Page 1369 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 ... LastLast
Results 34,201 to 34,225 of 41276
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    One reason I've considered not having kids because fuck if I want to make folks go through what's coming.
    I came to that decision in my 20's. The hard part will be making sure some random relative will dump my ashes where I want them because I doubt I will ever have another spouse to see it through.

I'll repeat myself in saying I find comfort that the earth still has 2.5 billion more years before the lights go out. Humans? Not so much. Earth will recover nicely once another asteroid hits and takes out the rest of the population that managed to survive the impending ecological catastrophes. Look at the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I came to that decision in my 20's. The hard part will be making sure some random relative will dump my ashes where I want them because I doubt I will ever have another spouse to see it through.
    Just hire an Bezo'ian drone to scatter them over your favorite backcountry line. Probably get 1 day free dumping by then too.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

I still think we are in one of the best places to “weather” this calamity.

My ashes will be seeded into an oncoming storm and my friends will revel through my bounty.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Dave, the guy across the road from the parking lot and former owner of 'Horton the Quandary Dog', loves it when you park in his driveway......so just do that it. It's free!
    I worked for Dave at Breckenridge Photographics in 2008. He’s a bit of a trip, but a good introduction to the oddities of mountain town life in CO.

Anyone got a read when the winds are to shift and this shit blows away?
    Last edited by alpinevibes; 08-11-2021 at 10:11 AM.

The high pressure line is still in Wyoming and looks to stay for a while. Rain incoming should help.

Starting tomorrow, thru the weekend should be good

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    It's all truly fucked. I've sort of known that for a while -- sorta abstractly. One reason I've considered not having kids because fuck if I want to make folks go through what's coming. Spent the last 3 weeks on the road camping/visiting family. Our canoe trip was cancelled due to wildfires in Canada. Our stay at a MN lake had AQI over 150 most days. Our backpacking loop in the Black Hills got cut short as trails were closed suddenly due to more wildfires.

Was supposed to go on a run today but fuck if I can stand running in a gym.
    Yeah I honestly can't imagine having kids right now (even though I sure as hell don't want them anyway, and glad my wife is in total agreement of that), with how fucked everything is and is not going to get better.

In other news, I have finally started seeing a trend in local property owners not renting to remote workers anymore, thank god. Most friends who have been working remote are at least saying their companies are going to hybrid models, which will keep them where they are. Now to just wait out my buddy who is moving out of the Peak 1 neighborhood soon so I can buy his house haha

cmon how fucked up things are? you guys are terrible
    gotta look at how great shit really is and it is
    so what its hazy as some third world city doom and gloom and global warming and the end of the world and society sucks balls and people are off the rails
    come hang out with me I'll be a debbie downer I can outdo anyone and everyone but I sure don't go through life worrying about shit I can't control or heming and hawing about it

Fred is more bipolar than the weather....

We're all fucked conversations are so much more interesting at a barstool.
    The 2022 Farmers Almanac winter prediction of "chilled to the bone, average precipitation" is probably bullshit, but I'll take it

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Fred is more bipolar than the weather....
    starting a theory that FF is benny's alt account. their manic and depressive cycles seem to coincide. ff's complete lack of punctuation juxtaposes benny's over punctuation.

no, i will not research this further or post any hard evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    starting a theory that FF is benny's alt account. their manic and depressive cycles seem to coincide. ff's complete lack of punctuation juxtaposes benny's over punctuation.

no, i will not research this further or post any hard evidence.
    You have a point. Plus they are both locals.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Starting tomorrow, thru the weekend should be good
    Can confirm, this morning is the clearest it's been in quite some time in the Ark Valley.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Nice thunderstorm in Denver last night but it didn’t clear things out as much as I thought it would. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Nice thunderstorm in Denver last night but it didn’t clear things out as much as I thought it would. Ugh.
    Dunno - things look WAY better than they have for about 10 days:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AQI-1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	382181

Anyone want a sweet campsite at Rosy Lane CG (on the Taylor River) for Labor Day weekend?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^^^ sweet cg to sit in the river. wish i could but committed

Proof freddy got out of Breck this weekend. Great weather! Some rain but clear skies and great dirt

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Proof freddy got out of Breck this weekend. Great weather! Some rain but clear skies and great dirt
    Name:  god-damn-hippies.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  84.0 KB

what is the easiest way to get out of DIA with a lot of bags. I usually have to take the elevator up a flight.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    what is the easiest way to get out of DIA with a lot of bags. I usually have to take the elevator up a flight.
    Not sure what you mean. Where is your transportation, where are you going? DIA kinda forces you to leave via level 5, unless you do the terminal a skybridge thing. I'm usually heading to the parking lot shuttles which are on level 5 so that works for me.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

thanks I think i usually have to go to level 4 for my ride. Going to have my ride park and come in. Probably going to take at least two carts to handle it. I think next year I will buy all my fish at Denver Costco and tell everyone I give it to I caught it.
    off your knees Louie

Ah, yes, if someone is picking you up I think you take the elevator to level 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Ah, yes, if someone is picking you up I think you take the elevator to level 4.
    Definitely have to go down to level 4 for a non-commercial pick-up (i.e. friends/family). Just be prepared it's kind of a mess there right now with all of the construction.

BFD - Alternative choice, have them park level 5 garage and met you at bag claim. This is easiest for all, pick a garage (east/west), top level, walk in. You can rent a couple carts, grab your shit and push across drop off lanes to level 5. No elevators (slow and always busy, being blocked by everyone trying to figure out how to go down one level with shit loads of bags ) and no escalators (currently being blocked by a family from Texas looking for their bag claim)

Level 4 pick up is a fucking demolition derby of the untrained.