Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Mt Bohemia frigin rules

Ok well it dosen't actually rule in the grand scheme but for Michigan, its pretty fuckin sweet. Do you ride there? We got a gang from Minneapolis and Duluth that owns that shiz a few times a season. If you are from MN WI hit us up for rides and cabins. If you are from South Dakota go fuck yourself, North is fine.

www.mtbohemia.com
    Last edited by bunny hearder; 11-20-2007 at 03:35 PM.

HEY! I ride there too!!

Don't forget sesson pass sale Dec. 8 one day only $99!!!!

Yeah I got it on my calender..

I'll be there this winter as well. If you go a weekend and have extra room in a cabin let me know. Both of the guys I usually go with won't be going much this year.

few hours down the road here, usually up there when it snows

Anyone going up there Dec 15th (tentative opening day)? My friends are out but I'm thinking about making the trip up, they have been getting a lot of snow lately.

i'm thinking of going but they usually BS the open date then push it back after the pass sale. it's rough out there right after opening but let me know if you decide to go.

Yeah they changed their opening date last year a few times. Although I did make it up there for it and it was GOOD. Thinking about maybe crashing in their "hostel" yurt for $20.

thinking about it, the rock boards need love too. I'll be up there for sure around the holidaze. coming up from WI

Quote Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
    If the weather keeps up you won't need rock boards....been skiing three days here in Houghton and last night was the first time I didn't hit anything.

Still refuse to buy a season pass to that place.....

So much other good skiing here.
    Really!? Man I had some huge pow days at Bohemia when I lived out there. Som pretty challenging terrain too.

Where else do you ski that beats it around there? All backcountry?

I heard that their passes were only ~$100 add on to Ripleys.....

Quote Originally Posted by Greguar View Post

Where else do you ski that beats it around there? All backcountry?
    Agate St

edit - and Justcuz you best not be messin with bunny hearder's(wtf is a hearder?) crew. They are straight GAN$TER, son!
    Last edited by rip; 12-04-2007 at 09:54 PM.

Let me know when you guys head out there. I'd like to meet some more Midwest mags and hit the hills there

Bohemia is a cool hill-more vert then anywhere, good terrain, and no grooming. If Lonnie wasn't in charge I would actually consider skiing there.

FUCK LONNIE LIEBERJEW. I esp like when you drive 7 hours to find out Lonnie took the snow report from calumet cause hey thats where the dominant band set up last night and that where Barb his head patrol lives and oh yeah boho only got 3 inches but it'll all even out...right? right. NOT to mention last years season snow fall total...WHAT A JOKE...you skied on maybe 40 of those inches. Uggg such a great place ruined by such a greedy little man...The article in skiing on the cat skiing at porkies is absolutely HILARIOUS...lonny musta been a real a-hole to the writer...a must read.

That said if I'm home for x-mas I'll be there cause where else can you ski knee deep blower in the midwest...well besides whitecap...which now that I think of it is much closer and Lonnie free...yeah F boho.
    Last edited by powderpig77; 12-06-2007 at 11:10 PM.

What am I missing? I've skied there since they opened in 2000? 01?? whenever it was that they started advertising. You just can't beat the $100 season pass. Ski there 2 weekends and its paid for itself... and you just can't get that terrain anywhere else in the midwest. The snow is hit or miss, but when you hit, it's fantastic. When you miss, better bring the rock sticks. I can't count the times I've been asked how far my skis were drug behind the car... they can get pretty tore up on a no-snow day.

The cabin's suck, but it's convenient having your stuff right on the hill. We usually stay up in Copper harbor.

Enlighten me, what's the deal with Lonnie? I've never had a problem with him... always been surprised that he can keep the hill open when aside from Mardi gras weekend, it's always pretty empty.

Yes, I'll be buying my pass tomorrow and will be there a bunch Jan to Mar.

The deal with Lonnie is mommy and daddy fund ski resort and bratty rich kid son sucks at running it. Barb was cool but she headed west, so I think that means Lonnies girlfriend is head of patrol You are right the resort is empty-not surprising since there really isn't any lodging, no bars/restaurants nearby and you have to pay to car camp. Also against mountain policy to skin up the hill (I know this issue is being discussed so I won't get into it here). It's just to bad such a cool place has such a shit vibe, I've skiied there on two different occasions and have no desire to go back even though it is only a couple hours away. Place has the potential to kick ass (only place in the midwest with the vert and terrain) just needs a maggot takeover or something. If you do head that way definitely plan on bringing food and alcohol you won't want to drive searching for that shit after skiing all day.

whoever runs the snow count on the website is one optimistic sonofabitch. lonnie once laughed because i ripped out my edge one opening day...i hate him

Oh Brizz you're just jealous

Last edited by rip; 12-10-2007 at 09:07 PM. Reason: more info..
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Link to story : SKINET :: I Schralped Everest
    The story is about The Porcupine Mtn Ski Area the second ski venture that Lonnie manages.
    Last edited by 1wsguy; 12-11-2007 at 07:16 AM.
    The coefficent of desireability is inversly proportionate to the degree of availability.

Quote Originally Posted by 1wsguy View Post
    Link to story : SKINET :: I Schralped Everest
    The story is about The Porcupine Mtn Ski Area the second ski venture that Lonnie manages.
    Classic, classic article!
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    I knew the guy was into real estate (explaining the condo development plans), but hadn't heard any of the rest of this.

"Lonie's Mardi Gras promotion of trying to lure women to Renegades games by offering them beads (a reward traditionally given in the celebration for the baring of breasts) was also criticized." This promotion sounds familiar, Lonnie is obviously not a very original thinker. It's also one of the few weekends I typically don't go to bohemia... too crowded with gapers side sliding down the good lines. The article also explains why I've seen Forrest Gregg at Bohemia before.

OK, so I fully agree Lonnie's a complete ass-hat, but I still can't get the terrain that bohemia has anywhere else. I can only justify to my wife (and my checkbook) 2 trips west a year. So based on this info, IF I'm going to quit supporting him, where do the rest of you mid-westers ski when you can't go west? Whitecap is probably my next favorite, but on the eagles next, it's 2 turns and you're at the bottom. Also it's usually iced over by 10:30.

My only real dealing with him was when I had a blob of grease drop on my coat while on the lift. He offered to pay for the cleaning bill and did. About my only beef with Lonnie personally was that he thinks puke purple and radio-active green go together and painted the lifts those colors.

"Lonie oversaw the day-to-day operations. The results were always the same: the implosion of the franchise. A highlight reel of the Gliebermans’ miscalculations and blunders includes Lonie’s habitual courtship of cheerleaders, the recruitment of a linebacker with a nasty cocaine habit, and a comical attempt to hire Mike Ditka as coach."
    Hookers, blow and da coach

Quote Originally Posted by blockp View Post

OK, so I fully agree Lonnie's a complete ass-hat, but I still can't get the terrain that bohemia has anywhere else.
    Funny thing is this terrain was here LONG b4 little lonnie jong showed up. And another point of contention...I know Steve and his crew who've pretty much cleared every run up there and had the east and far east to themselves because hey they put in the hours in the fall and now Lonnie wants to send every tom, dick, and gaper out there to track it up and make an emergency evac nearly impossible when some idiot hits a tree.

Barb was cool. I did not know she had left. Any idea where she went? We once shared an intimate snowmobile ride in one of the early seasons when I poached the ebc.