Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    out of respect for FOBP and the folks who ski there every day, i can't tell you to go ski there without a beacon. if you have a half day, just drive up to loveland & get a half day pass. the ski area is only another 20-30 past empire (i have an old jeep it's slow) and a half day pass isn't much $. then drive back east on 70, stop in georgetown at the red lady for a beer and burger, and roll into WP fat & happy.

Yea i hear you. I don't want to be an idiot about it. I'm pretty confident in my skiing abililty but I realize it's a whole new game in the BC. Thanks for the input.

what are your arrival dates again ?
    Top of the Food Chain for White Trash America

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I was at Untamed yesterday for their brunch buffet, really good food and the fresh beer was tasty, especially the porter. I normally go to the Crooked Creek and have a fun time there, especially since it is crawling distance from my condo. I'll second Merisol, great burritos and tacos, plus very cheap. Deno's is good, but can be expensive. If you eat there, ask for the pub menu if it is available, otherwise the dining room menu can be pricey. Not a fan of the pub ever since Mike sold his portion and took off for Denver.

and unless we get a significant amount of snow soon, don't bother w/ berthoud, coverage is very thin. hell, I wouldn't even bother w/ the resort for their 3 lousy runs that are open right now. They didn't let the snow set before spreading it out so it really icy in most spots.

Oh i'm headed out in early March. Looking forward to hittin MJ. Is that high speed 6 pack going to open by then? Also, how much of a hike is it from the top of Parsenn to the south headwall? Looks like it's pretty flat to slight downhill on the terrain map.

you should stop in for a half day at loveland in march. hopefully we will have the ocho & nine open by then.
    Top of the Food Chain for White Trash America

sounds like a plan. I'll talk to my buddy about hittin loveland. I want to hit it anyway after everything I've heard on TGR abou it.

The new 6 pack is ready to go, in fact, w/ about another two feet of snow, it could probably be opened since they used a tree chipper to chip all the trees rather than remove them. They then spread all the chippings on the new trails covering must of the rocks and other natural obstacles. Only thing is to get back there all the trails require natural snowfall as there is no snowmaking on that side of Jane. As for the the cirque, it is for the most part, a flat walk to get there, in the area of 25-30 minutes depending on how far you want to go, unless they are running sleds out that way offering tows.
    ....and michigan still sucks

The new 6 pack is ready to go, in fact, w/ about another two feet of snow, it could probably be opened since they used a tree chipper to chip all the trees rather than remove them. They then spread all the chippings on the new trails covering must of the rocks and other natural obstacles. Only thing is to get back there all the trails require natural snowfall as there is no snowmaking on that side of Jane. As for the the cirque, it is for the most part, a flat walk to get there, in the area of 25-30 minutes depending on how far you want to go, unless they are running sleds out that way offering tows.
    Thanks! Good to hear that lift is ready to roll. I plan to spend a fair amout of time on that side.

and unless we get a significant amount of snow soon, don't bother w/ berthoud, coverage is very thin. hell, I wouldn't even bother w/ the resort for their 3 lousy runs that are open right now. They didn't let the snow set before spreading it out so it really icy in most spots.
    Jones Pass, maybe?

just noticed you avatar/sig. Is it possible your locker is just a few doors down from mine?
    ya know, beer is far more than just the world's most perfect breakfast food.

Hernando's is my favorite, it has been said in here that it isnt a pub but make friends with the bartenders who are usually only pouring drinks for waitresses and you'll get a friend and some free drinks...before i am mocked because of my LA shit i have skied wp for 17 years before being forced out here, Hernando's is my vote

Quote Originally Posted by Tele'ndaboat View Post
    Merisol(I think that is what it is called)... Best cheep food in the valley. Basically really creative Taco's and yummy.
    second that. only mex place worth eating in the valley.
    Basecamp right next door has some great breakfast.
    Wagner Custom Skis
    Powder snow skiing is not fun. It’s life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality. What we experience in powder is the original human self, which lies deeply inside each of us, still undamaged in spite of what our present culture tries to do to us. Once experienced, this kind of living is recognized as the only way to live–fully aware of the earth and the sky and the gods and you, the mortal, playing among them. Dolores LaChapelle

Quote Originally Posted by icanseeformiles(andmiles) View Post
    Jones Pass, maybe?

just noticed you avatar/sig. Is it possible your locker is just a few doors down from mine?
    Jones Pass might be decent after the snowfall that is anticipated through Saturday. Only one way to find out and that might be on Monday for me.

very good chance that you have a locker just down from me, I've had the same locker for 3 or 4 seasons now.

ine
    Jones Pass might be decent after the snowfall that is anticipated through Saturday. Only one way to find out and that might be on Monday for me.

very good chance that you have a locker just down from me, I've had the same locker for 3 or 4 seasons now.
    mine's got the Jack Handy on the door.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Will be there Dec 1-8. Let's meet up for drinks and wrod turns.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

I'll be up there sometime on Saturday and staying through Monday night, I'd be in for some turns on the 3rd.

I'm working tomorrow through the 2nd, back on the 5th. Seems like lots of mags (and 'ettes) suddenly have valley locations. a beer nite while bklyn's in town could be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by icanseeformiles(andmiles) View Post
    I'm working tomorrow through the 2nd, back on the 5th. Seems like lots of mags (and 'ettes) suddenly have valley locations. a beer nite while bklyn's in town could be cool.
    I'd be in for drinks Monday night, I can drive back to Denver Tuesday am. I nominate the Crooked Creek Saloon since its w/i walking distance for me, but I'd be open to somewhere in WP since I could hitch a ride back to Fraser.

better re-define "work." I mean at WP when I say working. Back down in Boulder Mon and Tue, any other day works best for me. the Creek sounds just fine.

How does Thursday the 6th work for drinks? Then some wrod turns on Friday.

Any day is good for me, your schedules are less flexible than mine.
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

FYI, we dug a few pits near the top of the pass on Sunday and you're looking at a 4 inch slab on about 10 inches of sugar like snow. The wind has also blown a lot of snow off of the higher lines as compared to last weekend (Nov. 18th). We were surprised to find less coverage given that it had snowed and been cold most of the week. Found better conditions at Berthoud.

Crooked Creek rocks.

How does Thursday the 6th work for drinks? Then some wrod turns on Friday.
    sounds like a plan. Maybe I can backline on Friday.

Bump!
    Lots of chocolate chips in the cookie.
    Burgundy sweet helmet, bright blue langes, bros. Ask for change.

will look (and ask)

Me, bright yellow jacket (with ski school on back), being chased by 3 and 4 year olds, black helmet with bright yellow goggles.

I can meet up for a beer tomorrow night before FOBP. Anyone else? Untamed- I have a couple of dollar beer coins.

I'm game.
    Wagner Custom Skis
    Powder snow skiing is not fun. It’s life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality. What we experience in powder is the original human self, which lies deeply inside each of us, still undamaged in spite of what our present culture tries to do to us. Once experienced, this kind of living is recognized as the only way to live–fully aware of the earth and the sky and the gods and you, the mortal, playing among them. Dolores LaChapelle