Page 1368 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 ... LastLast
Results 34,176 to 34,200 of 41261
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Steve should pan back, so we can really see what’s going on.

My grom lives in GW and paddle boards the CO & RF a lot. He thinks it’s done for this year.
    I’ve been pb’ing the upper C and it was like late August a couple weeks ago and even before that. I think the Ark has some goods left.

And yes, I would have like pad a bigger pic.

Hey, hope everyone is having a great summer. I've never see so many mushrooms in the woods. I just ordered a motion activated spotlight and an airhorn - need to redirect a local bear.

So I am looking at the epic local pass and in the cart it says something about a promo code.
    Name:  5irhhf.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  48.7 KB
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Heard it’s $25/half day $50/full day to park at the Quandary Trailhead now. Free shuttle from Breck. JFC.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Heard it’s $25/half day $50/full day to park at the Quandary Trailhead now. Free shuttle from Breck. JFC.
    Gotta get those instagram likes with a cardboard sign at the top in that case. Make the investment worth it.

Dave, the guy across the road from the parking lot and former owner of 'Horton the Quandary Dog', loves it when you park in his driveway......so just do that it. It's free!
    Old's Cool.

Name:  grumpycat2.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  34.5 KB

I realize it's not the best spot but don't want to create an account of 14ers.com so here goes. Anyone know if you can ride your bike on the South Colony Lakes trail where it ends on the old, now closed 4wd section? I guess the next obvious question is whether doing so is worth it. Anyone have any input?

Looks like the wilderness boundary is at the old trailhead. But ok from current 4wd TH to the old one, if that helps. That’s according to a map I got

'It's a 2 cigarette day'; Smoke, isolated afternoon t-storms Friday; Surge of smoke in Colorado on Saturday | FOX31 Denver
    https://kdvr.com/weather/weather-for...o-on-saturday/
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Fairly smoke free in Summit. Nice day on the lake. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1110.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	936.7 KB 
ID:	381684

any idea if they will be charging in the winter?

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    any idea if they will be charging in the winter?
    No idea. I would hope not. I’m assuming this pilot program would only go until Oct.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    I realize it's not the best spot but don't want to create an account of 14ers.com so here goes. Anyone know if you can ride your bike on the South Colony Lakes trail where it ends on the old, now closed 4wd section? I guess the next obvious question is whether doing so is worth it. Anyone have any input?
    Iirc it would suck pretty bad to ride a bike on that road. But I haven’t been up since they closed it.

Been licking lots of mushrooms lately they dont seem to get me high like the ones I'd pick out of barn yard as a teenager but I do end up wandering around in the woods for hours sucking my thumb after licking them

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Not smoke free in Boulder:

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

These last two summers have been so depressing. I’m seriously starting to contemplate leaving CO if this is the new normal. However, I can’t think of a larger US city that has mountains nearby with the balance of great summer and winter activities that Denver has, AND has as much sun AND isn’t prone to this new normal of wildfire haze all summer. I’d consider Seattle but I cannot deal with the gray/drizzle/rain.

These last two summers have been so depressing. I’m seriously starting to contemplate leaving CO if this is the new normal. However, I can’t think of a larger US city that has mountains nearby with the balance of great summer and winter activities that Denver has, AND has as much sun AND isn’t prone to this new normal of wildfire haze all summer. I’d consider Seattle but I cannot deal with the gray/drizzle/rain.
    I mean keep in mind that at least this summer hasn't been smokey from fires in our state at least, we've had it pretty good this summer.

BUT actually you can blame today's smoke on my buddy who moved to Sandpoint in the spring and came back to visit yesterday, brought the smoke they've been having up there with him haha

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    I mean keep in mind that at least this summer hasn't been smokey from fires in our state at least, we've had it pretty good this summer.

BUT actually you can blame today's smoke on my buddy who moved to Sandpoint in the spring and came back to visit yesterday, brought the smoke they've been having up there with him haha
    Yeah, that’s what makes it even worse. CO is in great shape (in general); the forests are lush, beautiful, full of flowers and....mushrooms! The hiking/biking couldn’t be better....except I have barely done that this summer given the shitty air, the shitty heat and the shitty views (who wants to climb a mountain in this shit?).

Our position downstream of huge annual CA fires is what has me worried long term.

This shit sucks!

^Yep, no point in going outside today, this shit is thick.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    ^Yep, no point in going outside today, this shit is thicc.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

There is no normal. The atmosphere in our cities is fucked. I truly believe the tipping point happened and anthropogenic climate change is here to stay. The cultural change towards a clean environment isn't going to happen. 2020 taught us many lessons and on the negative side is pretty clear, you can't force people or corporations to care about people's health on either a small or large scale.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    There is no normal. The atmosphere in our cities is fucked. I truly believe the tipping point happened and anthropogenic climate change is here to stay. The cultural change towards a clean environment isn't going to happen. 2020 taught us many lessons and on the negative side is pretty clear, you can't force people or corporations to care about people's health on either a small or large scale.
    Agree - the way the people handled/are handling the pandemic gives me no hope we can get this under control. Scary shit!

It's all truly fucked. I've sort of known that for a while -- sorta abstractly. One reason I've considered not having kids because fuck if I want to make folks go through what's coming. Spent the last 3 weeks on the road camping/visiting family. Our canoe trip was cancelled due to wildfires in Canada. Our stay at a MN lake had AQI over 150 most days. Our backpacking loop in the Black Hills got cut short as trails were closed suddenly due to more wildfires.

Was supposed to go on a run today but fuck if I can stand running in a gym.

Agree - the way the people handled/are handling the pandemic gives me no hope we can get this under control. Scary shit!
    Oh we'll get it under control, but not until a significant percentage of the human population has perished first.