I feel like hell

Okay, I did about 31 miles today, and it took me over 2h20 min to complete- for an average speed of just over 13 mph. I can't believe how out of shape I am right now. I just kept thinking of the part of Lance's book where he went out for a ride and got passed by a group of Freds. Hopefully my fitness will come, I just gotta keep on riding. But my legs are giving me greif right now.
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

Thumbs up Re: I feel like hell

Originally posted by Plakespear
    Hopefully my fitness will come, I just gotta keep on riding.
    Yes it will and yes you do.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

its early season and you just got done kicking cancer's ass, so give yourself some time to recover and get back out there. Lance's book is good inspiration.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Quit crying you pussy!

Keep at it, the season just started.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.