Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Whistler Opening Day - Nov 17, 2007

Shout yourself out if you're going and follow it up with some pics of the powder festival that will be this weekend

Everyone's all jonesed up for opening day so it'll likely be a shit show to bother trying to meet or hook up for any turns during the day. But with so many WB jongs coming out of the woodwork and old friends to see too, we should try!

- No way anyone's slowing down in the am

- 12:30 at the clocktower for some afternoon turns

- 4:00 at the Longhorn for apres beers and a good old fashioned dick waving session.

I'll be in line for the Gondi ~7am with a buddy.

bring on the La nina winter of 07/08!!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Cool, i was just about to make a "whistler opening day role call" thread when i saw this, Ill b there. Gunna be in the Creekside Gondi lineup whenever the gayhound bus gets there.

edit: and by clocktower do you mean, the light board out side the roundhouse?
    Last edited by Bring On The Snow; 11-15-2007 at 05:52 PM.

chances are taynton and I will be there, possibly with some non mag friends.

12:30 outside roundhouse. ask for change.
    "Freeride is just an attitude, to go out in the mountains with no rules and do whatever feels sweet to you at the time." -Chris Davenport

Hmm, think they'll let me cut lines since the 17th is my birthday?

There without a doubt!

Heading up tomorrow night to get the pass and sleep in the car a la dirtbag style.

I got royally fucked. Fortress/W-B isn't letting staff or all areas competetors carded athletes passes up. Have fun, I'm going sledding. Fuck you fortress.

^^^thats fucking retarded, what a bunch of douchebags^^^

but realistically im pretty sure the tickets will be pretty cheap(by w/b standards) cuz its early seson and id quess that ud probably spend more money on gas between ur sled and ur car getting to the trail head.
    Last edited by Bring On The Snow; 11-15-2007 at 06:49 PM.

Going to be there for sure. Village gondy.

I skinned up to the resevoir on Blackcomb today. 7th is pretty scoured, but the snow was quite nice until about the bottom of Catskinner. Then it was a wet slog to base 2. It went pretty well aside from some skin missing on my heels. Turns out maybe a 4 hour skin isn't the best way to get reaquainted with my alpine boots.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    I got royally fucked. Fortress/W-B isn't letting staff or all areas competetors carded athletes passes up. Have fun, I'm going sledding. Fuck you fortress.
    Absurd. What a bunch of flaccid pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    way to piss off the help before the season even starts the people running W/B are so out of touch with reality its not even worth debate. I'd take virgin turns every run sled skiing over lift served chaos any day. have fun!

Paying customers first!!

Thanks Rich....I haven't finalized my plans but will definitely be there Saturday and know when to meet.

Longhorns might be a gong show to get seating at that time. We might want a plan B for apres like Black's Pub or Behind the Grind.

Nads....meet us for drinks after.
    Last edited by Spark; 11-15-2007 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Paying customers first!!
    people like us don't exactly fit the role the bean counters have in mind when they envision the paying customer. you probably cost them money

Ultra-dick move lumping the competitor passes in with the staff pass blackout for opening weekend. I can understand the staff pass thing, they need someone to run the lifts, but anything beyond direct mountain staff should not be included.

Anyways, I'll be there, most likely in the Village line early-ish. Navy Jacket, Orange pants and I might be stupid enough to bust out the brand new Thugs or ARGs first day. So look for that idiot.

I know - its kind of crazy i know but this was pre-fortress. Basically the customer comes first even if that means that they prohibit staff and or other undesirables pillaging the goods at the expense of the paying customer

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    way to piss off the help before the season even starts the people running W/B are so out of touch with reality its not even worth debate.
    It's not the first time W/B has blacked out employee passes to make room for paying customers.

I'll probably go up next week after the Vancouver crowd has gone home.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

want to go up mid-week?

working sats, might be in for monday

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I know - its kind of crazy i know but this was pre-fortress. Basically the customer comes first even if that means that they prohibit staff and or other undesirables pillaging the goods at the expense of the paying customer
    I've been getting all areas competitor cards since way back for ski racing, now skiercross... and they ALWAYS issued us our passes even for early opening. This is the first year they've not let us up. They wont even issue us our passes til next week.

Staff/vollies get tickets on Saturday if our passes are not yet ready. No idea where you are getting info that we aren't allowed up.
    Last edited by JimLad; 11-15-2007 at 07:56 PM.

From my coach, from the "friendly faces" at guest relations...

Quote Originally Posted by JimLad View Post
    Staff/vollies get tickets on Saturday if our passes are not yet ready. No idea where you are getting info that we aren't allowed up.
    Me neither.
    Last edited by Shaggy; 11-28-2007 at 09:28 PM.

Well, maybe I'm the only one getting screwed then.

Hummmm, I just waxed my skis, it was a very sensual experience to say the least.
    I'll be there, and still looking for a ride sat morning, although it seems like I might already have one.

Does anyone think hiking the goat's path is a bad idea? Not enough coverage in the trees?