Page 1220 of 1650 FirstFirst ... 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 ... LastLast
Results 30,476 to 30,500 of 41250

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Edited to end debate

(To placate that CMcuntwit guy)

Last edited by Kinnikinnick; 04-16-2020 at 12:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

KKK is a massive fucking toolbag. There, I said what everyone was already thinking.

RIP to the slide victim.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    KKK is a massive fucking toolbag. There, I said what everyone was already thinking.

Oh look CMcuntwit.

^^^^Edited out except for that part. ^^^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; 04-16-2020 at 12:50 PM.

I wouldn't take it personally. All the forums are full of people tearing each other up. Bored, angry, and frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post

LOL

!
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; 04-16-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Um ok. You aren't bringing any "truth" you aren't any smarter or wiser than anyone here.

dude
    you are off the charts
    I guess yeah you are right everyone should be holed up in their house and not doing anything but walking around the block
    well everyone can suck my dick
    I'm not doing that and I don't care what anyone thinks
    might even take a nice long road trip this weekend but work seems to be getting in my way
    If I get hurt skiing or riding my bike even driving I guess you can shit all over me for not following the rules
    my bad

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    RIP sorry to hear of avy death in any context.

Actually if you want to PM..

Mountain locals, its as simple as this:

FOCUS YOUR EFFORTS TO REDUCE THE IMPACT OF RISK TAKING BEHAVIOR ON THE LOCALS, NOT ON SHUTTING OUT OF OTHERS

The data is here, unfortunately.
    I don't know why you are convinced the party was locals?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Edit to end debate

Fred's posts notwithstanding, I think most people agree that everyone should be dialing back what they do, recreationally or otherwise. These guys didn't (and I think it's fair to say that even without knowing the specific facts), regardless of whether they are locals.

The additional thing, beyond just dialing it back, is staying local. Both measures -- dialing it back and staying local -- are related but separate, and are both designed to benefit everyone in the long run. Why should the mountain folk be the only ones to be able to recreate in the mountains? My thinking is, because they made the choice (and sacrifice in some ways) to live there and I didn't. I mean, I live in Boulder and I get to hike or ride paths, and I don't think people from Denver should be recreating here right now. And again, I made the choice (and sacrifice in some ways) to live here and they didn't.

These are strange times, and for a short blip in the grand scheme of things, people living in mountain communities get a hudge recreational advantage. Big whoop. I miss it, I am jealous, but I'm not mad.

That doesn't mean they should be climbing and skiing in the Gore. So I don't know why Kinnikinnick is so fired up about this, nobody has defended these guys and their actions, and that has zero to do with whether they are local or not.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Great post Danno
    A friend that lives near Wild Basin reported 34" - major upslope!

Well amongst all the back and forth... joined the kooks in the main areas of berthoud to keep it extra safe and damn was it skiing well. Scary to see the number of people with no packs booting in the skin tracks. Hopefully nobody gets a little off track and blows it. About as good of snow quality as you could hope for and still nuking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saying that you 'sacrifice' to live in Boulder versus Denver is a very Boulder thing to say...

But I otherwise agree. Living in the mountains does involve sacrifices for most people. It feels like most front rangers think that everybody living in a mountain town is having one neverending closing day party right now. Meanwhile in reality most are just wondering how they're going to have enough money to survive the next few months.
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Saying that you 'sacrifice' to live in Boulder versus Denver is a very Boulder thing to say...
    I sacrifice because I work in Denver and have an hour commute each way, and the cost of housing (and cost of living in other ways) is a significantly greater percentage of my income than it would in many parts of Denver. Why is that a "very Boulder thing to say"? That's just basic life shit and the tradeoffs (ie sacrifices) people make. Just like people in the mountains sacrifice income potential and take on a higher cost of living to be in a place that's closer to the stuff that makes them happy (mountains, trails, etc), how is what I said any different? FFS.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

whose going skiing after work today?

As Colorado moves into “Stage 2” of the plan to reopen (assuming that comes in May or early June sometime), I’m curious what people think will be different when it comes to outdoor recreation between then and now. Will we still be in Stay At Home / recreate locally or will we transition to a point where recreating anywhere with social distancing measures in place will be allowed? And how will the mountain towns handle the masses? I guess if hotels, restaurants and bars aren’t open in Stage2, that would keep things semi-local.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    As Colorado moves into “Stage 2” of the plan to reopen (assuming that comes in May or early June sometime), I’m curious what people think will be different when it comes to outdoor recreation between then and now. Will we still be in Stay At Home / recreate locally or will we transition to a point where recreating anywhere with social distancing measures in place will be allowed? And how will the mountain towns handle the masses? I guess if hotels, restaurants and bars aren’t open in Stage2, that would keep things semi-local.
    its going to be an ikoniepic shit show like no one has ever seen
    I got hotel reservations in moab in mid may already for a week
    fuck staying local at least two day long road trips planned this weekend
    I"m going to see if someone in eagle will blow me this weekend when they get all self rightous about their trails

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    its going to be an ikoniepic shit show like no one has ever seen
    I got hotel reservations in moab in mid may already for a week
    fuck staying local at least two day long road trips planned this weekend
    I"m going to see if someone in eagle will blow me this weekend when they get all self rightous about their trails
    Moab in May? How novel. They’ll probably shoot you and your CO plates.

I'm going to MTB in Eagle this weekend!!

Fuck it. Jeff Kerkove keeps telling everyone on Strava how epic it is!

Some live where they must, but for many people, particularly those whose hobbies include skiing, they live where they want to based on their own priorities. It's pretty silly for anyone to act in a shutdown like they are the ones who are truly deprived. Everyone is!

Overall tourists economies are being hit the hardest by the shutdown. They have the fewest essential businesses too.

As the economy restarts, that is your answer to the deluge. If people go back to work, you won't have 500K Coloradans trying to drive to Moab... and Moab will be back to work so they will want to have tourist business, fix bikes, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I sacrifice because I work in Denver and have an hour commute each way, and the cost of housing (and cost of living in other ways) is a significantly greater percentage of my income than it would in many parts of Denver. Why is that a "very Boulder thing to say"? That's just basic life shit and the tradeoffs (ie sacrifices) people make. Just like people in the mountains sacrifice income potential and take on a higher cost of living to be in a place that's closer to the stuff that makes them happy (mountains, trails, etc), how is what I said any different? FFS.
    I once saw a bumper sticker that said, 'Fuck Tibet, Free Boulder'. I thought that summed up the general attitude of Boulder residents perfectly (with exceptions, of course).

Where does this sort of exclusion mentality end? Should we be drawing a specified radius around every metro Denver/Boulder trail, path, and park to determine who is allowed to recreate on them? Do people living downtown get to walk around Cherry Creek Reservoir? Or can people living in Highlands Ranch walk the paths around Sloans Lake?

The reason they are pushing so hard to keep people out of the mountain communities is simply because of the limited medical capacity and generally lower level of care available for those residents. That reasoning doesn't translate to any of the metro front range cities, so now we're trying to find other personal justifications to keep people out of what we feel are our personal enclaves.

I guess I hoped that maybe we'd come together as a community through all of this (figuratively, of course), but I swear it's created an even more severe 'me vs. you' mentality.
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    whose going skiing after work today?
    Is that a humble brag that you have a job right now?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Moab in May? How novel. They’ll probably shoot you and your CO plates.
    my soon to be ex wife was just there a week or so ago no one shot at her

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    I'm going to MTB in Eagle this weekend!!

Fuck it. Jeff Kerkove keeps telling everyone on Strava how epic it is!
    almost choked on my chicken nugget while eating dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Is that a humble brag that you have a job right now?
    just being a dick, trolling, but yeah the piece of shit govonor said I'm a required industry so yeah

Here’s some stoke from the last week....

Name:  IMG_0692.JPG
Views: 3048
Size:  143.0 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0691.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	325882

Name:	IMG_8020.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	596.5 KB 
ID:	325883

Name:	GPTempDownload.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	955.4 KB 
ID:	325884

I hope many have been fortunate enough to take advantage of the great storm cycle that NoCO just had.

Keep it mellow, keep it safe......ski on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by cmsummit; 04-20-2020 at 05:57 AM.
    Old's Cool.