Conversation Between BeanDip4All and Woodlandclown

4 Visitor Messages

1. The jackrabbit trail is perfect for trail running--you can go as far as you want. What race are you talking about? I know a bunch of good hikes between saranac and lake placid or in saranac that I can list for you. Mackensie jumps out at me because you actually cross the jackrbbit trail as you are hiking up. Jackrabbit comes pretty close to sherwood forest, which i think is in ray brook, no? there is also ampersand mtn in saranac with an awesome beach on middle saranac a short walk across the street from the trailhead for swimming afterwards. tubing is definitely not cheesy! I havnt been to ausable chasm, but have driven by it. a lot of people tube on the ausable river, part of hich runs through keene valley and my neck of the woods. sunday is a bicenntential field day thing in Keene that I have to be at, otherwise I would jump at the tubing, i havnt done that since i lived by the esopus creek. thanks for being my first friend--thats awesome!
  2. Hmm, well, suggestions on where to hike would be awesome. Actually, I need to do a pretty long trail run- around 17 miles or so. Do you know any good trail running spots? This could just be a hiking trail, too... going to be climbing some mountains during the race, so I might as well get used to it.

We're staying at Sherwood Forest, which is in between Lake Placid and Saranac Lake.

Also, ever done the tubing down the river Ausable Chasm? We were thinking about doing that on Sunday, if you wanted to come It could be cheesy but also could be really fun.
  3. Awesome! I hope it works out! I maybe around. I was considering going to Saratoga, but thats not set at all yet. I would love to go on a hike with you on saturday, but I am still recovering from my knee surgery and i am afraid hiking is out of the question. Are you staying overnight, or just up for the day? I agree with the name amstel--changing a name isnt a big deal. my dog has about 50 variations of names i use! good thing you arent coming up this weekend--dreaded ironman!!! i am sure that figured into your plans. let me know if you need suggestions on hikes.
  4. Hey! So we're coming up next weekend to Lake Placid to look at the corgi!!

Thank you so much for the rec! We are sooo excited. Although am going to have to change his name if we take him. "Amstel" ... :-/ But otherwise he sounds like a fantastic match.

Will you be around that weekend at all? We were thinking about doing a big hike on Saturday.... maybe summiting something.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4