PDA

View Full Version : So I found a 40 foot huck yesterday

ak_powder_monkey
03-22-2004, 02:45 AM
Seward Highway before indian in a gravel pit, 40+ feet depending on where you hit it, freaking huge, Paging Bender

altagirl
03-22-2004, 08:16 AM
We met a guy in Moab Saturday who said he has a 105 foot drop with a road gap planned, but is having problems with the land manager. Insane.

InspectorGadget
03-22-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by altagirl
...105 foot drop with a road gap planned.

Maybe I'm just a panty-waist, bed-wetter, but this guy sounds like he should be making his funeral plans as well. 105 feet!!!

Could you possibly hope to ride that one out? So, once again, I find myself feeling like a cave-dweller; are people dropping hundred footers on bikes these days???

hev
03-22-2004, 08:37 AM
105 feet! that's a death wish.

....hell 40 feet is insane. not sure what the record is but closer to 60 or so I think.

altagirl
03-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Makes no sense to me either....

Evidently part of his problem with the land manager was that he had no plans for an ambulance/EMT whatever to be present. Personally I'd go for having a life flight on standby...

trainnvain
03-22-2004, 09:00 AM
apologies for such a small image. Look at this fork on Bender's rig.WTF?
http://www.ciclonatura.it/Immagini/Bike%20Festival/Karpiel.jpg

CS
03-22-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by InspectorGadget:
are people dropping hundred footers on bikes these days???

No.

Regarding Bender, after seeing that vid where he repeatedly wrecks himself trying that huge drop in Kamloops, I have to question his style of riding. No doubt he's a better rider than me, but the fact that he's yet to get out of the qualifying rounds of the Freeride comp held in his backyard in Virgin, shows that his balls and bike seem to be doing most of the work.

But 105 feet? Hard to fathom a guy being able to ride out of that.

trainnvain
03-22-2004, 09:31 AM
Yep, 105 seems impossible. As for Kamloops, that drop was 55 feet and he couldn't stick it and ended up with a severe concussion and memory loss. IMO Watson, Garcia, Klaussen and Bourdon are better technical droppers. Bender just has more Kodak courage happening when that camera rolls or that shutter is snapping.

Z
03-22-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by altagirl
We met a guy in Moab Saturday who said he has a 105 foot drop with a road gap planned, but is having problems with the land manager. Insane.

Im thinking if is this is true it will be more of a GAP, not a true cliff drop.....feet traveled horizontally will be more than vertically....

Lunch
03-22-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by InspectorGadget
are people dropping hundred footers on bikes these days???

No.
Now can we bring this thread back to reality?

Viva
03-22-2004, 02:19 PM
I don't get it...why do people need bikes, skies, etc. to go over cliffs? Just walk up to the edge and friggen jump already!

InspectorGadget
03-22-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Lunch
No.
Now can we bring this thread back to reality?

Lunch,

I don't think this thread started with much, if any, reality in mind. AKPM "found a 40 foot huck yesterday", remember.

No offense intended AKPM.

ak_powder_monkey
03-22-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by InspectorGadget
Lunch,

I don't think this thread started with much, if any, reality in mind. AKPM "found a 40 foot huck yesterday", remember.

No offense intended AKPM.

Does anybody know how to get in touch with Bender? He's from up here you know, umm yeah I'd like to have him do it, the landing looked pretty good, nobody up here has the balls to hit it I think

White Chocolate
03-23-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by ak_powder_monkey
Does anybody know how to get in touch with Bender? He's from up here you know, umm yeah I'd like to have him do it, the landing looked pretty good, nobody up here has the balls to hit it I think

sorry crackhead, bender lives in virgin, utah. It's pretty small, i'm sure you could ask where he lives at the gas station. also, check out the "virgin jail" while you are there :D

ak_powder_monkey
03-23-2004, 05:16 PM
He was raised in North Pole, a hick town out of squarebanks