Thread: DOH!

DOH!

Planned to bolt out for an extended lunch break ride. Drove 20 minutes to the trailhead. Popped trunk, Then the realization that I left my riding shoes at home set in.
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

Wish I could say I've never such a thing.

At least you can eat your PB&J somewhere purty.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Most people do that exactly ONE TIME. That, and forget the front wheel....

I did the same F'ing thing just 3 days ago .... except I drove 45 minutes, opened up the trunk to find that I brought my shiny new road shoes instead of the mud covered mtb shoes. No idea how I made that fricking mistake.

Worse than forgetting to put your front wheel in the car for a ride is to forget to put it in the car after a ride.
    Who cares how the crow flies

Quote Originally Posted by YoEddy View Post

Worse than forgetting to put your front wheel in the car for a ride is to forget to put it in the car after a ride.
    Yeah, I did that once. And to make it worst, I forgot the girlfriend's wheel, not mine! Half an hour later when I returned at 100 miles an hour to get it, it was already gone: what kind of bastard just steals a frikken front wheel that's laying around!?!?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Alek View Post
    Yeah, I did that once. And to make it worst, I forgot the girlfriend's wheel, not mine! Half an hour later when I returned at 100 miles an hour to get it, it was already gone: what kind of bastard just steals a frikken front wheel that's laying around!?!?!!?
    Sometimes, people grab them and take them to shops and ask around. At least I believe that happened to Bags many years back.

Although he may have just been lucky. But if I saw that someone left a wheel, that is what I would do. Got to be just good karma.

I forgot my camelback 2 months ago when we headed up in the mountains. I almost bought another one when I realized in Golden, but decided not too, and that night camping we got snowed on an inch or so and the wind was blowing something awful. It was so cold in the morning we just bolted back to town.
    A gay-rage full of toys. You can guess em.

That's why my XC shoes stay in the truck.
    Montani Semper Liberi

[SIZE=2]I did the same F'ing thing just 3 days ago .... except I drove 45 minutes, opened up the trunk to find that I brought my shiny new road shoes instead of the mud covered mtb shoes.
    There's a difference ? Who knew. I ride my roadie with my MTB shoes. Dirty or clean they're easier to walk in when posing at the coffee shop destination. Unless it's been a tough ride in which case it's the ice cream store. Or on an ugly ride the bar. And I can promise you the bar guys prefer the MTB shoes. Only other roadies care about footwear.

By the way the snow is coming. Remember those gloves and goggles. Poles tend to be optional. And skis can be rented or left behind for the locals.

Quote Originally Posted by fondigley View Post
    Sometimes, people grab them and take them to shops and ask around. At least I believe that happened to Bags many years back.
    Yep, I had a rental Neon and had to load my bike into the trunk. Left the front and rear, and didn't realize it until the next day when we were packing up to go for a ride. I informed the shops in town and a few weeks later got a call from the dude that had found them. He'd been running them on his own bike, but I guess he got a guilty conscience.
    Last edited by bagtagley; 12-05-2007 at 05:49 PM.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckeeLocal View Post
    There's a difference ? Who knew. I ride my roadie with my MTB shoes. ...
    Lately it would seem that I've become the Imelda Marcos of cycling footwear. I've got older and newer versions for both road and mtb, and now a pair of winter mtb shoes! Leaving a pair of each in the trunk may be the way to go ...

I'll wear the mtb shoes if I'm riding the cross bike around town, but when I'm on the road, well, it's all bidness, and not likely that I'm stopping for much more than water.
    Who cares how the crow flies

Lately it would seem that I've become the Imelda Marcos of cycling footwear.
    Hey, I'm with you. I've got two pairs. One when I plan on doing trail maintenance and the other, the flash pair, when I don't. But the best laid plans of mice and men ... But leaving them in the trunk ... Isn't that like leaving the ski boots in the car overnight Fortunately I rarely drive to trails - the last time I did I forgot to hook up my wife's front brake She, the better half, was not happy at the end of the ride. At least it was a 10 mile uphill grind followed by a 10 mile downhill 'adventure'. I was happily consuming a beer (after I'd run over a snake on the way back) when she arrived to explain she had a problem God know why she didn't fix it herself. I guess she had something to prove. Not sure what it proved. But that's a topic for a different thread.

When I lived in Baltimore 1992-1994, I used to go to a river about 45-60 mins north of me for fishing. I once drove up there and shucked my sandals and put on my waders and boots (waders needed even in summer, water temps high 40s and low 50s), put together my rod, and then found out I didn't have my reel. Can't exactly fish without the line, eh?

I have done that before. I have also driven two hours only to realize that I let my riding clothes at home. Luckily there is a bike shop at the entrance to Pisgah.

mrryde...where do you usually ride in Charlotte? WW Center?

Done the same thing with my helmet. I ended up shuttle bitch that day.

I left my front tire at home leaning against my wifes car once.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

I once had a still-in-box pair of these fall out while loading up at Moab Cyclery. Then I backed over them. Then I left.

Half an hour later I sheepishly went back, where the Escape guys were trying to figure out whose feet were the right size to use em.

Four seasons later they're still riding strong.