Page 1002 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 ... LastLast
Results 25,026 to 25,050 of 41143
    EVERYONE STAY WITH EPIC PASSES, PLEASE.

I agree that Loveland won't do a thing, their niche is secure.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    EVERYONE STAY WITH EPIC PASSES, PLEASE.

I agree that Loveland won't do a thing, their niche is secure.
    This. While I reeeaally hate to see CB go, this alleviates some fears of a mass exodus over to the IKON

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Too bad they don't have any good ones IN CO.
    It is. If it wasn't for this, everyone would get an IKON Pass and the shitty Colorado resorts on the pass would be a clusterfuck.

I'm glad people are sticking with Epic passes... they're gonna be Epic next year.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Their current agreement expires at the end of next season. We won't see any changes announced (if they come) until this time next year.

At this point, I imagine ABasin is addicted to the Vail teet and isn't going anywhere.
    I'd go with an A-basin only pass in a heartbeat if they ditched VR. But yes, not going to happen.

As long as they spread the crowds out more evenly, I'll be happy. This state needs a better distribution of skiers.

I'm still gonna ski the same mountain on a daily basis.

Crested butte was desperate to weather proof next season after this dismal year, especially with next year looking even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    Crested butte was desperate to weather proof next season after this dismal year, especially with next year looking even worse.
    Yup - Crested Butte is such a fickle mistress...

How do you know what's gonna happen next year? That's some damn good weather knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    This. While I reeeaally hate to see CB go, this alleviates some fears of a mass exodus over to the IKON
    I'll say it - don't you think we might be overestimating just how much of an impact this will have?
    Within 3 hours of town, Ikon and Epic really aren't much different from previous years offering.
    Who cares that you can now ski somewhere 9+ hours away?
    Geezus, by the sounds of it, the WP parking lineup will start at Jones Pass turnoff and Copper will actually have a line at A-chair

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Copper will actually have a line at A-chair
    There is no A lift.

There is no A lift.
    Trying to be an old school crusty local - ALPINE chair.

Trying to be an old school crusty local - ALPINE chair.
    Haha, nah, just givin ya hsit. No one goes there and it'd be nice if it stayed that way. We love parking over there and treating it like it's own little old school ski area, separate from everything else. One beer/bowl per lift ride.

How do you know what's gonna happen next year? That's some damn good weather knowledge.
    Just some statistical analysis and machine learning, actually depending on how this year shakes up, next year might be better than this year but it will still most likely be bad, greater than 75% of less than 150" of snow, current YTD for CB is 107" so if they get 43" or more for the rest of this year, than there's a 25% that this year will be as good or better than next.

There is no A lift.
    Yup...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'll say it - don't you think we might be overestimating just how much of an impact this will have?
    Within 3 hours of town, Ikon and Epic really aren't much different from previous years offering.
    Geezus, by the sounds of it, the WP parking lineup will start at Jones Pass turnoff and Copper will actually have a line at A-chair
    No one here ever overreacts and this place is a perfect segment representation of a front range skier that is likely to buy a season pass.

Some truth to that. But I have heard -- here and elsewhere -- about numerous EPIC people looking to switch next year, certainly in part due to the IKON offerings. Purely anecdotal, but...

But you're probably right, it will likely be the same old status quo.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Some truth to that. But I have heard -- here and elsewhere -- about numerous EPIC people looking to switch next year, certainly in part due to the IKON offerings. Purely anecdotal, but...

But you're probably right, it will likely be the same old status quo.
    I'm already scheming a Big Sky/Jackson trip as well as a Alta-Bird/DV trip next season...

And Aspen. I forgot Aspen...

I'd bet that less than 2% of CO passholders pull that off.

Most will do their standard WP/Eldora/Copper day, maybe a weekend or two at Steamboat or Aspen, and if they are REALLY lucky, one extended weekend to SLC or Jackson

Most will do their standard WP/Eldora/Copper day, maybe a weekend or two at Steamboat or Aspen, and if they are REALLY lucky, one extended weekend to SLC or Jackson
    That's 15,000 colorado skiers descending into the SLC or Jackson every weekend. Assuming that Vail sells 750k passes and all 2% of those skiers go to the same place every weekend.

My buddies were talking about a Big Sky trip next year, if I can afford Ikon I hope I can afford that too.

I'm OK with that. Fuck those people anyways.

That's 15,000 colorado skiers descending into the SLC or Jackson every weekend. Assuming that Vail sells 750k passes and all 2% of those skiers go to the same place every weekend.
    That would be the preferred scenario.
    I can hear the locals bitching already!

That would be the preferred scenario.
    I can hear the locals bitching already!
    We should plan that, total flash mob ski scene. That might be the greatest thing of all time if we pulled it off.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Even with the CB news, I think there are a ton of people out there looking to alleviate the metering at the tunnel and are looking to go to WP, thus switching to Ikon.

Epic bitching on CBMR’s social media of course. It’s gold, Jerry. Gold.

I can't believe that people are upset and commenting on social media.