Real-time usage vs. inflated usage

Not to get too nit picky about this but I noticed when I log into powdermag even for a few seconds my username shows that I'm on the forum for more than a half hour after I log out.
    I like the real-time users display here better than the delayed (inflated) display over there. It's kind of annoying to leave a message for someone thatyou think is online and they really left a half hour ago.
    Also I can see why they are doing it that way. It makes the total usage look higher over there than it really is.
    It's interesting to observe the little things going on with allof this.

Wink

Yeah, Smoke, the guy's got a point. But that is an interesting observation.
    Hey--are we on for lunch tomorrow or what?

Originally posted by Endlessseason
    Yeah, Smoke, the guy's got a point. But that is an interesting observation.
    Hey--are we on for lunch tomorrow or what?
    What was that? You wanna help out a starving college student by buying him lunch. I grudgingly accept.

Re: Real-time usage vs. inflated usage

Originally posted by ColdSmoke
    Not to get too nit picky about this but I noticed when I log into powdermag even for a few seconds my username shows that I'm on the forum for more than a half hour after I log out.
    I like the real-time users display here better than the delayed (inflated) display over there. It's kind of annoying to leave a message for someone thatyou think is online and they really left a half hour ago.
    Also I can see why they are doing it that way. It makes the total usage look higher over there than it really is.
    It's interesting to observe the little things going on with allof this.
    Actually, it's just set on the default refresh rates for the script. I just set mine to resfresh more often.

It's one of those features that you probably wouldn't screw with unless you knew whatt it did...
    When you're feeling down, just remember: It's always darkest before it goes pitch .... fucking.... black.

Oops. Wrong thread.

Originally posted by UTdave
    What was that? You wanna help out a starving college student by buying him lunch. I grudgingly accept.
    Hey Dave-

We'll do that one of these times. However, I think you'll be a little disappointed in our lunches.
    We don't eat like our high-falutin', big-spendin', season-pass-holdin' online personas might lead you to believe. I might eat a 99 cent Big Mac on Monday, a 75 cent slice of pizza over by Frozen's place on Tues, and a $1 spicy chicken sandwich on Wednesday. Some days I just have a meal replacement shake. Gotta pay for that expensive season pass somehow...http://www.endlessseason.com/smilies/chekout.gif

.75 pizza??? You must mean the pizza pipeline. Make sure you get there before 4:00, and try not to look to closely at the employee's.