PDA

View Full Version : First day out

bagtagley
03-25-2004, 07:29 PM
and I got my ass kicked. I hate the first ride of the Spring, always so painful. Took me the better part of an hour to get warmed up to the point that I wasn't suffering, but overall it was a great ride. Did about 15 miles at a place I've never ridden before. Pretty nice, but I'm spoiled by my home town. There you climb to the top and ride down, here you go up-down-up-down and there's nothing really steep. I think I'm gonna head back this weekend and get my fill of my home trails. The 888 arrived last week, so I'll hopefully get a chance to break that sucker in.

I always say I'm gonna keep training through the winter, and I never do....maybe next winter.

InspectorGadget
03-25-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by bagtagley
and I got my ass kicked.

I always say I'm gonna keep training through the winter, and I never do....maybe next winter.

I just love going out for the first ride - with the folks that did train through the winter - and getting my ass handed to me. I took the road bike out for a short spin after skiing today.

How is it that you ski all winter long and when you get back on the bike, you feel like you've spent the last five months on the couch. :confused:

snow_slider
03-25-2004, 08:26 PM
I love going out for the first real trail ride of the season after spending the Winter riding the Tour de Basement and just killing it. Topping hills a full cog down from where I was at the end of last season. Hammering the flat sections in the big ring.

One ride down and so far it's:
Legs - check
Lungs - check
Skills - ummmmm, yeah...

Hey, at least I know what I need to work on.

InspectorGadget
03-25-2004, 09:16 PM
snow_slider is one of them.

"Tour de Basement" LOL :D

snow_slider
03-26-2004, 06:30 AM
Yeah, that hamster running on his wheel has nothing on me...

I can ride for an hour at 20 mph and not move a frickin inch.

It's kinda sad actually.

bagtagley
03-26-2004, 07:31 AM
My roommate a couple years ago had a balance trainer. Getting going wasn't really the hard part, but once you got tired it was tough as hell to stay on the rollers. I'm surprised that thing didn't cause me any sever bodily damage. The worst part was you couldn't take you mind of the ride and just spin, you always had to be aware of you position on the rollers.

That being said, riding indoors and not moving drives me crazy.