Another District Review: this time BC

ME: 185 5'11" Aggressive tele (favorite tele ski sickbirds in 185)

conditions: berthoud early season(11/25), blown in powder, wind pack and avy bed

Skinning = awesome with 7tm power tour. These are light for their size.

These skis really come into there own when it gets soft. They charge hard and become very stable. They switch up easy between turn radi, and are tons of fun. But, they don't deal with hard pack well. My last BC skis(jack BC totem's 180, 97 at waist) dealt with stuff like that better. Even alpine turns weren't confidence inspiring on 40 degree hard as rock avy bed. But then again my mental may have been a little off at that point too. The swing weight was nice and I could get them around easy for there size but edge hold didn't seem there. They were more about controlled skid than carve. These seem like a great condition specific ski, but also like they could land you in trouble if your off your game and need your skis to step up to the plate. Also, as i said before the top sheet durability has me a little worried.

Overall, I think the jury is still out for me. Aas I get back on my game for the season and have more than 5 days under my belt we'll see how I feel. They will be tons of fun when the snow is soft in any way , but maybe i was hoping for more.

so,

had them out BC in N. Routt this weekend. The snow was deep but very slow. Also cracking and woomphing were the norm so I didn't get to hit the bowl I wanted to ski and stuck with low angle trees. I was very glad for the amount of float these had. What would have been a struggle to turn and have fun was made a blast by these planks. They act like much shorter boards in tight trees and are just generally fun. this was not a good test of how they handle speed. Over all I'm liking them more and more...

Good to know. Thanks for the write up!

So is an aggressive tele-er like an angry hippy? Just curious.

^^^^Do I look like a hippy????

Appreciate the feedback on the Ds, Tele'ndaboat. Your candid reviews help us for next year's fleet.
    Shane
    bluehouseskis.com

Had them up on the mountain saturday. These are not my favorite in mixed on piste conditions. partly I think the binding was an issue. In tele turns I couldn't get my rear ski to hook up in bumps and ice. Through me off quite a bit on stuff i normally would have no issues with. Once again, find the soft stuff and these shine. But tight trees that are on there way to being skied out were a little scary. They may be a real quiver ski for me. coming out on big days in the backcountry and hut trips during good snow times. I would be nervous to take these ski mountaineering or into the backcountry on days I might hit icy conditions. My Melees deal with crappy on-piste stuff better despite their width at the waist and RC, but I'm not going to be skinning with them.