PDA

View Full Version : Got pass?

FreakofSnow
10-05-2003, 05:13 PM
Not to be confused with got ass?. Just picked up my lil' sweet piece of plastic, and piece of mind and stoke for that matter. PSYCHED!!!!!!!! Bring it!!!! Who else has theirs?

CUBUCK
10-05-2003, 05:20 PM
On it!

Colorado Pass
Aspen 4 pack
Telluride College pass

Worked hard all summer and have almost spent every dime a week into october. Its gonna be a PBR semester

iskibc
10-05-2003, 05:22 PM
Don't have the plastic yet, but have a piece of paper with a sig on it that says "good for one season pass.....". Just a matter of days before I get up there for opening day!

Plakespear
10-05-2003, 05:23 PM
It will be a few more weeks, but I'll get one this year. I love working at a ski shop!

fiddler
10-05-2003, 05:31 PM
I got the receipt for my Whistler Gold Express pass, good for 5 days. Still working on the Baker deal.

Big Tim
10-05-2003, 06:33 PM
MAMMY..... :D

DaveTV
10-05-2003, 06:38 PM
Read this intro from Casimiro (http://www.stevecasimiro.com/intros/26.1.html) - POWDER september, 1997

Samwich
10-05-2003, 06:42 PM
Purchased one (1) pass to Crystal Mountain, Washington. I am soooo stoked. And, depending on whether or not i teach this year, I just might be getting a couple hundred back in the mail on the purchase.

I'm considering getting the Alpental/Snoqualmie pass too... it's only $300.

FreakofSnow
10-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by DaveTV
Read this intro from Casimiro (http://www.stevecasimiro.com/intros/26.1.html) - POWDER september, 1997

Thanks for the link man, good reads. I liked this part: "Season passes are funny. Even after they're dead they still have a power. I don't know anyone who throws theirs away. A few years back Powder had a contest, and one guy wrote his entry on a color photocopy of his season passes from the previous seven years. At first clean-shaven and short-haired, each passing season ........."

And actually when I got home today I started rummaging through all my crap to see if I could find my old passes. A buddy of mine has all his framed and it is fucking classic. Unfortunately, I appear to have misplaced all my really old ones from grade school. Time to lob a call into the parents to see if they can dig them up from storage.

interloper
10-05-2003, 08:00 PM
Yep got mine in the mail a few weeks ago. Hang last years up w/ the old ones. Been hang'n up since 1977. :)

baseWeldr
10-05-2003, 08:03 PM
got the plane tickys, pass is next, cost is equal...

hardrider
10-05-2003, 08:05 PM
I got a letter from kirkwood saying "Send us a pic and we'll mail your pass" I thought this waskind of silly and had planned on just walking in and having them do it. Buuuuuuut I kind of want to hold it ya know? They hold a sort of power over us I guess. For 6 months our lives exist because of those little cards.:D
________
vapir air one (http://vaporizers.net/vapir-air-one)

summit
10-06-2003, 08:19 AM
Car+AT+legs :)
Colorado Pass

bad_roo
10-06-2003, 08:37 AM
Kirkwood - I'm a long distance honorary dilettante Kirkweeder. :cool:

iceman
10-06-2003, 08:37 AM
roo's about to say something.

edit: dammit, too slow. But the "Who's Online" feature is cool.

edit edit: Like, right now, Shera is "reporting a post". I wonder who she's complaining about?

Schralper
10-06-2003, 09:39 AM
Ah, after dropping $699, on the pre season discounted pass. Umm, sure its discounted freakin Mt.Bachelor at least it hasnt gone UP....... Only 7 weeks til those chairs are goin. The b/c pass got fired up the other day and all I want/need for the sled is some new skis. :rolleyes: :eek:

homerjay
10-06-2003, 09:42 AM
Colo pass (10-day)
Copper 4 pack
WP/MJ 4 pack

skins and legs.

The Reverend Floater
10-06-2003, 09:45 AM
I will have NO pass this year. This is good because:

More b/c
More trips to Jackson, Targhee, UT, MT, OR, CA!

drifter75
10-06-2003, 09:48 AM
Pickin' the CO pass tonight, as well as the Copper 4-pak.

Must...contain...excitement...

LegoSkier
10-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Already got the plastic for Kirkwood.
Got the paper for midweek Alpine.:D

shera
10-06-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by iceman

edit edit: Like, right now, Shera is "reporting a post". I wonder who she's complaining about?

Brett, if you must know.

I got the Colorado card (10 day) and Loveland Ski Area. Will pick up individual days at other areas through patrol or boot packing. And of course I have my pass to all the mountains on the planet: Beacon, shovel, probe, skins, freerides, great partners...

I will ski every day, so help me god. 200+ days, here I come.

tonghands
10-06-2003, 10:14 AM
Yep got my Bachelor and Mt Hood Meadows passes. Stoked!

powfreak
10-06-2003, 10:43 AM
Got my Fernie pass and a hottub in Sparwood. Will also be making turns at my old stomping grounds (Castle).

Just add snow and shralp for 5 months = recipe for happiness

Beaver
10-06-2003, 10:50 AM
I got my pass. It's a piped & ported 1997 summitt 670, 144" X 2" track with a backrest for the wife and a rack for our touring skis.

PlayHarder
10-06-2003, 10:58 AM
Rocky Mtn passport for most of the season and plane ticket booked for Vancouver in March - 2 weeks of Whistler and Baker. Tough part of that is: How many days for each? Haven't been out to either for 7 years and love both mtns equally, how to decide.

jayfrizzo
10-06-2003, 12:59 PM
Snowbird. Still hemming and hawing if I want to drop the extra $200 on the Atla upgrade. Will I really go there more than 10 days? Do they deserve me? ;)

I think I'd rather spend the money on snowboard bindings, or ski boots.

J-

IBISguru
10-06-2003, 01:05 PM
gettin' mine on sat.

UTdave
10-06-2003, 01:09 PM
I got my Alta pass in early August. It is comforting to look at.:D
First chair of the season here I come. I wonder how early I'll have to get up to get it?

slim
10-06-2003, 01:10 PM
Kirkwood in hand.
Jackson for the month of January... hooked up.

Arty50
10-06-2003, 01:10 PM
Plastic for Mammy
Paper for Kirkwood
Being tormented by Sobchak to get the Sierra and Gapenly midweek passes.

Schmear
10-06-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by iceman

Woah, the "Who's Online" page just noted that Tyrone is in the can. Now that's superior technology. ;)

Edit: Kirkwood and Blackcomb Express passes for me this year

Mountainman
10-06-2003, 02:10 PM
don't have a clue when i get it, but moonlight basin it is. man it's nice to get a free pass

FreakofSnow
10-06-2003, 06:03 PM
Its even nicer for you to let me on the lifts for free all season, you the man mountainman

Endlessseason
10-08-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by jayfrizzo
...extra $200 on the Atla upgrade. Will I really go there more than 10 days?
Jay--unless they change something this year it only costs $10 to upgrade for the day, if you do it from the Snowbird side. Alta really sticks it to you on the upgrade.

Lumpy
10-08-2003, 10:54 PM
POWMOW-Bought pass for the second year at the junior varsity hill in the Ogden Valley.

Maybe next year I'll get the call for garbage time with the varsity across the valley and spring for a pass. For now, just doing the discount card to 'Basin since I bought the other pass and dumped moolah on skins, freerides, DTS trakker, etc...couldn't get it all.

UTdave
10-08-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Endlessseason
Jay--unless they change something this year it only costs $10 to upgrade for the day, if you do it from the Snowbird side. Alta really sticks it to you on the upgrade.

Last year it was $20 to upgrade. I did it twice. The first time they looked like they had no idea what I was talking about. Are they changing the price for this year? Alta is charging $22 to upgrade this year. It seemed like a better deal for me to get the Alta pass this year (pass + 6.8 or so days at the Bird for the same price as Bird only).

Endlessseason
10-08-2003, 11:22 PM
Dave, I did it a few times too. They tried to charge me $20 one of the times. I got the ticket manager involved and he told the window girl to only charge me $10.
Since I had only been charged $10 before, I was pretty forceful about it. Maybe they were wrong the other times and simply did it because I sounded so convincing. Now I don't know.
I think they just aren't familiar with what it's really supposed to cost.

UTdave
10-08-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Endlessseason
I think they just aren't familiar with what it's really supposed to cost.
so basically they don't know what the hell is going on:rolleyes:

Samwich
10-11-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Samwich
Purchased one (1) pass to Crystal Mountain, Washington. I am soooo stoked. And, depending on whether or not i teach this year, I just might be getting a couple hundred back in the mail on the purchase.

I'm considering getting the Alpental/Snoqualmie pass too... it's only $300.

BOUGHT!!!! :D

I'm stoked. Now, I can hit Alpental/Summit park every day after school (or at least twice a week) and crystal big mountain all weekend... or switch it up and hit the summit park weeknights, alpental b/c saturdays, and crystal b/c sundays. I am SO STOKED. And I have a new (skied once or twice) pair of twins (Dynastar Troublemakers, no less), a new (skied five times) pair of big mountain sticks (i.M85s). I also have rock park skis for urban jibbing, and then just straight rock skis. This season will be fun for sure. :)

summit
10-11-2003, 07:12 PM
Keystone/Breck/Vail/BC/AB etc passes go up in price on Monday

Ted Stryker
10-11-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by SheRa
Brett, if you must know.

tattle tail.:rolleyes:

OffAxis
10-11-2003, 07:54 PM
I sent in the pic to K'wood about three weeks ago. Anyone know how long it takes them to turn those around? I don't want paper anymore, I want plastic!! :)

CantDog
10-11-2003, 08:49 PM
Got my Sugarbush pass and my weekday MRG pass. Probably going to pick up a skiway pass or ascutney a little ways down the road, for the days when I cant afford to drive.

SkiDawg93546
10-11-2003, 11:00 PM
Hopefully the wood has spruced up their season pass operation a bit since last I held their plastic. In 01'/02' it took some folks till feb to get theirs.

Good luck,

huck a fatty off thundersaddle!!!

Its mamma for me, open, open, open, open, open!

FreakofSnow
10-11-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by The Reverend Floater
I will have NO pass this year. This is good because:

More b/c
More trips to Jackson, Targhee, UT, MT, OR, CA!

Make sure you let the MT maggs know if you are heading this way. We have ordered a big snow year so come prepared.