..shimming the Dukes!...Y/N?

Need help from any of the Binding-Knowledgeable,
    Anyone have a definitive answer why the Dukes can't be shimmed(high side out..) 1.5deg on one ski...granted a pretty non-threatening issue in alignment, but it would make it easier since I'm enjoying the modding-job(fit) I've done on my Garmont Endorphins. Anyone who's seen the alpine soles in person can see that there isn't much depth to plane, although I haven't measured it out...there may indeed be enough material there for the 1-1.5deg shave....but would like to keep the soles(both alpine & vibram) as flat as possible for any walking/climbing.
    Dukes are on their way to me....seems like shimming the binding towards the outside would do the job if it won't mess anything performance-related up...

thanks...

If you want flat for walking/climbing, wouldnt you want flat for skinning? Seems like shimming them would make them feel funky when skinning, especially on something steeep.
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

...New England terrain

I'm not worrying about that Professor. I'd like to keep the flat soles. ..but the Garmont Endorphin screw-in alpine soles are only so deep...just barely allow me to plane the 1.5deg on my right boot while probably making a couple screws more exposed...as the plane angle will be right to the top of a couple screws, that's why shimming the binding will be the better option...my $.01.
    What feels funky to the Nth-degree to me is the constant tipping to the little toe to stay flat with the ski...

My God it's been 2-3yrs since we've had a good snowstorm before New Years up here in Maine... biggrin:
    Last edited by steved; 12-03-2007 at 06:41 PM.