Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    It looks like we have a decent sized group going. Maybe we should pick a lift and time to meet up on Sat ? Say chair 1 @ 10:00 ?
    "Do the interns get Glocks ? "

if you don't have someone to do it with, it's not worth doing

Question cough! cough!!

here's the loveland forecast:

TODAY
    SNOW SHOWERS...SOME HEAVY...AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS.
    SNOW ACCUMULATION 2 TO 5 INCHES. HIGHS IN THE MID 20S TO LOWER 30S.
    EAST WINDS 10 TO 20 MPH.

TONIGHT
    SNOW...HEAVY EAST OF THE DIVIDE. SNOW ACCUMULATION 5 TO
    10 INCHES. LOWS 13 TO 19. NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 30 MPH.

FRIDAY
    SNOW. ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 9 INCHES. HIGHS IN THE MID
    20S.

FRIDAY NIGHT
    SNOW IN THE EVENING...THEN DECREASING. LOWS 5 TO

i think i feel the 12" flu coming on... anyone for friday?
    to all my friends, it's not the end
    the earth has not swallowed me yet

I may do abasin tomorrow and will defiently be there on saturday. Anybody still running with the vail resorts pass shoot me a pm if you want to meet up.

Re: cough! cough!!

Originally posted by el_jefe

I'm heading up to either LP or BP early tomorrow morning if you want to meet up?

Originally posted by snowfire
    I'll be at the Basin on either Saturday or Sunday, right now it's looking like Sunday. Red down Orage jacket, black pants, LBF's with Freerides if it's (moderately) deep.
    Yeah, so since we haven't had some turns together in a long bit, give me a call, I was planning on going up with its a 12 plus day.
    "Is it necessary to disdain the affluent Escalade driver in the ski area parking lot just because he never threw caution to the wind and gave up work, meat, and let his hair grow in the surreal international sojourn of powder skiing and self-actualiztion?"

WELL OF COURSE, thats why I am me and you aren't

Re: cough! cough!!

Originally posted by el_jefe

I may be sick too...not sure yet. if so I'll hit the Basin but my car is dead so may have to sip and serve off another ride.
    "Oh yeah...and she gave me her number too!"

I have an extra probe for you, too, Nate. Not sure where I'll be this weekend, was supposed to go on a trip but it's looking like my plans are unraveling.

Everybody that needs a Loveland comp for Saturday please pm me with your real name and I'll tell you the secret hiding place.

I'd be up for doing Loveland Pass first thing tomorrow morning and then heading over to A Basin. Beavers could be very nice. And the east wall. Oooh, I'm getting psyched.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Originally posted by SheRa

I'd be up for doing Loveland Pass first thing tomorrow morning and then heading over to A Basin. Beavers could be very nice. And the east wall. Oooh, I'm getting psyched.
    Mir,

I'm down for some early morning LP runs tomorrow morning. I have to leave by 10 AM for work though.

Originally posted by iskibc
    Mir,

I'm down for some early morning LP runs tomorrow morning. I have to leave by 10 AM for work though.
    Let's do it. What time does the sun come up? Should we meet at the bottom pullout and take one car up?

I am feeling a lot of Colorado love around here right now. Very nice. Figures somebody had to come from Kirkwood to make it happen.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Originally posted by SheRa
    Let's do it. What time does the sun come up? Should we meet at the bottom pullout and take one car up?

I am feeling a lot of Colorado love around here right now. Very nice. Figures somebody had to come from Kirkwood to make it happen.
    I'm thinking 6 AM at the lower turnout. Ok with you? I'm hoping they don't shut down the pass before then though.

I'd like to propose 24hrs of silence in this thread out of respect for the impending storm.

Thank you

Originally posted by Foggy_Goggles
    I'd like to propose 24hrs of silence in this thread out of respect for the impending storm.

Thank you
    sounds good, but I'm still going skiing tomorrow no matter what we get for snow....just so you know

Originally posted by iskibc
    I'm thinking 6 AM at the lower turnout. Ok with you? I'm hoping they don't shut down the pass before then though.
    Sounds fine - I WILL NOT BE LATE.

If the road is closed we could just get some turns at Loveland. Do you know how to get into Loveland if they won't let you get onto 6? I think you pull off I-70 where the hazmats go. Then park and walk through the tunnel. Somebody give better details if they have them, please. So as a backup we could meet in the Loveland Basin lodge.

billow - I hope you'll join us for this.

edit - don't they start blasting the sisters, etc. at around 6:30? We should be able to slide into the Loveland lot even if we can't get up the pass. Not sure though.
    Last edited by SheRa; 04-22-2004 at 10:52 AM.
    Henry David Thoreau

Thumbs up

I will definitely be up @ LP by 7:00 am if we get anything over 8 or 9"

Originally posted by board
    I will definitely be up @ LP by 7:00 am if we get anything over 8 or 9"
    Nice! It's starting to sounds like a shuttle...
    Henry David Thoreau

Actually She-Ra I'm hoping we have enough traffic that we don't need to shuttle.

report from A-Basin this morning

website says 2" fallen, felt about right. both the East wall and the North Pole were open, no staircases though. I think I was the third down the wider (farther) section of the North Pole, but one of the tracks had already disappeared (a bit of good 'ole A-Basin wind). The snow was very variable there with lots of rocks hiding just under the surface. I almost ate it at the top, top-middle, bottom-middle, bottom...etc I felt like a complete gaper. The snow would go from nice smooth and even, to reaally hard, to thick windblown that would throw you forward. My tracks looked horribly irregular. For my last run I followed the eastwall traverse out past the point of no return to ski that one section that's always nice. Again, third person to ski it. The snow over there was very very nice. It was a consistent texture, smooth as a baby's bottom and soft as velvet.

Overall, glad I made it up there and excited for this weekend.
    Math illiteracy affects 7 out of every 5 people.

these storms with easterly wind component are great.... it's always exciting to check the weather forecast, see that "one to two feet of snow accumulation is expected" and then head on down to the hill to see that three or four inches fell. I'd really like to believe this will be a good storm but my guess is that once again, only the east side of the divide is going to get pummeled.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Lone Star
    these storms with easterly wind component are great...only the east side of the divide is going to get pummeled.
    It's called upslope, rookie.

Eldora's favorite word.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

Late-spring upslope dumps mean only one thing: Don't park under the oak tree in front of my house.

...all a matter of perspective...it'd be called downslope by anyone residing in Summit or Grand counties. And though these storms sometimes produce some good snow just west of the divide, quite often we're left high and dry. seems a bit rash, the way this season has been going, to expect this storm to be any different than the last few that pummeled Eldora but left the skies sunny and bright just a few miles west of the divide ridgeline...

edit: i'm just an idiot texan
    Last edited by Lone Star; 04-22-2004 at 03:38 PM.

...all a matter of perspective...it'd be called downslope by anyone residing in Summit or Grand counties. And though these storms sometimes produce some good snow just west of the divide, quite often we're left high and dry. seems a bit rash, the way this season has been going, to expect this storm to be any different than the last few that pummeled Eldora but left the skies sunny and bright just a few miles east of the divide ridgeline...
    What side of the rabbit hole are you on?
    A lot of people earn their turns. Some just get bigger checks.

...all a matter of perspective...it'd be called downslope by anyone residing in Summit or Grand counties. And though these storms sometimes produce some good snow just west of the divide, quite often we're left high and dry. seems a bit rash, the way this season has been going, to expect this storm to be any different than the last few that pummeled Eldora but left the skies sunny and bright just a few miles west of the divide ridgeline...

edit: i'm just an idiot texan
    It is still an upslope regardless of where you are standing. If you're standing in the west and the wind blows from the east it is still blowing up the slope, get it? Also, there are some choice locations in Grand County where you can ski ON the divide. WP is closed so....gotta earn your turns.

Lets all hope for a great day at Loveland as I am getting kind of tired of the drive to Utah!!! As we all know we are all very over due for a nice deep day in Colorado!!!
    Sleep well tonight with lots of dreams untill tomarrow.
    See ya at chair 1