Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Grand Targhee

Im there. Hopefully I have my shit together for the 830 opening.
    Live Free or Die

What are teh conditions like now? I would really like to ski from a lift this weekend. (Did I just say that?)....

Thinking about satuday. Shouldn't it snow all week? What lifts are open now? Conditions I will encounter?
    Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    I love it when shitweasels get there panties all in a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by FREESKIER_FIVE-0 View Post
    What are teh conditions like now? I would really like to ski from a lift this weekend. (Did I just say that?)....

Thinking about satuday. Shouldn't it snow all week? What lifts are open now? Conditions I will encounter?
    DC and Blackfoot open, no Sac. Early season conditions. Medicines, Good, bad, Ugly, N facing stuff was creamy smooth today with good coverage. South facing still thin in some, not all areas, and was scoured from the winds. Easily skiable, but scoured. Hard to tell how much it snowed due to the wind, but I would say about 5". Light flakes coming down right now. maybe we'll get a few more tonight. If the forecast is right I would plan on making Friday the fulcrum of the trip, Saturday should be crowded with IF, Poca, and other day trippers, if conditions are great then JH crowd will show up to putting alot of pressure on the snow.

Regardless the coverage is good. I hit my only rock yesterday out of the 7 days I have had so far. Saturday has the Miller Sisters playing apres in the Trap, they are always a good time.

dumping!!!! 5" on the valley floor.

I just might bail on Jacksons opening day (no gondi) and hit up the ghee on my employee pass. Is that like hooking up with your girlfriends sister on her birthday?
    Live Free or Die

Whats the beta on this storm? Is it pretty heavy?? Trying to organize a crew to come up from slc tomorrow. BS cam looks like a major dump...just wondering how dense the snow is.

Quote Originally Posted by powderpig77 View Post
    Whats the beta on this storm? Is it pretty heavy?? Trying to organize a crew to come up from slc tomorrow. BS cam looks like a major dump...just wondering how dense the snow is.
    I haven't looked at the data yet but it's coming in warmer than the last couple storms! LOTS of wind.

You'll find plenty of good skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I just might bail on Jacksons opening day (no gondi) and hit up the ghee on my employee pass. Is that like hooking up with your girlfriends sister on her birthday?
    On your gf or her sis's birthday? Worthless question without pics.

Storm appears to have potential for bits and pieces for the next few days.
    http://www.mountainweather.com/JACKSON.htm
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's