North West Washington Mags!!

Due to the Canadian dollar being ever on the rise a few of us have decided to hop across the border this thursday and do some shopping. While I don't have that much I really want to get, I still really need to get my hands on some skins and trekkers, so if anyone could point me in the right direction, our main stop is Bellingham, it would be awesome, thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger_Mike View Post
    Due to the Canadian dollar being ever on the rise a few of us have decided to hop across the border this thursday and do some shopping. While I don't have that much I really want to get, I still really need to get my hands on some skins and trekkers, so if anyone could point me in the right direction, our main stop is Bellingham, it would be awesome, thanks in advance.
    Monday, drop in gymnastics at flicka. Be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger_Mike View Post
    Sportsman Chalet on Holly St.

Quote Originally Posted by Tourette Dude View Post
    Sportsman Chalet on Holly St.
    ...is the last place in B'ham I would shop.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    ...is the last place in B'ham I would shop.
    Its the only place left

Quote Originally Posted by Tourette Dude View Post
    Its the only place left
    Welcome to REI may I take your order?
    Elvis has left the building

Yea I'll have to admit I buy stuff at REI on occasion, but try to support the small business owners as much as possble. I just remembered there is a new/used store just down the block called ?Backcountry Outlet?

Something like that...there's also Fairhaven Bike & Mt. Sport, Yeagers and Glacier (in Glacier, of course). I go to Fairhaven. They have good deals, excellent service, and they're all-around good guys.

IMHO

Five places near In or near Bellingham:
    Sportsman Chalet -- Holly Street, downtown. The Metron store -- excellent place for beginner supplies and clueless sales folks.

Slightly better: REI -- Sehome Village, take Sehome exit from I-5. They actually have a little ski corner this year. Downhill and funky-foot. No AT.

Better: Fairhaven Bike and Mt Sports in the Fairhaven district, south of downtown.

Better Yet: The BackCountry Store, a block and a half north of the Sportsman Chalet on Holly Street. Good folks. Not a lot of stuff, but the right stuff at a decent price. They also have a collection of used stuff if you are really into saving money.

Best, when they are open: Glacier Ski Shop in Glacier. Gods with the goods. They just get it. I mean, where else are you going to find Icelantics mounted tele in a rental collection!!
    It's hard to wag your tail when it is tucked between your legs.

I'm a big fan of Drew and co. out at glacier. they get the nod for AT gear - but I have to give the nod to fairhaven for bootfitting and alpine gear. The backcountry store is cool but has little selection.

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBunny View Post
    Five places near In or near Bellingham:
    Sportsman Chalet -- Holly Street, downtown. The Metron store -- excellent place for beginner supplies and clueless sales folks.

Slightly better: REI -- Sehome Village, take Sehome exit from I-5. They actually have a little ski corner this year. Downhill and funky-foot. No AT.

Better: Fairhaven Bike and Mt Sports in the Fairhaven district, south of downtown.

Better Yet: The BackCountry Store, a block and a half north of the Sportsman Chalet on Holly Street. Good folks. Not a lot of stuff, but the right stuff at a decent price. They also have a collection of used stuff if you are really into saving money.

Best, when they are open: Glacier Ski Shop in Glacier. Gods with the goods. They just get it. I mean, where else are you going to find Icelantics mounted tele in a rental collection!!
    Thanks for the info. Dont forget Mt Baker Snowboard Shop.