Thread: must stop.....

must stop.....

CRASHING. Sweet jesus, can't seem to stay on my bike lately. Maybe it would be better if i drank first then rode my bike.

whinning and nursing my wounds, ouch.

you know you do it to.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Yep, I plowed a split rail fence on my last ride. Carrying too much speed down a steep hill to navigate the 90 degree turn at the bottom, combined with rusty skills equals shoulder splinters.
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

I'm pissed about all the damn deadfall on the trail. My legs have cuts all over them from breaking through that shit.

schuss - I hear ya. I usually carry a foldable saw this time of year. I either clear the offending tree/branches or, if it's too big, I build up a log tee-pee. Most of the deadfall we have around here is hoppable (nothing larger than 14 inches in diameter), but some of it falls after high speed blind corners and that's the stuff I move.

Who's going to invent the super lightweight (hydration-packable) chainsaw?
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

I hear ya crinkle. I had a nasty wreck 2 weeks ago, went over the bars and slammed my hand, head, and shoulder into some colorado granite (fortunately the new bike wasn't harmed) but it shook me up pretty good, I had xrays on my hand, nothing broken. Damn hogback.

Just keep riding alot and pay more attention to line selection. Also, speed is your friend. I wouldn't have endoed if I was going faster.

I crash way too much as it is, though, so I could be the wrong person to dispense advice.

For me its not so much crashing a lot as it is crashing at inopportune times. The last bad crash I had I was riding back from lunch for a meeting when I crashed on the sidewalk next to my office. I had taken my shirt off due to the heat and didn't want to get my shirt full of sweat.

There was a Family Video store being built and the gravel from the construction was all over the place. My back tire caught the gravel wrong and decided to slide out from under me. My attempt at correction failed and I went down. The front of my body from neck to waist was pretty much one big road rash. My hands looked like raw meat.

I had to walk into the meeting to let everyone know why I couldn't attend since I was a supposed to talk. The looks on their faces let me know how bad I looked. I spent the next half hour in the shower picking gravel out of my body.

Thank God for my helmet and I have not ridden without gloves since.

two days=two crashes, same trail. Longhorn going down at White Ranch. Once on a waterbar, high speed, just got rashed. Next day, further down Longhorn, there is a super techy rocky section i usually don't even try to ride. I have cleared it coming down, not up. I got a little momentum going, made it up past the first part and got stuck, lost balance and my right foot wouldnt come out of my pedals. So there was a nice pyramid shaped rock that I impaled my hip on as i fell. Nice bruise, its a shame, today is so nice, gonna have to sit today out.

HomerJay, gonna have to hitch up for a ride soon. I think I am doing Lair of the bear on sunday before noon. Let me know.

yeah, dude, I've been riding a few days a week if work hasn't taken me out of town.

I'm planning on riding sunday, but I want to go on a long one, need to get my ass in shape.

Although after skiing tomorrow I may want to do nothing.

what's long to you? LOB is 12 miles up and down, you can always go and do loops at upper Falcon at the top of LOB>

Are the trails dried back up yet from our recent snows? I was planning on sticking to the road this wknd due to what I thought was muddy conditions but if they're dry..... I do have the new bike to break (in).

Would be up for a mtb ride. Have no idea where LOB is.
    I think I'm going mad.

Wed. - Apex some wet spots, enchanted forest almost skiable.

Yesterday - Mt falcon - bone dry.

As long as forest cover isn't too thick (i.e. enchanted), you'll be aaaight.

Crinkle - long = 3-4 hrs. If I'm not too tired from skiing, I'll just go easy spin on sun.

I'll pm you with my celly.

if you don't have someone to do it with, it's not worth doing
    green mt/dakota/matt w. are ready to go.

edit: thanks for the info hj. BLINGBLING!
    to all my friends, it's not the end
    the earth has not swallowed me yet

more trail info: i think everything front range is ready to go. White Ranch was a little tacky and had some standing water on North facing slopes on Wednesday, but yesterday was perfect at WR.

HJ 3-4 hours, I haven't done a ride that long yet this season. I really dont know of anywhere to go where I could ride that long without doing repetitive loops. I usually do 1.5-2hrs. PM me if interested for Sunday.

gotta link 'em up.

morrison - m-w - apex - hogback - falcon - morrison

My ass hurts just thinking about that, and typing it made me bonk.

ahhh I see. I guess there is some road in between that can't be avoided? A month or more ago I did Green mtn-hogsback-Red rocks and back to green mtn. That was 16 miles of hurt. Not to mention the guy i rode with was training for the Leadville 100

One of my buddies called from Fruita last night. He stopped there on his way to Moab and hasn't left for 4 days. I can't wait to get out there and Moab.