Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Junkie View Post
    What's your impression of the differences between the Koven and Koven Plus? I know the Koven+ has some new jooky fabric, but besides that it's hard to tell from the catalog.
    I compared the two on the website. It seems if you click on the materials/fabrics tab the Koven shows Clodburst 3c, and is your basic shell, while the Plus has 2 other high tec sounding materials in the mix. The net result is the Plus is supposed to breathe way more.

I personally dunno bout that.

The plus does have a powder skirt while the Koven does not. Its just more bomber in general I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by givebackbloom View Post
    Does anyone know how good their baselayer stuff is?
    I can attest to their "run dont walk" base layer stuff. Its great; comfortable, warm and the Run Dont Walk boxers are a must. Most of the time they are all i wear under ski pants.

Quote Originally Posted by pmcgrath View Post
    I’ve received an order confirmation, but has anyone received a shipping confirmation?
    received shipping confirmation this morning.
    Old's Cool.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    received the goods this morning.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

so for a short dude?

Quote Originally Posted by davieboot View Post
    I tried on both the Koven and Koven plus recently. I'm 5'10 and 155. The medium fit the way it was supposed to, but I like stuff a little bit baggy, and the large was perfect for that. The mediums were just a little too short, I thought.
    I'm guessing the medium would be perfect. any short dudes that wear the koven jacket that can confirm?

now the only ? is red or covert...which looks a little members only to me. gotta be patrol red i guess.
    Daddy never sleeps at night...

I held off for 4 days whole days. I thought I was in the clear. My credit card hates me.

My package arrived this morning. Again, gracias for the coupon code senor gomez.

damn, cloudveil has some fast shipping, nice. MUST NOT BUY ANOTHER DOWN JACKET...

I can't hold off too much longer...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChief View Post
    I can't hold off too much longer...
    I had almost $700 racked up last night. My will is getting weaker...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Should we be forming a support group here? I've held out so far ... Inversion down calling my name ... I keep telling myself "no, I'll get an MHW Phantom Down" to lure me away from this deal even though I secretly hope that I don't buy any more gear until after New Year's ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I should've asked not to be paid this week. That really did me in.

ive held off thus far as well, i don't need any more jackets or pants, but knowing that i have such a money code at my disposal is killing me....

but the inversion down is real nice schralph although i shouldn't be telling you that

There are so many things wrong with that jacket man, like how it packs into the size of a Nalgene bottle. Why not pack down to the size of a tampon? I'm not getting a down jacket until I can pack it down to the size of a tampon, and when it's 46% off ....

grrrr I just checked and the ADDED MORE COLORS ON THE DOWN!!!!

crap crap crap hide the credit cards now ....

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

don't worry guys, I'll sell you the extras I bought in a couple weeks for %20 off retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Junkie View Post
    What's your impression of the differences between the Koven and Koven Plus? I know the Koven+ has some new jooky fabric, but besides that it's hard to tell from the catalog.

The fit was almost identical. The Plus has more features, such as a powder skirt. It also has this stretchy material across the shoulders that is supposed to become more waterproof or more breathable depending on the temperature (both inside and out.)

Also, the Plus has some extra fleecy, wicking material against your back. It is supposed to keep you warmer when you are sitting on the lift, but also keep you drier when you are wearing a pack. Who knows. I do know the Plus is $100 bucks more... but with 45% off... well, you know. I think I'm getting the Plus.

Stuff in route. Not a direct quote from UPS but you get it.

i don't think the code is working any more!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

OK just read the rest of the tr. I wanted to get my wife some pants for x-mas, damn!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    i don't think the code is working any more!!
    Wow. I sat on my order for a few days - but so glad I placed it earlier today.

Yep. Linky no worky. Snooze and looze.
    . . .

holy crap

i just had dinner with my family and the code is indeed dead. can't believe it...went back to order a nice red koven in medium and just waited to long. chistalmighty. that sucks.
    Daddy never sleeps at night...

RIP

Code is gonzo!!

Muy buenisimo Gomez, you r the best. Hasta luego!

I treid them both on last week. If you have a desk job and the spare tire is a little bigger than you want the Koven Plus does not fit, at least me. It fit in the legs and ass fine, but the waist was like a garter belt. I got the Koven and they are awesome. Im fat.

Quote Originally Posted by davieboot View Post
    The fit was almost identical. The Plus has more features, such as a powder skirt. It also has this stretchy material across the shoulders that is supposed to become more waterproof or more breathable depending on the temperature (both inside and out.)

Also, the Plus has some extra fleecy, wicking material against your back. It is supposed to keep you warmer when you are sitting on the lift, but also keep you drier when you are wearing a pack. Who knows. I do know the Plus is $100 bucks more... but with 45% off... well, you know. I think I'm getting the Plus.

The coupon code expired yesterday (Nov 30).

A Cloudveil representative told me today (Dec 1) that there will be a new friends and family promotional code distributed next week. If someone receives the new code, would you please post it? Graci.

Cloudveil's purchase and shipping is very efficient. My order placed yesterday afternoon (Pacific) is already on it's way to me from the East coast. Woot.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckh View Post
    The coupon code expired yesterday (Nov 30).
    FUUUUUUCCKKKK!!!!
    Gravity. It's the law.