Conversation Between shasti and PNW Skier

2 Visitor Messages

1. Hey buddy, I'm a whistler bum in the winter time so the chances of you hitchin' a ride with me to the local WA resorts are pretty low. Sorry. If you ever find your way up north though give me a shout and i'll show you around. There's a huge crew of local seattle rippers on the board here though so you shouldn't have too hard a time finding a ride.

The bamboo skis I was talking about are folsom customs. He's based out of boulder colorado and was building prototypes in various shapes, sizes and flexes this last season. My buddy was testing skis for him and threw me a pair. I'm not gonna go gloat about how big we go or how hard we are on equipment but let's just say we've broken some stuff and those folsoms took everything we threw at them and came back laughing. They are an incredible ride to boot. My particular pair was the 191 140-114-128 in the super soft variety. My buddy also got another pair in a stiffer flex, he has about 10 different pairs of skis to choose from, but for everyday shredding you couldn't get those off his feet. I think he also was getting another set that was going to be about as stiff as the big squads but haven't heard from him on those yet. Anyway check 'em out for a pure pow stick. I feel a pair of goliaths and a pair of the super soft big folsoms is the perfect quiver. http://folsomcustomskis.blogspot.com/ The goliaths will remain my everyday ski this next season but anytime it's deep out those folsoms will be coming out of the garage. I've never skied anything like them!

Jameson
  2. Hey buddy,

I have never done this visitor message thing before but here goes. I just moved back to seattle after a season at jackson. I am selling my truck so I was wondering if you or any of the other PNW mags you know might be interested in taking me up to stevens, baker, or alpental on weekdays when there is room in the car . I would pay for gas and bring good food to compensate. I would be glad to make connections with riders up here because a) I love to ski and make friends and b) to decrease my chances of missing a nice pow day because of my lack of auto : ) Also I ski goliaths too, and what are those bamboo skis you were talking about ? all the best

shanti
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2