PDA

View Full Version : Taos Beta?

mooseknuckle
03-20-2007, 03:19 PM
It doesn't look too promising for my trip next week. Am I missing something or is it really as bleak as it appears? Here's to wishing for the random storms of late March last year...:D

MadMatt
03-20-2007, 05:02 PM
When are you going to be there?

AKPogue
03-20-2007, 11:16 PM
I was there a week and a half ago and there was still plenty of snow. You should have fun. And if the weather goes as predicted it might get better. I will be there from 22-26th. If you see a pair of bros they are probably mine.

mooseknuckle
03-21-2007, 07:31 AM
I hear they have a pretty good base, but it is pretty warm and melting fast. Doesn't look like any storms are in the forecast, but at this point I am hoping to dodge rain and slay some good corn.

AKP - I'll prolly miss you unless we head up early on the 26th to ski and leave the wives/kids behind to pick up the final member of our party who is arriving in ABQ that morning. If I'm there on the 26th I'll look for you. I'll be riding Supermojos.

MM - We have a rental cabin in Angel Fire (bro-in-law lives there) the 26th through the 30th and will likely be skiing 3-4 days depending upon weather and family obligations. You going to be around?

MadMatt
03-21-2007, 08:30 AM
MM - We have a rental cabin in Angel Fire (bro-in-law lives there) the 26th through the 30th and will likely be skiing 3-4 days depending upon weather and family obligations. You going to be around?

I will be skiing at Taos the 29th and 30th. We should hook up, as I will be skiing alone.

mooseknuckle
03-21-2007, 11:47 AM
I will be skiing at Taos the 29th and 30th. We should hook up, as I will be skiing alone.

Should be good to go on at least one - if not both - of those days. I'll PM you my cell# and some other info.

Flash
03-21-2007, 02:29 PM
I came back from Taos yesterday. As said above, it is super-warm and melting fast. However, there is still pretty good coverage. The ridge was open all the way to Kachina, and most of West Basin is open too. Enjoy...

mooseknuckle
03-21-2007, 02:44 PM
I came back from Taos yesterday. As said above, it is super-warm and melting fast. However, there is still pretty good coverage. The ridge was open all the way to Kachina, and most of West Basin is open too. Enjoy...

I appreciate the scoop, Flash. A little freshy would help that situation a bit, but we'll take what comes. Looks like corn is on the menu.