the affordable hotels to 'workforce housing'. If only Rabbit Ears motel was bigger, still the best deal going. Kremtucky Motel 6 is cheeeeep tho, comes with free bedbugs.

There's a huuuge mound of snow taking up sprinter parking at my place unfortunately.

I've got a guest bedroom for one if you don't mind being in my gear room and a dog that can't control his licker. 4wd and decent snows absolutely required for the driveway.
    I just read bout the STR new license moratorium and add it to that ^^ about the two hotels and makes some sense. Hundreds of beds off the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    That'll never happen in my house. It'd be more like bourbon and Slayer.

I go along with the jam band and bluegrass thing sometimes because if I didn't I'd have no friends but that music generally makes me wanna stomp on a banjo. Probably the biggest thing I miss about living in a city is the music scene that doesn't revolve around jam/grass.

As far as the weather, yesterday was pretty damn nice sliding in the woods with the dog. Maybe I'll write a banjo song about it. Fuck!
    PPS

I could have written that except for the part about my friends liking that shit or me going along with it. Anyone remember Slades Underground? We used to have punk and metal bands frequently. Ski towns are so soft these days.

The Steamboat lodging prices escalated quickly. My wife and I have been staying at the Steamboat Hotel a few times a year for a decade for $100 or sometimes less. Luckily I've got a couple hook ups but shit is outta hand.