Page 1301 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 ... LastLast
Results 32,501 to 32,525 of 41262
    What forecast office is that out of? Because the morning discussion out of GJ sure didn't say that.

Under the influence of the next Pacific Northwest system, temperatures will fall below normal from Wednesday onward. Ensemble and deterministic models are in agreement that this next system will bring the potential for widespread precipitation to western Colorado and eastern Utah sometime mid-next week, but confidence is still low.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    I love Monarch. I love Mirkwood. But I will tell you Monday at Wolf Creek was the fucking shhhhiiiizzzzzzzz.
    Yeah I just tell myself that since I didn't want to spend 80 bucks and extra drive time to ski even though I'm sure it was bueno!

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    What forecast office is that out of? Because the morning discussion out of GJ sure didn't say that.
    Denver/Boulder

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

I fucking don’t believe that forecast. Doesn’t fucking snow anymore. I’m getting fucking tired of this bullshit. Temperatures today are not going to fucking help. Not even fucking excited to ski day to day at this point. Need to fucking change my attitude.

Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I fucking don’t believe that forecast. Doesn’t fucking snow anymore. I’m getting fucking tired of this bullshit. Temperatures today are not going to fucking help. Not even fucking excited to ski day to day at this point. Need to fucking change my attitude.

Fuck.
    There's fun to be had. I'm starting to wonder how the ice climbing is shaping up, and that's generally way outside my radar. I have had more time under my paraglider this winter than I've had on skis. There was a happy little overlap in there that had both.

Good luck with the attitude. We've all been there. Weather's gonna weather regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post

Fuck.
    I get it, I’ve been on a rollercoaster of emotions this season and without other things (travel, concerts, etc) to look forward to the shitty snow season hits extra hard at times. The one thing that has helped is reminding myself that at least we can spin laps on chairlifts. When I get on the mountain I look around and tell myself that and I’m generally just glad to be out skiing. Plus the skiing as still been alright in places just a bit more rocky than we would like for this time of year.

Still tho, snow please?

The storm next week has the potential to be a big front range upslope event and miss the mtns all together. It’s 50 degrees today and looks super warm again after tomorrow’s brief angry inch event.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I’m gonna poach Echo.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    The storm next week has the potential to be a big front range upslope event and miss the mtns all together. It’s 50 degrees today and looks super warm again after tomorrow’s brief angry inch event.

Don't those big upslope storms occur more frequently in the spring than the end of January? Nothing is fucked here, Dude.

That being said, I'm closing in on 30 days on snow this season, and I didn't buy my pass until December 17. Skiing is still fun.

It would be nice if the rest of colorado got some snow. As bad as the skier crowds have been the snowmachine scene has been ridiculous. Hard to find parking for all the tow haulers. Especially hard if you cannot back up. Last weekend they were parking on the shoulder of 160. Troopers had to work as parking lot attendants. Everything got plowed out further than I have ever seen last two days. Hopefully we do not get too much snow tonight. Would hate for a repeat of last weekend.
    off your knees Louie

Don't those big upslope storms occur more frequently in the spring than the end of January? Nothing is fucked here, Dude.

That being said, I'm closing in on 30 days on snow this season, and I didn't buy my pass until December 17. Skiing is still fun.
    We do get some monsters then, but upslopes can happen here anytime. Wouldn't be weird to get hammered now. Except for the fact that apparently it doesn't fucking snow anymore.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Roll tide. LULZ. I watched a brodozer with a double sled trailer trying to parallel park on the Vail frontage road. It was pure pain, through and through.

And this is just fantastic science I say:

decent shot of potentially heavy snow, somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    I love Monarch. I love Mirkwood. But I will tell you Monday at Wolf Creek was the fucking shhhhiiiizzzzzzzz.
    This. So much this.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    We do get some monsters then, but upslopes can happen here anytime. Wouldn't be weird to get hammered now. Except for the fact that apparently it doesn't fucking snow anymore.
    Thanks for the info. I guess the spring ones tend to be more newsworthy outside of Colorado, which is why I made the connection. Basalt is the furthest east I've lived in the state, so Front Range weather is a bit of a blindspot for me.

Thanks for the info. I guess the spring ones tend to be more newsworthy outside of Colorado, which is why I made the connection. Basalt is the furthest east I've lived in the state, so Front Range weather is a bit of a blindspot for me.
    Totally, when it snows 24" in early May, that makes national news. The same storm in January doesn't.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

NW Flow FTW....finally! Oddly enough Alabama basketball hadn’t lost in about 7 weeks and had risen to # 8.....they lost today and it snowed. Weird

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Heading to Silverton in a few weeks. Curious if the single heli drop is worth it...

Never done it, but helicopter rides are always worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Heading to Silverton in a few weeks. Curious if the single heli drop is worth it...
    I have been told getting 2 or more is more than twice as good as can get you into different drainage than the one and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I have been told getting 2 or more is more than twice as good as can get you into different drainage than the one and done.

This is the truth. If you can pony up, getting more than one drop really opens up the terrain possibilities. But, just doing a single drop is worth it too.

Or just buy one and get lucky like we did last year. The only group left for us to join had all bought three and they didn’t have anywhere else to put us so we got to go along for the ride.

go upside down.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

It’s a heli flight in the San Juans , it does not suck.

We’ve flown on most of our trips. General flow is 1x goes across the valley to Pyramid or Grassy Bowl, 2x adds Sandwich Chutes (gnarly lines east of Grande), 3x adds Zone 7 in a whole different drainage. A full day is more time in Zone 7 and beyond. My vote is 2-3 drops so you get into some premium terrain!

Skip if it’s nuking, as you’ll get to hot lap the <5 minute hikes right off the lift. Those are good days.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Never done it, but helicopter rides are always worth it.
    Unless it is flight for life... or actually, if it saves your life, maybe it is worth it. Either way FFL bills are usually > Heli skiing bills. But I digress.

Classic CB donut hole yesterday. Sunny all day and you could see the cloud over Kebler and Irwin. Final tally, Irwin 20", CB 2".

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Classic CB donut hole yesterday. Sunny all day and you could see the cloud over Kebler and Irwin. Final tally, Irwin 20", CB 2".
    Ouch