first mtb ride in 10 years...

And it was fun. Rode the ridge trail in the east hills of the hood river valley, perfect riding weather, a little muddy, but damn! I love this mountain biking stuff! And I get free demos at the shop till my heckler gets here, supposedly in mid-may.
    I'm tired, time for a burrito.

Welcome to your new addiction. Have fun, especially since you live in a true mountain bike mecca.
    "People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the
    water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then?
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

Thumbs up

Woohoo! Welcome to scab season!

Excellent! Why is it that after a ride, a burrito ALWAYS seems like the perfect thing to devoure?
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

awesome! wait till you jhave one of those great days/rides (just like in skiing). where the single track is all tacky (not too wet, not too dusty...just right....) and you feel at one w/your ride, flowing over everything, cleaning the whole trail (no clipping out, walking, etc...just riding it all smooth and fast....), a big smile on your face, working your body into that state where you are feeling euphoric (sp).......you will be hooked......just like that epic first pow day that keeps ya comin' back for more.......happy trails!

Re: first mtb ride in 10 years...

Originally posted by natty dread
    And it was fun. Rode the ridge trail in the east hills of the hood river valley, perfect riding weather, a little muddy, but damn! I love this mountain biking stuff! And I get free demos at the shop till my heckler gets here, supposedly in mid-may.
    I'm tired, time for a burrito.
    Sweet! I had my first one in 18 months yesterday and was buzzing from stoke all night.

L:

You need to come here and ride. I've ridden all over your area, and this place puts even HR to shame. That is all.

R
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

w00t w00t...Natty is finally biking again!

I really hope i can get to HR this year and we can finally ride together, i love it!

Oh....and, I miss you L.
    you sketchy character, you

Originally posted by altachic
    w00t w00t...Natty is finally biking again!

I really hope i can get to HR this year and we can finally ride together, i love it!

Oh....and, I miss you L.
    WTSFGMPPPS

Way Too Sappy For General Maggot Public Post Preservation Service
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Floater... I miss you.

Oh please dudes...you'd do the same.

Kisses,
    L

Oh...Rev and phUnk: Kiss my ass, both cheeks, right now.
    Last edited by altachic; 04-16-2004 at 09:48 PM.
    you sketchy character, you

Thanks for sharing in the stoke of this mtb newbie y'all. I still felt awesome today even during a looong day at work. Yeah Punani, I know what ya mean about the buzz--I never thought pedaling a bike around would make me feel so amped.
    And AC--you don't call anymore, you don't write...the pain stops and starts like a corkscrew through my heart...(know who wrote that L?)
    Rev and Tap, I may well take both of you up on your offers. Pretty lucky to be so close to 2 mtb meccas. Let me get a few miles in first though...
    Viva, depending on the weather, I may be in tomorrow afternoon.