Page 1125 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 ... LastLast
Results 28,101 to 28,125 of 41300
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunkerking View Post
    I am scheduled to head into Eiseman Hut Sunday. Thoughts on whether I should go.... route in is avy safe. Supposedly.
    I canceled our trip into Eiseman given the avalanche danger. Basically would not have been much safe to ski around the hut in our opinion. 10th mountain division has done something really nice and offered to refund a trip money for any trips scheduled Saturday through Tuesday.

Skiing copper tomorrow would be curious to hear if there was stuff that didn’t get opened today.

Heard a good name for the new slide path on Peak 1. "Silent Bob" because it is next to the "J" chute.

Basin was good, people were hucking Kong. Some quite big. Everything was filled in and DEEP. Beavers were open late, so Pali got the gangbang treatment, still got a lot of really good deep turns in before work.

Skied Copper today opening to about 12:30.

Great snow- pow up top, heavy pow down low. This was only my 3rd or 4th time ever skiing Copper and my only pow day. Caught first tracks and several rope drops. It was really fun. Copper has a good crowd. Way more relaxed and friendly than other mountains.

Apparently (according to a lifty) there was a natural inbounds slide it Copper bowl and they weren't opening it because of that.

Took 1hr 45 min driving up from Golden at 5:30, 1 hour driving back at about 1:00 pm. Best pow to traffic ratio I've had on I 70 in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post

Great snow- pow up top, heavy pow down low. This was only my 3rd or 4th time ever skiing Copper and my only pow day. Caught first tracks and several rope drops. It was really fun. Copper has a good crowd. Way more relaxed and friendly than other mountains.

Apparently (according to a lifty) there was a natural inbounds slide it Copper bowl and they weren't opening it because of that.

Took 1hr 45 min driving up from Golden at 5:30, 1 hour driving back at about 1:00 pm. Best pow to traffic ratio I've had on I 70 in years.
    Copper really does have an awesome crowd. Today was awesome. Everyone was hucking huge in Union bowl.

Went to Hidden Vally to be a human ski lift and sled dragger for my four year old today. Windy but the snow was plenty dry even in the lot.

Thinking of heading back up tomorrow for more selfish reasons. My legs are a bit beat from the last couple days, but I'm fairly certain I know where to find some soft untracked. If anyone wants to join, pm me. Thinking I'll leave Lafayette around 6:30. Happy to carpool.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Heard a good name for the new slide path on Peak 1. "Silent Bob" because it is next to the "J" chute.

Basin was good, people were hucking Kong. Some quite big. Everything was filled in and DEEP. Beavers were open late, so Pali got the gangbang treatment, still got a lot of really good deep turns in before work.
    What time did they end opening the road up?

Got to the traffic line just before 7 and waited until about 830 but bailed and went to keystone for a few laps.

Awesome! Yeah I have been copper only for about the past 8 years after 10 years of the vail pass. I really like everything about the mountain. It’s getting more pricey for the 4 packs. Up from $159 a couple years ago to $249 next year.

Hope to catch the Tucker Cat tomorrow.

Who are you and what have you done with Kevo???
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This^

Copper skiied so so nicely up high. Backside was closed until 1. Wind was really moving snow around up high. Union peak Rope drop was A blast. Nothing beats high speed pow turns in hero snow. Sunny dry roads when we left at 3. So much pow. Copper to Boulder in 2 hrs...I-70 FTW

Oh and. Huge avy in Fremont glades off tucker (either glade one or valentines). Needless to say tucker did not open.

Wonder if tucker will open tomorrow even. Everything else open up today?

I was looking at the weather and wondering if Tucker would open ever. Like EVER?

Looks like I 70 will have intermittent closures tomorrow for avalanche blasting. Haha good luck with that shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    Wonder if tucker will open tomorrow even. Everything else open up today?
    West ridge of union & copper never opened

Bunch of new paths and freshly wiped old paths up in the Montezuma area today. Can't wait to start exploring for new runs this spring.

I wonder if the warm up over the next few days will cause some more stuff to pop, or just solidify it into massive slabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Who are you and what have you done with Kevo???
    I know, right? Can't believe I lucked out on I 70.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	basin 3.9.19.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	273292
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E2D16B0A-6B8C-40A3-887D-AE1A44B34DEA.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	678.0 KB 
ID:	273291  

Breck upper mountain didn't open.
    Copper has terrain to open tomorrow to.
    Keystone skied super nice.
    Heard Abasin was good but not great. What didn't open?

Meh.

How about Mahaney chute after Pat Mahaney, the Flight For Life pilot who passed in the 2015 crash in Frisco.

Also, J chute looks different after last nights avalanche. iskibc suggested High Heel, which is super fitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Copper really does have an awesome crowd. Today was awesome. Everyone was hucking huge in Union bowl.
    Copper is my fav Front Range hill, by far.

So hopefully the 70 closures means everyone thinking of going to copper will go to WP instead? One can hope.

Dang. Just found out about a fatal roof avalanche in Crested Butte. Careful out there...

Quote Originally Posted by nomad_games View Post
    Copper is my fav Front Range hill, by far.
    Wut?

FYI they are live streaming the bombing of VP on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Dang. Just found out about a fatal roof avalanche in Crested Butte. Careful out there...
    This non-fatal incident or another one?

https://avalanche.state.co.us/caic/a...=711&accfm=rep
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

FYI they are live streaming the bombing of VP on social media.
    Where @?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    stay outta my line

Quote Originally Posted by TransplantedFromRMNP View Post
    Where @?
    They stopped now, but it was on their FB page.