PDA

View Full Version : Cruisers, what to get??

CaddyDaddy77
03-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Not a big bike person, haven't rode a ton in recent years, but would like to get a nice cruiser for around town kind of stuff.

Have looked at the Torker 26", Cruiser and Marader.

Anyone have any experience or suggestions of others?

Wouldn't mind rebuilding one, but haven't found a suitable frame around.

Thanks in advance.

hev
03-16-2004, 10:28 PM
technically not a cruiser but the specialized p-street is bad ass and built on 24" wheels. basically a cruiser with a fork(it even has pegs!)

http://www.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/2004/bikes/04PStreet_d.jpg

http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=6773

....little bit pricier than the BMX stuff though. don't have too much specific advice in terms of true BMX cruisers

edit: just realized you meant more like "beach cruiser"...still a cool ride though.

CaddyDaddy77
03-16-2004, 10:34 PM
I rode a friends older Redline that was similar but I'm not sure that's what I want. It would be more versatile, but I'm leaning towards a cruiser.
Never seen pegs on a adjustable fork though!

Platinum Pete
03-16-2004, 11:53 PM
Clarification of terms: 24 inch wheel BMX bike is called a cruiser. I'm not sure if Caddadd77 wants that or if he wants something more in line with Pee Wee Herman's bike in the movie about his Big Adventure. Where I am from the term "cruiser" can describe either type of bike.
As for PW Herman style cruisers, the new Electras are low cost and pretty decent.

Plakespear
03-17-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by CaddyDaddy77
Not a big bike person, haven't rode a ton in recent years.

Than I don't suggest going out on the trail with Bobke anytime soon ;)

CaddyDaddy77
03-17-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Plakespear
Than I don't suggest going out on the trail with Bobke anytime soon ;)

No, not even remotely, I've got a ton of freaks around here trying to ride me into the ground on a regular basis, hence the reason for the cruiser, easier to puss out.

It's ok by me to sally around instead of getting stomped by Bobke, Frankie Maple, T. Brown, Hairball, etc..

Besides I get to kick Bobke's ass in our town ski series.:D

Great guy, BTW.