Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Colorado Restaurant Compendium

Since this gets endlessly hashed out, we should just have a compendium for Colorado restaurants:

I'd like to include the other major threads dealing with this so as somebody finds them please post them.

Please help me out by following the below template, your recommendation will not make it into the compendium unless it is in the format or I know and like the place enough to put it in the format:

Name (with embedded website if available) - $ rating - Type
    Addresss Phone
    Short Review

Regarding the above items:
    Dollar Scale = $ 5-10/main, $$11-20/main, $$$21-35/main, $$$$36+/main
    Food Type/Ethnicity (eg: New American, French, Thai, etc...)
    A short review (which I will edit and plagiarize - for brevity, content and truthiness)
    Must Haves/Must Avoids/Misc. Warnings (such as - no liquor license or the garlic chocolate prawns are disgusting)

Ground rules:
    NO CHAINS. I'll probably let local/regional only chains fly, like say Illegal Pete's (just to pick an obvious example) but I'm not gonna let something like Maggiano's fly. It's not an exact science but I don't think anybody really needs to hear how great you think the Awesome Blossom at Chilie's is.

If there is some kind of dispute over the quality of some place I'll probably put up a simple good/bad voting deal, eg: 3 good 4 bad (1 deathly ill). And if it's just feeble then I'm gonna keep it out altogether.

It doesn't have to be the Best EVER restaurant to be something you'd recommend, in fact I would like for the thing to be heavy with the little corner places that serve just really good food for a really fair price, so go ahead and name the best mexican place you ever went but I also want the mex place you always go to b/c it is close and it is good.

IMO you should probably have visited a place at least twice before giving it the recco.

Other TGR Discussions
    Thai food in Denver/Boulder
    Chinese food in Denver
    Boulder Restaurants
    More Denver/Boulder Recs
    Vegetarian Recs
    Restaurants With A View
    "New" Mexican
    Denver Mexican
    D-town BBQ
    Vail Sucks - Def Jef Classic plus plenty of bbq talk
    Breakfast
    Denveradoans
    Cool/Hip places to eat lunch in Denver

Denver

Upscale Dining

Le Central - $$ - French
    112 E. 8th Ave. Denver 303-863-8094
    Pretty much the Denver standard for the upscale dining category since…forever. Good quality food for a good quality price. The menu often changes but the food is consistently good although with all the menu changes there is the odd dud. The mussels w/ bottomless fries for nine bucks is possibly the best deal in the City for food. Be aware that the appetizers are typically sized for a couple to split. Reservations recommended Thurs-Sun.

Duo - $$-$$$ - New American
    2413 W. 32nd Ave. (at Zuni) Denver 303-477-4141
    Duo has good food and a nice if a little loud dining room. The arugala salad with bacon dressing can be sublime. Menu changes ~quarterly.

Table 6 - $$-$$$ - New American
    609 Corona St. Denver 303-831-8800
    Pretty new D-town restaurant, Table 6 brings the goods with a wide variety of interesting and delicious dishes. The menu does change although I don't know how frequently. On the appetizer front the pot of foie and lamb reuben sliders are delicious although, the appetizers here are definitely sized for a couple to split. Reservations only accepted for 6 or more and you'll need them for that many people.

Chinook Tavern - $$$ - German/Continental
    265 Detroit Street Denver 303-394-0044
    Great atmosphere, live music (classical guitar), service is usually some of the best but varies slightly based on your server and evening. The Matire'd can be a bit snooty and presumptuous but has a fun side to him and interesting sense of humor. If you like meat you will like this place. Notable wine list. Also very accomodating to special requests. They also have 14$ bottles of wine which are actually great. (small step up from "table wine")
    Dont miss:
    Appetizer - Mouco colo Rouge and Homemade Mozzerella
    Entre - Anything that is lamb, venison, or duck. Schnitzel is just "eh".
    Sides – Red cabbage. Yes. Red Cabbage.
    Dessert - Tired of creme brule, go for the Route Groutze (sp?)

Cafe Berlin - $$ - German
    323 14th Street, Denver 303-377-5896
    Three reasons to love Café Berlin: you can order beer by the liter, schnitzel, and the proprietress. Shes got such a unique personality and is always happy and welcoming and joking with you. Appetizer wise, go with the Kaserplaten (cheese plate). For dinner, if you order anything other than plain Schnitzel with onions, Rouladen, or the a la Holstein, youre f'in it up. Some of their other schnitzels are good too, keep it simple. Its german food. Oh, and their dumplings rock.

Andre's - $ - Swiss
    370 S Garfield St Denver 303.322.8871
    Some of you probably won't like this because everyday it has a different set menu with 2 options. Generally speaking you have your choice of soup or salad, 2 entres, and a selection of 4'ish desserts. The portions are small, but the food is really very good…and if you’re still hungry, there is a Bakery adjoined to the dining area. Fun Swiss diner type atmosphere and really kickass desserts....its swiss afterall yea? Parking can be shitty because lots of old ladies like to go here in their cadillacs & SUVs. Lunch Only

Sansone’s Bistro - $$$ - Continental Bistro
    5969 S University Blvd
    Greenwood Village CO 80121
    Ph: 303-794-4026
    Rule number 1: get the soufflé. Best in Denver easily. Their schnitzels are the schitzzizzle (sorry, I mean they’re good, real good). Sansone’s is a pretty small cozy place that has good food for pretty decent prices.

Sparrow - $$$-$$$$ - Contemorary American Bistro with flavors of Southern Europe
    410 E. 7th Avenue (7th and Logan), Denver, CO
    Great place to take a date. Elegant and romantic with great food. [need more review]
    Last edited by lemon boy; 04-14-2008 at 12:05 PM.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Italian

NoRTH - $$$-$$$$ - Modern Italian
    190 Clayton Lane (Second and Clayton in Cherrry Creek), Denver, CO

The bruschetta is really good [need more review]

Japanese/Sushi

Oshima Ramen - $ - Japanese/Ramen
    7400 E Hampden Ave Denver (720) 482-0264
    Oshima rocks, after you’ve been here you’ll never again be able to happily eat the 10/$1 packs of store bought ramen noodles. Don’t forget to order the gyoza.

Japon - $$-$$$ - Japanese
    1028 S. Gaylord (Washington Park), Denver, CO
    I love the design of the restaurant. Great Alternative to the crowded Sushi Den. [need more review]

Sushi Den - $$-$$$ - Japanese/Sushi
    1487 S. Pearl St. Denver, CO – 303.777.0826
    Yes, it is expensive. Yes, it is full of retardedly self absorbed hipsters. Yes, the décor is obnoxiously uber-flash. Yes, the fish is really damn good. This is the gold standard of D-town sushi.

Domo - $$-$$$ - Country Japanese/Sushi
    1365 Osage Street Denver, Colorado 80204 - 303-595-3666
    Domo is a little spendy but the food is simply excellent. Sort of rustic Japanese dishes and some sushi thrown in for good measure. They also have a beautiful garden.

Chinese

Lao Wang Noodle House - Chinese - $
    945 S Federal Blvd Ste D Denver 303-975-2497
    Lao Wang serves up a kind of hearty Chinese food that you won't often find in the US, simple stuff prepared with a really clear vision. You won't find any sweet and sour chicken here. Highlights are anything on the front side of the menu. The steamed dumplings (Xao Long Bo - sp?) [go ahead and put a little black vinegar on them], and beef noodle soup (the hot is pretty damn hot) are great. The appetizer list is chock a block full of interesting little tidbits, all are good but the best are: spicy tripe, 5 spice beef, spicy cabbage and tofu jerky. Mr. Wang will come out and set you straight if you are not serving his dishes correctly. This is a tiny place in a tiny strip mall and they have no liquor license.

Other Asian (Thai/Vietnamese Etc…)

Wild Ginger - $$ - Thai
    399 W Littleton Blvd Littleton (303) 794-1115
    Recently renovated with a more modern entrance and lightning. Great food, never had anything bad. Dont miss the Tom Kah Gai Soup, Gaeeng Paa (Jungle Curry), and Thai iced tea. Hot MEANS HOT. Seriously.

Wokano - $-$$ - Asian Bistro
    11th and Ogden, Denver, CO
    Small restaurant with good inexpensive asian food. The Hot and Sour Soup and the Hoison Exploding Beef is good.

Mexican

Las Delicias - $ - Mexican
    4 metro locations
    You can eat a dinner for 2 here for 10$ (no drinks). Nothing here is extra-ordinary, but the red chili, enchiladas, and rellenos are solid. Flan is mediocre, sopapillas look great.

Mi Cocina Express - $ - Mexican
    137 W County Line Rd Littleton (303) 795-3552
    Irregular hours…but…if you can catch them open, you will enjoy super good mexican at super cheap. Don't expect ANY atmosphere though, its a hole in a strip mall. Get the Rellenos in their green chili which is AWESOME. They have vegetarian chili for those that care.

Los Portales - $-$$ - Mexican
    3483 South Logan Street Englewood, co 80113-2629 Phone: (303) 789-6092
    Los Portales is a pretty normal little strip mall Mexican place. They have really good food though. Don’t bother with the burritos or any of your normal Americanized items: Tetamado, Albondingas, any of the seafood etc…Go, eat, be happy.

Zengo - $$$-$$$$ - Latin/Asian Fusion
    1610 Little Raven, Denver, CO
    [Need Review]

South American/Central American

Los Cabos II - $$ - Peruvian
    1525 Champa St. Denver (303) 595-3232
    Free validated parking in the lot right next to the restaurant. Don't be shy of the hole in the wall appearance because you're greeted by a friendly llama. Peruvian food is a unique natural cultural "fusion" of sorts between french, italian, chinese, vietnamese, indian, and indian (native). Expect anything from chix parmesan, beef lo mein, to more traditional things which you MUST order for the 1st time such as Lomo Saltado and Seco de Cordero. Be sure to order a Pisco Sour or a Chicha Morada to drink (or a local Peruvian beer).

Limon - $$-$$$ - Peruvian
    1618 E. 17th Avenue, Denver, CO
    Simple and elegant style. The Anticucho de pollo appetizer is very good.

Buenos Aires Grill - $$ - Argentine
    2191 Arapahoe Street, Denver 303.296.6709
    Go here on Thursday evenings for live flamenco and music. If you dont like meat, dont go here, cause thats what they have. You really can't go wrong with anything beef related that is grilled. Thats what they do. Good wine list and fun atmosphere (espc thursdays)
    Looks like they also have live music again on Fridays. The proprietors are always there, making rounds, greeting your and thanking you for coming.

AJI - $$$-$$$$ - Latin American
    1601 Pearl Street, Boulder, CO
    One of the best restaurants I've been to. [need more review]
    Last edited by lemon boy; 04-14-2008 at 03:47 PM.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Middle Eastern/Greek/Mediteranian Etc…

Damascus Grill - $-$$ - Medeteranian/Middle Eastern/Greek
    1399 W. Littleton Blvd Littleton 303-797-6666
    Simple cafe style atmosphere, really friendly service, and great food all around. Dont miss the homemade pita and hummus, lentil soup, and rose water or saffron puddings. Worth noting is that the sandwiches, which are half the price, are pretty much the same as the entres but served in a pita. One entree is MORE than enough for 2 people.

BBQ

Brickyard BBQ - $ - BBQ
    Littleton - Broadway & Countyline (right off 470) (addy unknown) and at 4243 W. 38th Avenue Denver 303.561.4875
    Very consistent and very good. Their burnt ends kickass and their steak fries are among the best. Nobody knows how but they just really are awesome. 1 order of fries is enough for 2 people. The pork is a bit sub par, especially the “pulled pork.” The brisket though is mighty fine.

[url=http://www.mdsfoodproducts.com/]M&D’s BBQ[url] $ - $$ - BBQ
    2000 East 28th | Denver, Colorado 80205 | Tel: 303.296.1760
    Best BBQ in Denver, period, end of story. Fair warning: the hot sauce is HOT, get that stuff on the side. At a place like M&D’s where everything is so amazing it’s hard to pick one standout item but it’s gotta be the hot links IMO. If you like hot links, you will love these.

Breakfast/Delis

Lucilles, $, cajun, breakfast/lunch only
    Numerous locations (Boulder, Denver, Longmont, Ft Collins, Steamboat).
    Great breakfasts. Biscuits are out of this world, especially with the homemade strawberry rhubarb jam. Beignets are good too. Great hollandaise sauce. Huge portions.

American Food

Nono's Cafe - $-$$ - Creole\Cajun\Homey type foods
    3005 W. County Line Road, Littleton, Colorado 303-738-8330

Pretty decent southern/Cajun style food. Service can be a little slow and some items are not spot on but it’s generally easy to get a good meal for a good price.

Summit County

Keystone Ranch - $$$$ - New American
    Keystone 800-354-4FUN
    The Ranch serves up consistently fine meals. While the $90 fixed price menu might come as a shock to the system, it is not quite so bad when you consider that it is a 6 course meal. The menu changes seasonally but one thing that's always there and always good is the soufflé. The menu is heavy with wild game selections. During spring and fall mud seasons, keep an eye out for 2 for 1 meal deals.

Himalayan Cuisine - $$ - Indian/Nepali
    409 Main Street, #109, Frisco, CO
    (970) 668-3330

Owned by the same folks who run the Indian place in Aspen. The food is simply excellent! Having been born and brought up in the Indian subcontinent, I like to think I know a teeny bit about curries, and this place has some of the best I've had anywhere. My favorite is the sheekh kabab (ground lamb) -- in my top 2 sheekh kababs I've ever had. Dishes are spicy, but unlike many Indian restaurants, spicy doesn't mean just loaded with chilies. Lots of options from red meat, chicken, fish, to vegetarian.

There's also a cheap lunch buffet ($7.95, Mon-Sat only) with a pretty decent selection (usually 3 meat + 3 vegetarian choices), although it's toned down a bit (read: not as tasty as their dinner/menu items).

One word of warning: a lot of their wait-staff is from S. America (at least this winter) who are not all necessarily very familiar with the dishes. It may be a good idea to double-check to make sure they got your order down correctly. Service is good though.

Boulder

Zolo Grill, $$, upscale southwestern cuisine
    2525 Arapahoe Ave, Boulder, 303-449-0444
    Always good eats, the enchiladas are great (smoked gouda kills it!), lots of food for the price. Good margs. Good guac.

The Med, $-$$, Mediterranean cuisine
    1002 Walnut St, Boulder 303-444-5335
    Great tapas menu, can eat a great dinner just from it. Good pizzas. Nice bar area. Outdoor atrium/patio. Great date place, not too expensive but is classy. Very hot waitresses and hostesses.

Lucilles, $, cajun, breakfast/lunch only
    Numerous locations (Boulder, Denver, Longmont, Ft Collins, Steamboat).
    Great breakfasts. Biscuits are out of this world, especially with the homemade strawberry rhubarb jam. Beignets are good too. Great hollandaise sauce. Huge portions.

Chez Thuy, $-$$, Asian.
    2655 28th Street, Boulder. 303.442.1700.
    Huge menu, largest I have ever seen. Is techincally Vietnamese, but has most asian cuisines represented, almost all of it very good. Big fan of the pork/black bean hot pot. Service is good but somewhat brusque.

Saxy's Cafe, $, paninis and salads, coffee, no web site
    2018 10th St (just off Pearl), Boulder, (303) 786-8585.
    Basically a hipster coffee shop. To be honest, I have never had their coffee (pretty expensive). But their paninis and salads kick ass. Also kind of pricey ($7.95 for panini, $8.95 for salad) but the sammys are pretty big and come with a small side salad, so it is actually a pretty good deal. The best are the Tacchino and the Salmone Fume. Very gourmet sandwich food.

The Corner Bar, $-$$, upscale pub food
    corner of 13th and Spruce in the Hotel Boulderado, Boulder, (303) 442-4560.
    One of my favorite places in Boulder. Food is publike but a bit fancier, and always good (shares the kitchen with Q's, a really nice restaurant). Nice mellow atmosphere, almost always table space but also rarely empty. Because it's a "hotel bar" it's open on Christmas Day. Always have a beer of the day for $2, all day.
    Last edited by lemon boy; 03-03-2008 at 02:14 PM.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

holding three
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

holding four
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

holding five
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

I think 6 is enough, have at it.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

bump. 655321
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Thanks, LB. I don't know what to add really as all of my suggestions are tied up in these various threads.

Here are my suggestions, without much description (will add later):

Very nice, special meals:

975 on Lincoln between 9th and 10th
    Barolo Grill
    Sushi Sasa
    Del Frisco Double Eagle Steakhouse
    Cherry Creek Grill

Mexican:

La Cueva, Colfax and Dayton
    Taco De Mexico

Good, moderate eats
    Bang, 32nd and Lowell
    Deluxe, S. Broadway
    730 South, 730 S. University
    975 (if you just get the small plates)

Sushi:
    Japon, S. Gaylord
    Sushi Sasa, 15th and Platte

Deli:
    Zaidy's

Indian:
    Little India, 6th and Grant
    Last edited by Rontele; 11-28-2007 at 11:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Who is the female board member that was in Denver over the summer and she was looking for restaurant recommendations. i had all my recommendations in there. I can't find the thread.
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Yes please do, I'm looking for help centralizing the recs from the various other threads into this one and filling the recs out a bit. Obviously, I don't want every single possible restaurant mentioned in all those threads.

Also, feel free to simply compile a list of places from any of those threads that don't have much detail but that you believe are likely to make the central list and then they can go in here for somebody to flesh out.
    Last edited by lemon boy; 11-28-2007 at 03:04 PM.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero View Post
    Who is the female board member that was in Denver over the summer and she was looking for restaurant recommendations. i had all my recommendations in there. I can't find the thread.
    I remember that thread but have no idea. Might try searching on your name and one of the restaurants you know was in your post?
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy View Post
    I remember that thread but have no idea. Might try searching on your name and one of the restaurants you know was in your post?
    I searched for a while and still can't find that thread. If I knew her name i could search by "threads started by". I know she also posted a thread in the Padded Room about a shed her father built, but I can't find that either.

BZ recommendations:

Zengo - $$$-$$$$ - Latin/Asian Fusion
    1610 Little Raven, Denver, CO
    http://www.modernmexican.com/zengodenver/index.htm

NoRTH - $$$-$$$$ - Modern Italian
    190 Clayton Lane (Second and Clayton in Cherrry Creek), Denver, CO
    http://www.opentable.com/rest_profile.aspx?rid=4413
    The bruschetta is really good

Japon - $$-$$$ - Japanesse
    1028 S. Gaylord (Washington Park), Denver, CO
    http://www.japonsushi.com/
    I love the design of the restaurant. Great Alternative to the crowded Sushi Den.

AJI - $$$-$$$$ - Latin American
    1601 Pearl Street, Boulder, CO
    http://www.ajirestaurant.com/
    One of the best restaurants I've been to.

Tula - $$$-$$$$ - Modern Mexican
    250 Josephine Street (Cherry Creek), Denver, CO
    http://www.opentable.com/rest_profile.aspx?rid=6088
    My girlfriend enjoyed the seviche (I'm not much of a seviche fan)

Sparrow - $$$-$$$$ - Contemorary American Bistro with flavors of Southern Europe
    410 E. 7th Avenue (7th and Logan), Denver, CO
    http://www.sparrowdenver.com/
    Great place to take a date. Elegant and romantic with great food.

Wokano - $-$$ - Asian Bistro
    11th and Ogden, Denver, CO
    http://wokanoasianbistro.com/
    Small restaurant with good inexpensive asian food. The Hot and Sour Soup and the Hoison Exploding Beef is good.

Limon - $$-$$$ - Peruvian
    1618 E. 17th Avenue, Denver, CO
    http://www.limondenver.com
    Simple and elegant style. The Anticucho de pollo appetizer is very good.
    Last edited by Below Zero; 12-17-2007 at 11:54 AM.

I am here to help make this thread a sucess, nice work LB

Chinook Tavern - www.chinooktavern.com/
    Cherry Creek - Detroit @ 2nd 'ish
    Dollar Scale - $$$
    German Inspired International Fare

Great atmosphere, live music (classical guitar) everytime I have been there, service is usually some of the best Ive experienced, but varies slightly based on your server and evening. The head waiter, or whatever he is called, can be a bit snooty and presumptuous but has a fun side to him and interesting sense of humor.
    If you like meat you will like this place. Notable wine list. Also very accomodating to special requests.
    I requested a specific bottle of wine when making my reservation and wanted it decanted and on the table when we arrived and it was done. They also have 14$ bottles of wine which are actually great. (small step up from "table wine")

Dont miss the;

Damascus Grill - http://www.signaturedishesofcolorado...ascusgrill.htm
    Downton Littleton - Windemere & Littleton
    Dollar Scale - $ to $$
    Mediteranean - Middle Eastern - Greek
    Simple cafe style atmosphere, really friendly service, and great food all around. Ive never had anything bad here. Dont miss the homemade pita and hummus, lentil soup, and rose water or saffron puddings.
    Worth noting is that the sandwhiches which are half the price are pretty much the same as the entres but served in a pita. One entree is MORE than enough for 2 people....seriously. Im serious.

Wild Ginger - don’t know of a website
    Downtown Littleton - Broadway & Littleton
    Dollar Scale - $$
    Thai
    Recently renovated with a more modern entrance and lightning. Great food, never had anything bad.
    Rideski can probably comment more since he's been there 100+ times.
    Dont miss the Tom Kah Gai Soup, Gaeeng Paa (Jungle Curry), and Thai iced tea.
    Hot MEANS HOT. Seriously.

Las Delicias - dont know the website for this new location
    Littleton - Broadway & Arapahoe
    Dollar Scale - $
    Mexican
    Recently started going here, but I really do like it. You can eat a dinner for 2 here for 10$ (no drinks).
    Nothing here is extra-ordinary, but the red chili, enchiladas, and rellenos are solid.
    Im always a little irked though by mexican restaurants that charge you for chips after basket #1.
    Their flan is strictly mediocre however their sopapillas *looked* awesome. Have yet to try them.

Brickyard BBQ - http://www.brickyardbbq.com/
    Littleton - Broadway & Countyline (right off 470)
    Dollar Scale - $
    BBQ
    Been here a few times, and its been very consistent and very good.
    I dont do swine so i can’t comment on that, but their burnt ends kickass and their steak fries are among the best ive ever had. I dont know how, but they just really are awesome. 1 order of fries is enough for 2 people.

Mi Cocina Express - dont know website
    Littleton - Broadway & Countyline
    Dollar Scale - $
    Mexican
    Ive been here 3 times and I keep trying to go back, but theyre ALWAYS closed it seems.
    If you can catch them open, you will enjoy super good mexican at super cheap. dont expect ANY atmosphere though, its a hole in a strip mall. Get the Rellenos in their green chili which is AWESOME. They have vegetarian chili for those that care.

Los Cabos II - http://www.loscabosii.com/
    Downtown - Champa & 15th
    Dollar Scale - $$
    Peruvian
    Free validated parking in the lot right next to the restaurant. Dont be shy of the hole in the wall appearance because you're greeted by a friendly llama. Peruvian food is my new favorite cuisine that I discovered in my traveling to cali this past summer. Its a unique natural cultural "fusion" of sorts between french, italian, chinese, vietnamese, indian, and indian (native). Expect anything from chix parmesan, beef lo mein, to more traditional things which you MUST order for the 1st time such as Lomo Saltado and Seco de Cordero. Be sure to order a Pisco Sour or a Chicha Morada to drink (or a local Peruvian beer).

Buenos Aires Grill - http://www.denverargentinerestaurant...-in-denver.htm
    Downtown - Araphaoe & 22nd
    Dollar Scale - $$
    Argentine
    Go here on Thursday evenings for live flamenco and music. If you dont like meat, dont go here, cause thats what they have. Ive only had a limited number of things on the menu, but you really cant go wrong with anything beef related that is grilled. Thats what they do. Good wine list and fun atmosphere (espc thursdays)
    Looks like they also have live music again on Fridays. The proprietors are always there, making rounds, greeting your and thanking you for coming.

Cafe Berlin - www.cafeberlindenver.com
    Downtown - 14th & Stout
    Dollar Scale - $$
    German
    I love coming here for 3 reasons. You can order beer by the liter, schnitzel, and the proprietress. Shes got such a unique personality and is always happy and welcoming and joking with you. Appetizer wise, its not much, but I like the simplicity of their Kaserplaten (cheese plate). For dinner, if you order anything other than plain Schnitzel with onions, Rouladen, or the a la Holstein, youre f'in it up. Some of their other schnitzels are good too, keep it simple. Its german food. Oh, and their dumplings rock.

Andre's - i dont think they have a website
    Cherry Creek'ish - a little hard to find
    370 S Garfield St
    Denver, CO 80209-3122
    Dollar Scale - $ LUNCH ONLY - Prix Fixe Menu
    Swiss
    Some of you probably wont like this because everyday it has a different set menu with 2 options.
    Generally speaking you have your choice of soup or salad, 2 entres, and a selection of 4'ish desserts.
    I want to say its 7-8$. The portions are small, but the food is really very good…and if you’re still hungry, there is a Bakery adjoined to the dining area. Fun Swiss diner type atmosphere and really kickass desserts....its swiss afterall yea? PARKING CAN BE SHITTY because lots of old ladies like to go here in their cadillacs \ SUVs.
    Last edited by pechelman; 11-28-2007 at 02:35 PM.

oh
    and i like that this is in tech talk

Good call on Tula, BZ!

It was Valleygirl who wanted the rec'ds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

WTF is a Compendium? Great thread. I like the Hornet for bar fare. Sushi Den, Sushi Boat, and Sushi Tazu for sushi. Carmines on Penn, Brunos, Viaggios for Italian. Chinook Tavern for the meat. Highlands Cafe is probably my all favorite though, such a unique menu and great atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    It was Valleygirl who wanted the rec'ds.
    Not valleygirl, unless she deleted her threads. I searched in the main forum and the padded room.

Thanks you guys.

BZ - would you mind fleshing them out just a tiny bit and if you have a chance conforming the format (see below)? Thanks.

Pech- on the brickyard front, is this it: http://www.brickyardbbq.com/ ??? Cause that isn't in littleton….

Also, I edited down a couple of yours just a bit as an example for you and and everyone else, I'd like to try to even out the format for these more (you're the closest so far) and avoid a little bit of first person stuff given that it isn't really me. Tell me if this pisses you off somehow:

Chinook Tavern - $$$ - German/Continental
    265 Detroit Street Denver 303-394-0044
    Great atmosphere, live music (classical guitar), service is usually some of the best but varies slightly based on your server and evening. The Matire'd can be a bit snooty and presumptuous but has a fun side to him and interesting sense of humor. If you like meat you will like this place. Notable wine list. Also very accomodating to special requests. They also have 14$ bottles of wine which are actually great. (small step up from "table wine")
    Dont miss:

Damascus Grill - $-$$ - Medeteranian/Middle Eastern/Greek
    1399 W. Littleton Blvd Littleton 303-797-6666
    Simple cafe style atmosphere, really friendly service, and great food all around. Dont miss the homemade pita and hummus, lentil soup, and rose water or saffron puddings. Worth noting is that the sandwiches, which are half the price, are pretty much the same as the entres but served in a pita. One entree is MORE than enough for 2 people.

Wild Ginger - $$ - Thai
    399 W Littleton Blvd Littleton (303) 794-1115
    Recently renovated with a more modern entrance and lightning. Great food, never had anything bad. Dont miss the Tom Kah Gai Soup, Gaeeng Paa (Jungle Curry), and Thai iced tea. Hot MEANS HOT. Seriously.

Las Delicias - $ - Mexican
    4 metro locations
    You can eat a dinner for 2 here for 10$ (no drinks). Nothing here is extra-ordinary, but the red chili, enchiladas, and rellenos are solid. Flan is mediocre, sopapillas look great.

=================
    So basically for the format if you guys could put it into
    Name (with embedded website if available) - $ rating - Type
    Addresss Phone
    Review

Thankee.
    Last edited by lemon boy; 11-28-2007 at 02:32 PM.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

LB, I like it.
    Its definitely necessary to have one person editing them as you said

Also Im pretty sure on the brickyard thing.
    The inside is decorated identically from that pic on the website.
    Menu and Prices are also identical.
    Its a NEW location (as of like 8+ months ago) and they havent updated their website or there is some drama going on there.

gotcha, maybe they're too busy smoking meat. (all of yours so far are in)
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Telluride - La Marmotte. $$$ but they roast up some sweet duck tit.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Colorado Pizza Thread

The Colorado Pizza Thread is a good one

http://tetongravity.com/forums/showt...ighlight=pizza
    Ride Fast, Live slow.

We're mountain people. This is what we do, this is how we live. -D.C.

Sushi - Go Fish around the 0 block of Broadway. Pretty new, the ahi is awesome, and they pull out a little "the chef was playing around and would like for you to try this" once or twice a visit. Nice touch, or they're trying really hard. Feels like it should be more $$ than it is.
    The killer awoke before dawn.
    He put his boots on.