Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What is your most prized possession

So my friend and I are driving up I-90 today to go hiking off of exit 38. We are riding in my friend's beautiful brand spanking new hasn't even had it for one week yellow Jeep Wrangler, Limited Edition. 70 mph, car in front of us, car to the side and we are in the left lane. All of a sudden, a piece of pipe from god knows where comes bouncing out from behind the truck in front of us and smacks my friend's Jeep in the grill. It holds there for about 5 seconds and then releases, rolling out from under her car. We are both frozen and my friend, who is highly reactive, fails to react. I can see it in her face that she is crushed. We get to the exit and look at the damage. Everything under the car is fine, the grill has a perfect diagonal dent, paint gone. My friend is devastated. She is 35 years old and this is her first new car...i totally felt for her.

Anyway...this made me think about what my most prized possession is. Toss up between my Subaru, aka the Boobaru, and my Scratch BC's that due to situations beyond my control were out of my possession for a few days and it damn near killed me until I got them back. What about all of you out there???? Anything that you own taht you love more than life itself?
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

Blurred Elevens Guest
    Her car is new. Full-coverage insurance...tell her to get over it.

My health. Everything else is just stuff.

My family and friends.

BobMc

Edit, heh

Originally posted by Lane Meyer
    My health. Everything else is just stuff.
    possesions are like a drug. you biuld up a tolerance.

My friend is devastated. She is 35 years old and this is her first new car...i totally felt for her.
    Please. It's just metal and plastic. Think about all the shite going on in Iraq and then think about this minor Jeep damage again..pretty farking insignificant

friends, family, and health.

If its just a grill thats easily replaced. Now if it was a bent frame rail...I'd be pissed.

My kids...what else could there be??
    Snow?

Be thankful it didn't come through the windshield.

My peiner: So much fun. So much trouble.

Blurred Elevens Guest
    Originally posted by DaveTV
    Please. It's just metal and plastic. Think about all the shite going on in Iraq and then think about this minor Jeep damage again..pretty farking insignificant
    I agree. Can you believe it?

My horse and my 11 year old yellow lab. They make me happy.
    Not on here much anymore. Drop me an email if you want to contact me. Have a wonderful winter!

MY EYES! MY EYES!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Originally posted by Blurred Elevens
    I agree. Can you believe it?
    Aw yer just being nice cuz the high country is about to get hammered and youze gonna get some And some of us aren't

Re: What is your most prized possession

Originally posted by girlski0912
    So my friend and I are driving up I-90 today to go hiking off of exit 38. We are riding in my friend's beautiful brand spanking new hasn't even had it for one week yellow Jeep Wrangler, Limited Edition. 70 mph, car in front of us, car to the side and we are in the left lane. All of a sudden, a piece of pipe from god knows where comes bouncing out from behind the truck in front of us and smacks my friend's Jeep in the grill. It holds there for about 5 seconds and then releases, rolling out from under her car. We are both frozen and my friend, who is highly reactive, fails to react. I can see it in her face that she is crushed. We get to the exit and look at the damage. Everything under the car is fine, the grill has a perfect diagonal dent, paint gone. My friend is devastated. She is 35 years old and this is her first new car...i totally felt for her.

Anyway...this made me think about what my most prized possession is. Toss up between my Subaru, aka the Boobaru, and my Scratch BC's that due to situations beyond my control were out of my possession for a few days and it damn near killed me until I got them back. What about all of you out there???? Anything that you own taht you love more than life itself?
    Is your friend one of those Jeep owners that feels the need to wave to EVERY other Jeep owner that goes by like you people are in a cult or are some special breed or something? What's that all about anyway? I'm sorry, but if everyone that drove the same car or trucking fucking waved to each other as they passed, we'd have pure chaos on the roads...especially chicks....they're already distracted enough when they drive, I don't need them on the lookout for the same type of car just so they can give a wave. Please, reserve the waving for cyclists and UTA drivers.

Sorry to hear about your friends wrangler tho....oh, and my dog.

other than people, relationships etc., my most valuable material possession is probably a toss up between my motorcycle, my mountain bike and my samurai. All mean a bunch to me.

Originally posted by DaveTV
    Aw yer just being nice cuz the high country is about to get hammered and youze gonna get some And some of us aren't
    No, the only thing that Brett will be hammering is his boyfriend

Thank god its not my kids... that would suck...

brand new Jeep, smashed in grill, give her a break eh?

what if your brand new skis got a core shot?
    what if your brand new bike got wrecked?
    not as big a problem as the Saudi car bomb no, can't touch the war in Iraq, no
    relevant to this community? YES

damn where's the love Maggots? We all know this place is a prize and all the people that come from it are the icing on the cake. Possesions may be fleeting, yes, it is a blessing to re-discover how much our loved ones mean to us...

I digress>
    My dog is not a posession, but he is very prized.
    My ski's are not so much prized as they are appreciated for their different qualities.
    My bike is a constant pain in my mechanical ass.
    My house is, well, not really mine yet.
    My books can be replaced....

My most prized possession is my music.
    Albums that can never be replaced, memories that go along with every CD are ingrained forever in my head, and even my "files" and burned CD's hold a most special place in my heart, be it a Dicks Pix, a recording of my sister, a live Phish, or an old Johnny Cash tape, there is no other thing I possess that touches me as much as music. And that is why the CD's never stay in my car...

great topic Girlski

reminds me of last week when i swerved to miss a fiberglass ladder on I-215 and a jeep behind me clobbered it, let that be a lesson in following distance

I'd have to say that as far as a most prized possession (and I don't consider my loved ones & pets possessions) I would have to say the answer would be "my body" because without it I'd be, well...dead I guess!
    Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Talking

heh. tihaber has a mechanical ass.

In no particular order:

MY Penis
    My Knees
    My friends
    My Family
    My Flyrod
    My Publics
    My SCS'
    My Brain
    My bike
    My Vise
    My Legs
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Well, my dog owns me, so I can't claim him as my prized posession. I'm pretty sure I am his though.

My 13 foot Boston Whaler (that I have owned since I was 7) tops the list.

Be really glad it didn't go through the windshield- I just saw this guy on TV that had a piece of re-bar shoot through his windshield and go through his head. It left an indent in the headrest. He can walk, talk, and has most of his memory. No use of his left arm below the elbow, and he walks a bit funny. He had a 30% chance of even surviving. Sickest thing was, he was delivering a pizza at the time. When the paramedics came up to the car, he was totally conscious and told them that they needed to deliver the pizza on the way to the hospital. The paramedics were like, " uhhhh- it can wait, you have a freaking pole sticking out of your forehead." What do you think that guy's favorite posession is?

his pole???

just a guess