Page 1393 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 ... LastLast
Results 34,801 to 34,825 of 37080
  1. #34801
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,507
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Course coverage is great, Grouse from a distance looks not too bad, but Larkspur, Strawberry and front side has a long way to go. Mostly brown.
    Attachment 394573
    Iím working the next two days up there....kinda stoked actually


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  2. #34802
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    7,764
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Keep smokin' DAT crack.
    I rode today.

  3. #34803
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    5,584
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    I’m working the next two days up there....kinda stoked actually


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It’s a kick. And sometimes a little sketchy. I just feel how out of shape I am, but the consensus is it really helps kick start ski shape for some of us. I’m cooked.

  4. #34804
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    bottom of the hobacks
    Posts
    547
    Thanks for the pic, brought me right back! Some of my absolute best memories on skis, and some downright terrifying ones. I'll look forward to watching on TV later in the week.

    My favorite vid from BOP:

    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

  5. #34805
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    tree OH TREE!!!!!
    Posts
    4,111
    shit, golf sounds dam good but I'm booked this week, great weather for it.

    have been playing quite a bit of disc though this fall, game still sucks but having fun.

  6. #34806
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,507
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65998120549__CDBD14B3-53FE-4244-BF94-596F1A71123F.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	200.2 KB 
ID:	394678

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5010.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	245.5 KB 
ID:	394679

    Holy hell im tired....course is in great shape despite the temps. Back up early tomorrow for one more day. That thing at those speeds never ceases to amaze me....insanity.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  7. #34807
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    9,704
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65998120549__CDBD14B3-53FE-4244-BF94-596F1A71123F.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	200.2 KB 
ID:	394678

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5010.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	245.5 KB 
ID:	394679

    Holy hell im tired....course is in great shape despite the temps. Back up early tomorrow for one more day. That thing at those speeds never ceases to amaze me....insanity.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    What tasks did you do? Sounds fun!

  8. #34808
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    5,584
    FIS appears to really like the course.
    I actually had one of the easier days on course today. There is just not enough extra snow to really try and get too busy with it, at least where I got sent. Felt almost guilty, but my body is thankful.

  9. #34809
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,507
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    What tasks did you do? Sounds fun!
    My group did quite a bit of B-net work today. Carrying 50lb B-net rolls on your shoulder while sliding down Golden Eagle is fairly difficult.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  10. #34810
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,919
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    My group did quite a bit of B-net work today. Carrying 50lb B-net rolls on your shoulder while sliding down Golden Eagle is fairly difficult.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Pssshhhhttt!!! What would Saban say? The Bear? Big game coming up this weekend!

  11. #34811
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    9,704
    Whoa, big cool down for Denver on SaturdayÖ.59į.

  12. #34812
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    5,584
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    My group did quite a bit of B-net work today. Carrying 50lb B-net rolls on your shoulder while sliding down Golden Eagle is fairly difficult.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It really is quite amazing sometimes that stuff isnít coming down that hill more often. Carrying some of that stuff across the brink and then down the course can be a little stressful as well as the physical challenge. Good getting that other access open. Sleep well.

  13. #34813
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Three-O-Three
    Posts
    14,839
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    ^^^yes, got a nice ride in the woods today.

    Someone friggin develop a year round lift served mtn bike mountain in the Front Range. It would kill it.
    You're gonna need a big piece of private land... because there's no way in hell any of the public land managers would ever allow something crazy like that.

  14. #34814
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    7,764

    Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

    Bike parks canít even make enough to stay open 7 days a week in September. The best riding of the year.

    I just lost the majority of my single track today, to seasonal wildlife closures.

  15. #34815
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,919
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    You're gonna need a big piece of private land... because there's no way in hell any of the public land managers would ever allow something crazy like that.
    Heritage Square would be perfect. Build all the other stuff that people pay for too. Alpine slides, ropes courses, bungee jumping, etc. Visible from I70.

    I think it could be done, but yeah, liability would be hudge. I feel like most CO ski areas are half assing their bike parks these days anyway.

    If you had a legit bike park with well built and maintained trails, high end rentals, near Denver, and ran it well, I bet you could make thousands of dollars!

  16. #34816
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    7,244
    Someone friggin develop a year round lift served mtn bike mountain in the Front Range. It would kill it.
    For better or worse, this sounds like another "This would be great for me so this is what I think somebody else should do with their money!". I'm pretty sure the tires have been kicked on this about a million times.

    Here is the Survey Monkey for the proforma business plan:

    How far are you willing to drive?

    How much are you willing to pay per day?

    How much would you pay for an annual pass?

    Would a non-lift (E DH or ATV shuttle type thing) work for you?

    What are the lowest/hotest temps you would ride in?

    What products and services besides access would you be interested in?

    What do you think about the Pawnee Grass Lands or BLM outside of Canyon or West Grand County?

  17. #34817
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,919
    Man, the fact that we are discussing DH mountain biking in December definitely displays the current state of skiing in CO. Hopefully it scares some folks to move away! It is almost convincing me to.

    I wish it would snow, that is all.

  18. #34818
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    GNARvada
    Posts
    4,136
    This is the part when we discuss building new ski areas to "spread the crowds", especially ones that get low snowfall and high winds, because the premier resort sites are locked up in Wilderness (and there are some good ones) or already developed.

    I've got a spot for a Silverton style mountain within 100 miles of Denver. Standard FS land. Steep as fuck. Great elevation and aspect. Send me your investment and we'll see if the land managers will "never allow it".

  19. #34819
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    7,244
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    This is the part when we discuss building new ski areas to "spread the crowds", especially ones that get low snowfall and high winds, because the premier resort sites are locked up in Wilderness (and there are some good ones) or already developed.

    I've got a spot for a Silverton style mountain within 100 miles of Denver. Standard FS land. Steep as fuck. Great elevation and aspect. Send me your investment and we'll see if the land managers will "never allow it".
    We already had that. It was rad. Its still there but without lift or avalanche control with makes it less rad.

    The current state of the FS is so understaffed and apathetic that probably nothing can get done.

  20. #34820
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    7,244
    It is almost convincing me to.
    If you live around here primarily for the skiing, you're doing it wrong.

  21. #34821
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If you live around here primarily for the skiing, you're doing it wrong.
    If "Around Here" is Grand County, then yeah, you are correct. Fortunately it is not.

  22. #34822
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,801
    Just gotta wait out my parents so I acquire their house on 22 acres in Deer Creek Canyon, then let's talk about a front range bike park haha

  23. #34823
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    9,630
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    <snip>

    I've got a spot for a Silverton style mountain within 100 miles of Denver. Standard FS land. Steep as fuck. Great elevation and aspect. Send me your investment and we'll see if the land managers will "never allow it".
    You've got the whole "never snows" thing to contend with, too.


  24. #34824
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    9,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Heritage Square would be perfect. Build all the other stuff that people pay for too. Alpine slides, ropes courses, bungee jumping, etc. Visible from I70.

    I think it could be done, but yeah, liability would be hudge. I feel like most CO ski areas are half assing their bike parks these days anyway.

    If you had a legit bike park with well built and maintained trails, high end rentals, near Denver, and ran it well, I bet you could make thousands of dollars!
    I think the Heritage site would be great for this. Have some BC gates with trails down into Apex

    Or continue to develop Floyd Hill and Maryland Mtn but throw an old chair in there.

    Is Trestle not a legit bike park?

    I donít want to build and run this thingÖbut I do think with climate change itís very viable as a year round venture. Someone else figure that shit out.

  25. #34825
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,125
    Heritage Square is doomed to be a gravel mine. Gotta feed the front range development beast.

Similar Threads

  1. Up to the Minute Colorado Backcountry Weather Conditions
    By AzureAbyss in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 10:16 PM
  2. anti jinx, anti jinx, anti jinx thread
    By Benny Profane in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 11:34 PM
  3. The Colorado crew STOKE thread.
    By Blurred Elevens in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 11:16 PM
  4. a REPLY without a thread...
    By Endlessseason in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 08:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •