Page 1316 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 ... LastLast
Results 32,876 to 32,900 of 41265
    Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    I am pretty sure Monarch is skiing better.
    Isn't it always the best place to be when you're there?

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    The bitches on opensnow comments are sure complaining.
    There is a comments section? I bet there’s some good stuff in there time to time.

LL was pretty fun yesterday. Magical light, east & west rope drops, cruisy pow.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Totally, we've gotten at least a little snow nearly every day for quite a while now. At this point the big question is when phoenix spellbound will open
    They were chucking a lot of bombs back there yesterday. Fingers crossed it'll happen soon!

Has Grouse opened at BC yet?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Has Grouse opened at BC yet?
    Yes, about a week ago.
    Old's Cool.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Thx.

I guess Imperial hasn’t opened yet? Surprised Imperial Bowl hasn’t filled in enough to open just that. Does Peak 7 Bowl look thin and rocky still?

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post

Love those zones... I've gotten rope drop there before. Magical is correct, Rad-gical might be more correct-er.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Did 9 open?

Stay outta my line
    stay outta my line

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post

Love those zones... I've gotten rope drop there before. Magical is correct, Rad-gical might be more correct-er.
    Just a reminder:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jacksonsnow1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	363421  

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Just a reminder:
    Meh. I'm holding out for the at least 3" since 6am report.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

I know this is from Utah...BUT, what a recovery.

From OpenSnow:
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    "There's not much to say. It's still snowing in many locations. I am currently interlodged in LCC and have been for 33 hours or so now. Alta and Snowbird did not open yesterday. LCC is reporting 27-30" of new snow since yesterday. High amounts elsewhere as well.

Yep, Alta has 87" total since Thursday afternoon. Over 7 FEET of new snow! As of time of writing (6am), the canyon (LCC) is closed still with no plans to re-open imminently. I wouldn't bother waiting in line as it's possible it won't open until late today.

It's safe to say this has been a cycle for the books. It's not over yet either. Snow will continue this morning in places before tapering off by afternoon. We have a break Thursday before the next system pushes in Thursday night.

Snow is likely in the Northern Utah mountains roughly from about Sundance north to the Idaho border on Friday morning. This is a weak system, so generally only expecting a few inches. But Friday could be a fun little mini powder day, especially on top of all the rest of this snow.

Then, we have a short break late Friday into early Saturday before the next system arrives during the day on Saturday. This one again is mostly just a Northern Utah event, but is a bit stronger. Moderate accumulations are possible."
    --------------------------------------------------------------

On top of that, point forecasts show another 22-30" in LCC by Sunday. Be safe and prepare to harvest when things open up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 11.27.05 AM.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	363430  
    You should have been here yesterday!

Cool sun dog from the Basin on Sunday (or maybe it was a portal into another dimension)
    Name:  SunDog1.jpg
Views: 1670
Size:  189.4 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SunDog2.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	358.1 KB 
ID:	363435

Hey man nice shot

Basin is skiing really well now. Things have filled in and I found some good untouched surfy powder stashes in a few places. Steep Gullies and The Bald Spot are open. Haven’t done the Bald Spot...is it worth it with the hike out?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Hey man nice shot
    Hey man, thanks.

Basin is skiing really well now. Things have filled in and I found some good untouched surfy powder stashes in a few places. Steep Gullies and The Bald Spot are open. Haven’t done the Bald Spot...is it worth it with the hike out?
    Steep Gullies was decent on Sunday and although there is a decent amount of snow in there I found as many rocks as I did great turns. Haven't been in the Bald Spot this year but would recommend hiking back to the Beaver lift instead of hiking out from the Steep Gullies.

heading to the butte this weekend, how are things going down there? how's the snow? is it cold? is it white? I'm bringing my shaman's cause they are calling for up to 8" of snow though the weekend, should be deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    heading to the butte this weekend, how are things going down there? how's the snow? is it cold? is it white? I'm bringing my shaman's cause they are calling for up to 8" of snow though the weekend, should be deep.
    Its skiing well by CB standards. Its not gonna be deep, but its soft everywhere and will probably stay that way through the weekend. Watch for sharks. Cross your fingers for phoenix/spellbound.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Hey man, thanks.

Steep Gullies was decent on Sunday and although there is a decent amount of snow in there I found as many rocks as I did great turns. Haven't been in the Bald Spot this year but would recommend hiking back to the Beaver lift instead of hiking out from the Steep Gullies.
    I’ve looked down at the top of the Bald Spot from the gate above but couldn’t get a sense of what’s down there. Is it a techy cliff area with a few steep lines through or is it mainly a steep, open face?

I’ve looked down at the top of the Bald Spot from the gate above but couldn’t get a sense of what’s down there. Is it a techy cliff area with a few steep lines through or is it mainly a steep, open face?
    Think bottom of the ally’s with less trees. It’s a cool little spot but kinda tough to ski just because it isn’t easy to lap to get to know very well. I feel like straight down from either of the gates is more open but my memory of it could be off. Definitely hike the boot back back up beavers. I haven’t been in there yet this season, need to get back in there and reorient myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    Think bottom of the ally’s with less trees. It’s a cool little spot but kinda tough to ski just because it isn’t easy to lap to get to know very well. I feel like straight down from either of the gates is more open but my memory of it could be off. Definitely hike the boot back back up beavers. I haven’t been in there yet this season, need to get back in there and reorient myself.
    What if you took your skins? Still better to boot back up to Beavers?

I’ve eyed it many times coming out of Glockenspiel, but always said I would do it with touring set and skin back.

Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    What if you took your skins? Still better to boot back up to Beavers?

I’ve eyed it many times coming out of Glockenspiel, but always said I would do it with touring set and skin back.
    Not worth skinning imo. The time it would take to transition you could be back at the lift already.

It's about a 7 minute walk from the bottom of the Bald Spot back to the Beavers Lift.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    It's about a 7 minute walk from the bottom of the Bald Spot back to the Beavers Lift.
    double rip skimo transition!
    Name:  skimotransition.JPG
Views: 800
Size:  61.2 KB

Gotta love the media. Saw this on my phone.

Apparently Trelease is a mountain region in Utah. Or Colorado is a place in the Utah mountain region.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2335.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	252.8 KB 
ID:	363602

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.