Page 1391 of 1483 FirstFirst ... 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 ... LastLast
Results 34,751 to 34,775 of 37075
  1. #34751
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,280
    Fast turns yesterday.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ABasin112321.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	694.3 KB 
ID:	393824

    Surprise 3" overnight here at the boat but 50's forecasted to infinity. Town busy AF. I plan to hunker down and nordork it for next two weeks or however long until we get more snow. I think it's gonna be a death wish to ski the one ribbon we'll have.

  2. #34752
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    9,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Fast turns yesterday.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ABasin112321.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	694.3 KB 
ID:	393824

    Surprise 3" overnight here at the boat but 50's forecasted to infinity. Town busy AF. I plan to hunker down and nordork it for next two weeks or however long until we get more snow. I think it's gonna be a death wish to ski the one ribbon we'll have.
    Mmmm... so much sastrugi...

  3. #34753
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Cloud City
    Posts
    8,134
    Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Mid 50's friday thru thurs. 12/2. Remember to wear your blaze orange kit until the 29th if venturing out.
    Honest thank you for that one - my dog looks like a cross between a coyote and a wolf. I put the blaze bandana back on her neck.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

  4. #34754
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    9,690
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Mmmm... so much sastrugi...
    Nothing like some good old alpine sastrugi to get into flow state.

  5. #34755
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ten Mile Vistas
    Posts
    3,909
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    3"-4" at Breck and still snowing pretty hard. Guess we'll take it.
    6"-7" on the stake and still snowing......niiice.
    Old's Cool.

  6. #34756
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    4 degrees this morning. Too bad we're in for two weeks of dry and mild, almost truly felt like winter. Happy T-day, mags.

  7. #34757
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Montrose, CO
    Posts
    3,818
    Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    4 degrees this morning. Too bad we're in for two weeks of dry and mild, almost truly felt like winter. Happy T-day, mags.
    Yeah, it was in the teens, cold, blustery, and snowy in the San Juans yesterday, it felt like winter and I was feeling it. The forecast bites though. Back to riding bikes, I guess.

  8. #34758
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    summit county
    Posts
    606
    felt kinda good to rip groomers in single digit temps this morning. hope we got something in store for us after this dry spell

  9. #34759
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    7,758
    Amen.
    I got about 20 pow turns too and could have gotten quite a few more.
    But itís first day and I skied well.
    No need to push it.

  10. #34760
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,907
    Had fun skiing with my kid at Copper yesterday. Pattern change for Christmas?

    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

    throughpolarizedeyes.com

  11. #34761
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    fuh king depressing.

    I'll just hope the masses gets real discouraged to stop skiing and then it dumps February and on.

  12. #34762
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Beer Valley, CO
    Posts
    387
    If we want any snow in CO this year, War Eagle!


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  13. #34763
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Beer Valley, CO
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoMike View Post
    If we want any snow in CO this year, War Eagle!


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Well, guess not. Ride the bike all winter now.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  14. #34764
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,907
    24-22 tide

    F. Pattern change in 11 months?

  15. #34765
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    9,690
    Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    fuh king depressing.

    I'll just hope the masses gets real discouraged to stop skiing and then it dumps February and on.
    Iím having 11í-12í flashbacks. Fuck.

  16. #34766
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,917
    Boo fucking hoooooooo. Yeah it sucks. Real bad. But it is only Thanksgiving. And there are lots of ways to spice things up. But yeah, it really sucks. I keep thinking that if I keep going, eventually my expectations will be below the threshold of enjoyment and I'll be stoked. But no, not yet. I'll let ya know how it goes tomorrow. All I really want is an 800' vert bump run and I'd be pretty happy.

  17. #34767
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,507
    Suck it!!!!! Bike is getting a tune!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  18. #34768
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Montrose, CO
    Posts
    3,818
    Gonna shred the white ribbon tomorrow, but not gonna lie temps in the 50s make me not very motivated to drive to the hill. Whatever, guess I'll keep riding bikes.

  19. #34769
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Beer Valley, CO
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Suck it!!!!! Bike is getting a tune!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Letís go Dawgs!

  20. #34770
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    7,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Boo fucking hoooooooo. Yeah it sucks. Real bad. But it is only Thanksgiving.
    Its as if people don't remember when the ski areas didn't open until the beginning of December. The SNIAGRAB mentality that dictates that season season starts when summer is over and you want to go skiing god damn it is hilarious.

    In some respects I jealous of those who's life is so in order that you are looking to kill time on three icy trails. Other the other hand, I'm stoked for the little bit of quiet that it affords. Don't forget to get pumped about mountain biking about the first of April and then bitch that it's raining in the desert.

  21. #34771
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    GNARvada
    Posts
    4,133
    Iím calling the Seasons Pass office and demanding a refund

  22. #34772
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    cordova,AK
    Posts
    3,253
    I will admit to buyers remorse.

  23. #34773
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Its as if people don't remember when the ski areas didn't open until the beginning of December. The SNIAGRAB mentality that dictates that season season starts when summer is over and you want to go skiing god damn it is hilarious.

    In some respects I jealous of those who's life is so in order that you are looking to kill time on three icy trails. Other the other hand, I'm stoked for the little bit of quiet that it affords. Don't forget to get pumped about mountain biking about the first of April and then bitch that it's raining in the desert.
    Haha I worked a few sniagrabs at the sports castle back in the 90s. What a shitshow.

  24. #34774
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    9,690

    Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    In some respects I jealous of those who's life is so in order that you are looking to kill time on three icy trails.
    Haha yes. I have an acquaintance who posts every time he skis and heís on like day 10. Every time I think: really, who have nothing else going on in your life that you have time to ski 3 icy trails over and over and over, every couple of days? And you feel the need to constantly post about it on social media?

  25. #34775
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Haha yes. I have an acquaintance who posts every time he skis and heís on like day 10. Every time I think: really, who have nothing else going on in your life that you have time to ski 3 icy trails over and over and over, every couple of days? And you feel the need to constantly post about it on social media?
    The cool cats these days are just posting their ski days on Strava.

Similar Threads

  1. Up to the Minute Colorado Backcountry Weather Conditions
    By AzureAbyss in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 10:16 PM
  2. anti jinx, anti jinx, anti jinx thread
    By Benny Profane in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 11:34 PM
  3. The Colorado crew STOKE thread.
    By Blurred Elevens in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 11:16 PM
  4. a REPLY without a thread...
    By Endlessseason in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 08:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •