PDA

View Full Version : Hey Altagirl

bagtagley
03-24-2004, 11:35 AM
I seem to remember you saying that you and Mr. did some DH racing. Besides Deer Valley, where else do you guys race?

Also, what kinda DH bike you gonna get to replace that RM?

altagirl
03-24-2004, 12:01 PM
I got a Giant DH team. Only ridden it once so far, but it's sweet.

There's a race up in Bountiful - I've never done that one - it's the first of the season. First year I didn't have a bike yet and last year it was too soon after my surgery. Course is up by the "B" on the mountain - you can shuttle it.

There are usually 2 races per year in Brian Head (2 different courses) - also has some awesome long shuttled trails that are awesome. They offer lift served and shuttle services at the resort.

2 races are in Idaho - on in Pomerelle, which was nice with good camping down the road, and another was in Lava Hot Springs, which is most likely off the circuit (course sucked).

We also race the Moab Rim DH, but the lift is closed again, so I'm not sure what they're doing with that this year.

There have been rumors of courses being built at Park City and Snowbasin, but they both cancelled their races last year because they never built the trails.

We also hit Durango last year.

bagtagley
03-24-2004, 02:05 PM
I'm jealous about that bike, I got a pretty good offer on one this winter, but the urge to buy ski gear was too strong. I went by Go-Ride when I was in SLC last week and saw the new Turner DHR there (where's that drooly guy when you need him). I WILL own that frame some day.

Sounds like you guys are set for racing. I'd like to hit Deer Valley this summer. Hopefully, if the Whistler trip I've been dreaming up comes through, we'll stop there on the way. I rode the Moab Rim DH course a few years ago on an XC bike...that thing is hairy. Maybe it's more tame on a bigger bike, but I still have issues with having nothing to bail on but rock.

Anyway, just curious. Good luck this season.

altagirl
03-24-2004, 02:15 PM
Yeah, the first couple times I did Moab rim was on an XC bike too. It's definitely easier with a DH bike, but personally I find it a difficult race course because even when it's taped off there are SO many possible lines and it's all rock it's hard to memorize. Or I've just landed on my head one too many times... ;)

I was drooling over DHRs last year too, but got a great deal on the Giant. Just put some new Crank Bros Mallet C's on it last night. First time I'm going to try clipless on DH.

Let me know if you make it to DV - we'd be glad to show you around.

Mr. Altagirl
03-25-2004, 09:06 PM
Maybe we will see you up at Whistler. We REALLY want to go this year. If not, Deer Valley is great riding. If you get a chance, try Brian Head. Both the lift served and shuttle rides are awesome.

ak_powder_monkey
03-25-2004, 10:43 PM
God I wish aly would let us bring our bikes up the tram DH MTBing is so much fun so core

AK_Feces_Flinga
03-26-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by ak_powder_monkey
God I wish aly would let us bring our bikes up the tram DH MTBing is so much fun so core So since it's so core that automatically means you can't do it or be within fifteen feet of it.