PDA

View Full Version : today i saw the light

White Chocolate
04-13-2004, 12:21 AM
my friend picked me up a new 2.5 maxxis mobster for real cheap this past weekend. i had wanted the 2.7, but they were out. I have been running a 2.6 gazzy on the front, but was tired of how it handled on harder packed surfaces. I was quite hesitant about running a 2.5 maxxis since they are pretty narrow compared to other 2.5 tires. Well, i threw it on anyway, and went on an xc ride (always fun on a 35lb hardtail :D ) 3 corners into the 1st trail, i think i yelled out-loud that gazzalodi's suck! Didn't even come close to washing it out, including several hairpins that i kinda failed to slow down for. riding into the bushes doesn't count as loosing traction :D My cornering speed probably increased at least a couple mph's just by using a new tire. the point of the story, i guess, is that it is quite amazing how one small change on your bike can make you a better rider! also, maxxis tires kick ass, and are really cheap at supergo right now (i paid $20)

snow_slider
04-13-2004, 08:31 AM
Yep! I love Maxxis tires. Decent rolling resistance and they WILL NOT pinch flat. I have plowed my 2.5 Highroller and 2.35 MOFO DH into square edge cement steps, curbs, etc. when riding urban and no problems.

Nuttin but good stuff to say about Maxxis.

L8APX
04-13-2004, 09:17 AM
Try the minions in super tacky 2.5's they rock. The 2.35 single ply minions make for some nice fr/xc tires.

bagtagley
04-13-2004, 10:07 AM
Maxxis does make UST tires.

I'm in the middle between Michelin and Maxxis. Our team just picked up Maxxis though, so I guess my decisions been made.