PDA

View Full Version : Cracked boat-anyone ever see anything like this?

Conundrum
05-11-2006, 09:12 AM
Because apparently Dagger hasn't-they said on the phone they have never seen anything like this. This is my buddy's boat and they have it on film and he barely nudged a rock (upright) so this seems a little strange. Dagger is hooking him up so I'm not bagging on them, just throwing a crazy broken boat pick out there.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/Conundrum09/88Crack.jpg

RootSkier
05-11-2006, 03:53 PM
I bet that makes you feel more confident on the NF in your Nomad. :eek:

cloudpeak
05-11-2006, 04:23 PM
I've had it happen to two boats: a Dancer and a Crossfire. Both boats had many miles on them and were 5+ years old when they cracked. I had stored them in the garage away from UV. Nonetheless, both boats got a lot of UV exposure on the river and on top of the car going to and from the river.

Both boats cracked when I was going through easy waves. I didn't hit anything in either case. I just got to the bottom of the rapid, noticed that I was taking on copious amounts of water, and got out the duct tape for the remainder of the trip.

I've been paddling Wavesport boats more recently and haven't experienced any problems although I don't put as many miles on boats as I used to.

Sounds like Dagger is doing the right thing by you. Kudos to them.

Conundrum
05-11-2006, 05:50 PM
I bet that makes you feel more confident on the NF in your Nomad. :eek:

Yes, the thought cross my mind but I've gotta think this was some type of a defect on this boat or maybe the batch. The ol' Nomad has had it's share of ass kickings and I think if this type of thing were going to happen (spontaneous implosion), it should've happened already.

I've had it happen to two boats: a Dancer and a Crossfire. Both boats had many miles on them and were 5+ years old when they cracked. I had stored them in the garage away from UV. Nonetheless, both boats got a lot of UV exposure on the river and on top of the car going to and from the river.

Yeah, I think this was just a weird situation though, the boat is only about six months old and my buddy doesn't paddle much, he prolly has 10 days on the boat and stores it inside. Just weird. Dagger is cool though so all is well.

Busheedo
05-13-2006, 04:17 PM
Hey, I don't want to start anything here, but It could be an issue with the pigment dagger chose to use in their yellow boats. The yellow pigment is by far the weakest as far as plastics are concerned. and I remember Perception having a pretty major issues with their yollow plastics about 5 years ago....

Hrmm didn't they just buy out Dagger? - food for thought ;)

stayalert
05-17-2006, 06:33 AM
yuk, last time I saw a boat with that much damage it was because a snowplow hit it:frown:

0BernhardFranz
05-31-2006, 11:51 AM
don´t repair it someone repaired a kajak in our hosue and one week later my sister was in hospital she had cancer op 7 now bf