Thread: bags?

bags?

not that kind...

i am trying to figure out what the best way to schlep gear commuting is. used my poacher today and my back and neck got good andd tweaked. i guess i'll get some of those ones that can go over the back tire? i hate to taint my ride with such gaperish accessories, but being able to ride 20-25 miles everyday would be schweet.

any info on gaper bags would be appreciated.
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

If you have a LOT of gear to schlep back and forth, then go with a daypack setup, otherwise consider a messenger bag.

Manhattan Bags makes a good one: http://www.manhattanportage.com/product_list.asp?code=1

So does Timbuk2:
    http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/catalog/c...2?categoryId=7
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

Panniers. They rock. Deuter makes some nice ones.

I've gotten away without backpack or paniers. Did the the first year with a cheap back pack and no bike cloths so looked like a homeless person on bike.

If you have to drive once a week or have spouse who works close to your work you can do what I do and only carry a frame bag enough for tube , small pump, tire wrench , extra gloves and a jacket. Once a week I do a dirty/clean cloths run by driving or through wife. So never have to carry on bike work cloths. Means that I have a dozen or so extra pairs of socks and under wear that I won't have otherwise. As long as you have a place to store your stuff at work it works pretty well.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

This thread is old. Times have changed. Pretty sure everybody rolls with just multi tool, a bottle of jack, melanzana hoodie and a polycro DIY tarp packed in the jersey. Bags?! Pfft.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!