Page 1432 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 ... LastLast
Results 35,776 to 35,800 of 41142
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Awful. Was such a beautiful road.
    It still is. The road doesn't look awful at all, it's not a moonscape. Fields that might have had tall grass have nothing, but otherwise everything looks the way it used to/should. Except the houses are all gone.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Chill MLK day in Breck. Lake chutes still nice wind buff and no lines really

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1BB133A0-7F49-44C4-ACEF-ADA40CE162B4.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	786.3 KB 
ID:	401611

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    We need snow out west please. We have no traffic or lift lines but the powder is kinda beat now.
    Meh, full green light and people are T-ing off on everything like its springtime. I'll be psyched for snow but stable conditions are pretty rad too.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Meh, full green light and people are T-ing off on everything like its springtime. I'll be psyched for snow but stable conditions are pretty rad too.

Especially in CB / Aspen zone. Front Range still has some lingering problems due to our shallower pack mostly.

That said...some very enticing lines skied off Hagar today had me drooling.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post

King lines in the Juan's are being skied too. Stable snowpack that's deep enough to ski 3k+ shots in January? Yes please.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    ^^^ Crowds were tolerable this weekend thanks to blackout. Just avoid Morningside, Sundown and Sunshine lifts from 11-2. And pray to Dog we get more snow, unless ice bumps and scraped off groomers are your thing.
    Nothing like some refrozen Closets ice bumps early in the morning. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Nothing like some refrozen Closets ice bumps early in the morning. Love it.

You would think we'd have slush bumps by afternoon with all the sunshine we've had, especially over on s facing pony, but temps have been holding steady in the low 20s during the day and single digits every night. Lines like outlaw/middle rib are a commitment to be sure, still fun af.

Funny to see all the frangers crowding themselves into the same three runs because they don't want to ski the bumps, which are deserted right now.

N face party lines are nice and chalky. Goggle tan coming in nicely...

I'll be there next Sunday and I'm not afeared of no bumps, you just tell me where to go!
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Lets make some turns Danno, hmu! On my way up there now to track down the mayor and his crew.

You would think we'd have slush bumps by afternoon with all the sunshine we've had, especially over on s facing pony, but temps have been holding steady in the low 20s during the day and single digits every night. Lines like outlaw/middle rib are a commitment to be sure, still fun af.

Funny to see all the frangers crowding themselves into the same three runs because they don't want to ski the bumps, which are deserted right now.

N face party lines are nice and chalky. Goggle tan coming in nicely...
    Ice rink Pony is always fun to watch, especially the little semi-half pipe outfall to the lift. On the right day you could sell tickets to the show.
    Last edited by EWG; 01-18-2022 at 11:55 AM.

Lets make some turns Danno, hmu! On my way up there now to track down the mayor and his crew.
    cool! Yeah, should be out with a (mostly) old ttips crew, actually. I'll give you a shout.

My wife and kid will be there on Sat for the kids first big Mtn comp. Venue are the chutes in the E face I think. How’s that skiing? Maybe a tad new Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Chute 1 is normal venue north and east of the ridge, I'm guessing that's where it will be again as no hiking required. It's firm and chalky, rocks are definitely exposed now but easy to see. There's a few launchpads which always get used. I'll for sure be there cheering them on!

Danno pm incoming

Edit to montana- dumb question, but does he happen to know his bib number yet? I'll keep a lookout! That's so exciting, I bet he's stoked.
    Last edited by Jax; 01-18-2022 at 09:01 PM.

Chute 1 is normal venue north and east of the ridge, I'm guessing that's where it will be again as no hiking required. It's firm and chalky, rocks are definitely exposed now but easy to see. There's a few launchpads which always get used. I'll for sure be there cheering them on!

Danno pm incoming

Edit to montana- dumb question, but does he happen to know his bib number yet? I'll keep a lookout! That's so exciting, I bet he's stoked.
    No bib # yet but his helmet sticker is 741. He’s super pumped....and a little nervous!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I'm there for a kiddo event too, actually. But her race is at Howelsen on Saturday afternoon so that's where I'll be, and Sunday she has some stupid skills quest thing at steamboat, but there's no spectating for that.

I'll be there Sunday as well for the freeski comp. I'll keep an eye out for the folks that have change for a nickel.

Also, it appears that the East Face is the venue for the weekend.

Can someone explain to me how they're having *ANY* sort of "big mountain" anything at Steamboat of all places?!?

I mean... even if they select the gnarliest location on the mountain, it's only going to be 3 turns long for these talented folks. Shit - might not even be 3 turns. Might be no turns.

Did Steamboat bribe somebody??

Can't say I disagree but the timing of this comp worked with our schedule...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Can someone explain to me how they're having *ANY* sort of "big mountain" anything at Steamboat of all places?!?

I mean... even if they select the gnarliest location on the mountain, it's only going to be 3 turns long for these talented folks. Shit - might not even be 3 turns. Might be no turns.

Did Steamboat bribe somebody??

Its a kids competition. They are really just showing off their skiing and don't need the gnarliest terrain to run a good comp.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    No bib # yet but his helmet sticker is 741. He’s super pumped....and a little nervous!
    There are no bibs for the standard regional IFSA comps (at least last year), only helmet stickers... I think the national comps may issue bibs and there were also bibs for the regional final last year at Breck.

In other news, it looks like sleigh basin opened up (at least some of) the gullies! any reports???

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    In other news, it looks like sleigh basin opened up (at least some of) the gullies! any reports???
    Rocky where you would expect it but it was riding pretty good!

Anyone try Larson's ski shop for rentals for friends in Denver or is Breeze better?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Anyone try Larson's ski shop for rentals for friends in Denver or is Breeze better?
    I would def go with Larson's. It's one of the few indies left in the metro area...