PDA

View Full Version : Official: Colorado Mini 2005

Below Zero
04-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Official 2005 Colorado Mini Summit Information Here

Where: Arapahoe Basin Ski Resort - hopefully score a few parking spaces in front of Molly Hogan Lift
When: Saturday, May 14th continuing into Sunday, May 15th

News:

-Blurred Elevens is leaving his Blazer overnight in the parking lot - (s-10 Blazer, and has AThule box on top, Michigan plates)
-MOHSHSIHd (silver taco, black topper, BD, Powder, TGR stickers....) and Fieldy Nuts (Red Ford Ranger, matching canopy w/racket box) will get there early to park next to Blurred Eleven's Blazer.
-Reserve spot for Blurred Eleven's Blazer. He is providing the tunes.
-If you need lift tickets talk to snowfire or GFP

Volunteers:

Beer: MOHSHSIHd, Below Zero, jonpierre, kchri, danadog,Telekoptero
Grill: nopainnojane, danadog, MOHSHSIHd
Lift tickets: snowfire, GFP
Mayonaise: meatdrink9
Sporks: meatdrink9
Food: danadog, Skidancer
Green Chiles: snowfire
Moldy Bread: powderfarmer
KY: jdabasin
Vienna Sausages: jdabasin
Potato Salad: SkiDancer
Ketchup: SkiDancer
Sandwich stuff: jibco
Hamburgers: Z
Grillables: Telekoptero
Bud: Telekoptero
Jar of Pickle Chips: Snowfire
Brats: crashgirl

Attendee List

I'll be there:

Below Zero
Crinkle
meatdrink9
mr. gyptian
marshalolson
GFP
MOHSHSIHd
jonpierre
kchri
BlurredElevens
powderfarmer
danadog
nopainnojane
jdabasin
wahama88
snowfire
Z
jibco
thommy21
Telekoptero
Fieldys Nuts
crashgirl

Maybe:

PowderPig
Kya
iskibc
telechuck
SIIHP
Art Vandelay
lemon boy
board
Lurch
jibij
freshie247
nealric
Rippinsick
el jefe

Skidancer
04-14-2005, 08:56 PM
-SheRa and Snowfire may be getting into swimwear for maggette calender shots

Gee, I was told I HAD to wear a bikini and short shorts to ski anytime after May Day. I really didn't??? I'm so confused and feeling rather blonde today. I was told you can't even get your lift ticket scanned if you don't show cleavage!!! :eek:

I'll bring homemade famous potato salad....maybe brownies as well......It's gonna be warm weather, nicht wahr?

It'll sorta be a eulogy to inbounds ski season. I'm already tearing up....Really :(

wahama88
04-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Count me in Guys. I'll be the one in the wife beater and Bike Chamios and the ketchup :biggrin: :fuckyou: :smile:

snowfire
04-15-2005, 01:39 PM
I actually already have my swimwear shot. But maybe I'll bring my suit for moral support for Shera. :D But only if it's warm.

Oh yeah, and I'm not just supplying tickets and a swimsuit, I'm also coming to the summit. Since I'm not on the list I just thought I'd clarify that. :p

Below Zero
04-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Oh yeah, and I'm not just supplying tickets and a swimsuit, I'm also coming to the summit. Since I'm not on the list I just thought I'd clarify that. :p

Oh sorry!

Z
04-17-2005, 08:01 PM
im in for sure...

kchri
04-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Keeping this list updated is going to be a demanding task! I do however have some questions regarding the list...

I'm not sure I'm clear on a few things, like: what kind of colfax whores are we talking about? The plastic knee high boot kind or the kind that just sorta blend in? I need to know so I know what to wear - fur coat or traditional ski. And what kind of bread with mold are we thinkin? Because I find that sharpness of sourdough somehow complements the "mold" taste more than traditional white or wheat.

Clarification on these subjects will help ensure that the appropriate beer is purchased for both the whores and bread selections...

Below Zero
04-19-2005, 11:44 AM
Bump for updated info

iskibc
04-21-2005, 09:56 AM
News:

-SheRa and Snowfire may be getting into swimwear for maggette calender shots

Alright, I'm definitely in! I'm gonna hold you ladies up to this too!

summit
04-21-2005, 10:49 AM
It looks like I will not be around :(

The Dude
04-21-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm going to have to back out, my sister has decided to get married that day back in Ohio.

Below Zero
04-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Any new volunteers for a grill? We also need some more volunteers for grillables.

Z
04-21-2005, 02:11 PM
no access to a grill, but id be happy to bring up some burgers....

nopainnojane
04-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Since the Dude is out, I have a small grill that I can donate for the festivities. It has a small cooking area, but for burgers and such, it should do OK.

danadog
04-29-2005, 10:39 AM
I will bring a small grill in tow.
Have a gray f150 with large awaning off the tail gate for serving up the goods, if needed.

thommy21
05-02-2005, 01:20 PM
I'll be able to make it now that the in-laws plans have changed.

ak_powder_monkey
05-02-2005, 06:13 PM
I need a plane ticket and a couch

Telekóptero
05-03-2005, 05:36 PM
hot damn, i'm in! damn it's good to see you maggot filth again. been awhile, sorry. . .
blurry i need some copies of you poaching the river, midflight off that rock last year. i'll pm ya my addy, if you've still got that stuff.

front rangers/anyone needing a couch to crash on is welcome to mine. room for two of you, if you're bringing the girl. i'm in breck.

[edit] i'll bring hard cider and some bud. grillables too, you bastard tyrannasaurs. . . :biggrin: :fuckyou: :p

snowfire
05-03-2005, 06:48 PM
I have this huge jar of pickle chips that I'm never going to use up. I'll bring it for the burgers.

iskibc
05-05-2005, 09:15 PM
Hey, all of you on the fence.....sack up and get up there next weekend! Can't beat beers, burgers, brats, maggettes, and some skiing.

lemon boy
05-06-2005, 09:30 AM
I'm still solidly on the fence but if I do come I'll be rockin out with my cock out old school style:

Stretchies
sweater
Rossi DH boards

I'll also have a prize for best old school ensemble.

Below Zero
05-06-2005, 09:34 AM
^^Nice, can't wait for that picture!^^

Question:

Assuming that the upper east wall is still open, should we set up a time to meet to get a group climb? Maybe around 11:00 then we can all ski back down to the beach for brats, burgers, and beers. Then head back up.

What do you guys think?

MuleSkinner
05-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Unfortunately my roommate and I are both out - little thing called work really got in the way. Hope you all have a blast and am looking forward to the pics. SheRa - thanks for the offer of couch space.

HyRUPz
05-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Won't be able to make it, bummed cause I want to meet yall and see mags I've met. I'll be at a wedding, NC. Wedding season, arrgh.

Have fun - go nuts.

Danadog avatar is cool; someone hook AKPM up, AK airlines, special needs ...

__________________________________________________ ____

It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it. WS Maugham :FIREdevil

Skidancer
05-07-2005, 09:39 AM
I was there Monday, and must ask: are we skiing or ice skating? :confused:

Ah, well, alcohol makes everything fun!

Below Zero
05-09-2005, 08:37 AM
I was there Monday, and must ask: are we skiing or ice skating?

I think we are all going to snowbike actually! :biggrin:

OK, less than a week away. I need some input here guys.

Should we set up a time to all meet and head up the hill, or we are just going free for all? Make sure everyone has their radios set to 5-13 so everyone (especially those who have not met other mags) can meet up.

How about 9:00 am at the bottom of Pali?

Blurred Elevens - let me know if you'll be able to hook up some parking spaces the night before.

lemon boy
05-09-2005, 09:41 AM
confidence is low for me now. Failed to pull a turkey over the weekend (but I came reeeeel close) as such, any ski thoughts are banished until one's floppin on the ground or the season ends (22nd). Should be able to get out a time or two this week (we'll see).

iskibc
05-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I may be out for Saturday as well. There's some unfinished business I need to take care of up near RMNP, and it looks like we're in for a nice melt-freeze cycle this week.

MOHSHSIHd
05-09-2005, 12:49 PM
slight possibility i could leave my truck at the basin friday night if need be to hold a space, but its a maybe...

call me since i dont have a computer

-mike
303-819-0247

Below Zero
05-09-2005, 12:57 PM
slight possibility i could leave my truck at the basin friday night if need be to hold a space, but its a maybe...

If you can make it happen, then do it. Talk to Blurred. He said he may be able to save a few spaces. If we don't park a few cars overnight, then someone will have to get there really early to get some beach front property. I would rather not leave Denver at like 5:30 just to get those spaces.

Kya
05-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I may be out for Saturday as well. There's some unfinished business I need to take care of up near RMNP, and it looks like we're in for a nice melt-freeze cycle this week.

Yeah, what he said! Third time's a charm.

shera
05-09-2005, 04:24 PM
I'm sure LOTS of maggots are coming, but I will probably have to bow out as well. :( Starting a new job... :)

Below Zero
05-09-2005, 04:41 PM
There dropping like flys! :(

shera
05-09-2005, 04:47 PM
There dropping like flys! :(

Not to worry. It'll be a great time. Maybe I can show up in time for the beach party...

Crinkle
05-09-2005, 06:36 PM
i am still in, just not camping out as previously thought. BZ, pm me with what is still needed to be brought. I have tons of bowls, paper plates and napkins left over from a "block party"

sack up, its gonna be a good day to rip some corn and huck your meat

Blurred
05-09-2005, 07:35 PM

C'mon D, shake the sand out. Our snowpack is 223% of what it was this time last year. Sack up and party, RMNP will be good for a lonng time.

meatdrink9
05-09-2005, 08:43 PM
I'm still in. :D

Below Zero
05-10-2005, 08:27 AM
BZ, pm me with what is still needed to be brought. I have tons of bowls, paper plates and napkins left over from a "block party"

I figure I would just post what will still need instead of the PM, so others can see. I have been updating my first post in this thread and that will tell you who is volunteering to bring what. Yeah, bring the paper plates and napkins. Not sure if we need bowls, but hell bring them anyway.

Things we still need:

Ketchup / Mustard
Lettuce / Cheese / Tomato
Hamburger / Hot Dog Buns
Hot Dogs / Sausages

I think that's about it. We should have enough beer with (7) people bringing alcohol. If anybody has any extra folding chairs, bring them. Also, does anyone have a huge cooler that we can stick all the beer in?

If anyone wants to share a ride from Denver, let me know.

iskibc
05-10-2005, 09:28 AM
C'mon D, shake the sand out. Our snowpack is 223% of what it was this time last year. Sack up and party, RMNP will be good for a lonng time.

We'll see. I really don't want to miss the baseweld mini, but it looks like the weather is gonna be key for what I want to get on. Maybe I can go Sunday instead and hit up the mini-mini on Saturday. We'll see.

Crinkle
05-10-2005, 01:15 PM
We'll see. I really don't want to miss the baseweld mini, but it looks like the weather is gonna be key for what I want to get on. Maybe I can go Sunday instead and hit up the mini-mini on Saturday. We'll see.
there ya go, now you are thinking.

Skidancer
05-10-2005, 05:01 PM
What the H*ll, I'll bring ketchup. I sure hope someone else shows cuz ketchup and potato salad alone don't make for a very balanced meal. I guess if the beer is there I'm good! :D

SIIHP
05-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Am still debating. I thought I was certain, but today have been having back issues... so its all dependant on how my back feels. Suppose its a good idea to spend a day rippin around with what I can only guess are pinched nerves in the lower back?

Foggy_Goggles
05-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Relying on someone else to bring the your beer is retarted. Every event is always BYOB.

Below Zero
05-11-2005, 02:01 PM
Relying on someone else to bring the your beer is retarted. Every event is always BYOB.

Well, since you are not going and you're not planning it, then you have nothing to worry about.

Foggy_Goggles
05-11-2005, 02:01 PM
Well, since you are not going and you're not planning it, then you have nothing to worry about.

Don't make it any less retarted.

Below Zero
05-11-2005, 02:29 PM
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

It has come to my attention that providing free beer to my fellow Colorado maggot crew is retarded. So, for those of you who would like to drink beer that you have paid for with your own hard earned dollar, you are more than welcome to. The beer volunteers of the 2005 Colorado Mini make no guarantee that enough beer will be provided to meet your desired alcohol consumption level. A personal supply of alcohol is recommended as a back up.

iskibc
05-11-2005, 03:13 PM
Foggy is a grumpy fart.

He does make a valid point though. I would never rely on someone else to bring adequate amounts of beer. I would suggest bringing a backup twelvie and stash it in the back of your truck.

MOHSHSIHd
05-11-2005, 06:32 PM
cant wait!!!

havent gone skiing in about a week, and thats WAYYYYYY to long....

PowderPig
05-11-2005, 07:50 PM
Umm. I'll have to downgrade myself to the maybe list. Will join depending on the weather this weekend (see also iski & kya...)

crashgirl
05-12-2005, 05:58 PM
~LURKER EMERGING~
I'll be there, as long as i can get a ride up...i live in lodo...below zero i'll pm you with my digits. you got room for my board and I? i'll bring either brats or fixins. and i have a cooler, not huge.

Fieldys Nuts
05-12-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm so there!
Red Ford Ranger, matching canopy w/racket box. To be parked at the beach by about 7ish. Tall guy with beer in hand. See ya there!
P.S. Hey Blurred, thanks for your offer to recieve my prized shipment of BRO. I did get them shipped to BCA and hope to be down there next to take possession.
Jeremy

snowfire
05-13-2005, 09:07 AM
lord, EVERYONE'S BAILING!! NOT COOL!!!!

ok, I'm calm. :D

seriously, it will be a good time. iski, Kya, et al., go to RMNP on Sunday! The weather will still be good.

Shera, what's your new job? I'm not getting into a bikini by myself, so you better show. :D

Crashgirl, got your request for a ticket. I kinda lost track of who all needs one because people are bailing, but GFP and I will bring a big stack up so it won't be a problem. Is there a place that we can meet all those who need a ticket before we head up the mountain, so you're not stuck standing at the bottom with no pass? How about coffee cart at 8:30? or 8:15? I dunno, I'm not good at things having to do with time. :cool: Unless someone requests otherwise, I'm thinking 8:15 at the coffee cart.

Blurred and Mosh, do you still need comps?

Below Zero
05-13-2005, 09:14 AM
lI'm thinking 8:15 at the coffee cart.

I'll give crashgirl a ride up on Saturday, so 8:15 at the coffee cart sounds good. Where is the coffee cart?

Anybody else that wants to meet up, be there!

iskibc
05-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Will crashgirl be sportin' a bikini?

meatdrink9
05-13-2005, 09:26 AM
Will crashgirl be sportin' a bikini?

I don't know, but I will. ;) (that's not an "I'm joking winky". that's a "hey there", followed by a growl winky. ;) (that winky is a joking winky)

snowfire
05-13-2005, 09:35 AM
um. ok. J, if you really want to get into a bikini, I have a few extras. :D

The coffee cart is inside the a-frame right by the bar. Go into the aframe and walk right. I'll be wearing, um, ... either a red puffy or a light blue north face fleece. I'm short with dark hair.

If anyone shows up late, I'll leave some comps in the ski patrol first aid room (first building on the west) in an envelope on the counter, or tacked to the bulletin board above the counter. It will say "Maggots." :D Take the comp to the ticket window and get your free pass. :cool:

iskibc
05-13-2005, 09:43 AM
Meats, sometimes you scare me :biggrin: . I'll make sure to throw in my leopard skin speedo. :wink:

We're gonna try and catch up with you all late in the afternoon. I'm guessing the maggot caravan will move it's way up to the pass after the basin shuts down for the day. I'll have some radios, so we'll give you all a shout.

Would love to shoot some sunset shots near over near that step-up. I remember getting some really cool stuff last year. Weather should be great tomorrow PM.

Below Zero
05-13-2005, 09:53 AM
OK, last minute shit:

Group Party Location

I'm going to get to Abasin around 7:30 and try to get a spot on the beach. I'll try to reserve one more space for whoever gets there, but no guarantee (Silver WRX wagon with TGR sticker). If I am unsucessful, then we'll have to meet wherever Blurred is parked (since he is providing the tunes) and transport the beers and food.

Meeting Place and Time / Communication

Meeting at 8:15 in front of the coffee cart. Bottom of Pali at 9:00. I'll have my radio on - channel 5-13. If you miss the meeting time or don't have a radio, just look for the group with the fat skis and TGR stickers hauling ass down the mountain :D .

Below Zero
05-13-2005, 10:24 AM
I'm so there!
Red Ford Ranger, matching canopy w/racket box. To be parked at the beach by about 7ish.

Nice! OK, could you leave me a spot next to your Ranger? Should be there around 7:30

Artie Fufkin
05-13-2005, 12:41 PM
Question: I am going to be in the area tomorrow and might head over to A-Basin Saturday afternoon or evening for some skiing on Sunday. I am a little pressed for time, so I have not done a thorough search for the answer.

Can you car camp in the A Basin lots overnight? I am assuming you can because it looks like there is a contingent spending the night and skiing Sunday.

Mucho gracias

Below Zero
05-13-2005, 01:00 PM
Question: I am going to be in the area tomorrow and might head over to A-Basin Saturday afternoon or evening for some skiing on Sunday. I am a little pressed for time, so I have not done a thorough search for the answer.

Can you car camp in the A Basin lots overnight? I am assuming you can because it looks like there is a contingent spending the night and skiing Sunday.

Mucho gracias

You can camp in the Last Chance lot. There is contingent camping out Saturday night? Who?

Kya
05-13-2005, 01:06 PM
I talked my wife and daughter into sleeping up at A-Basin Sat. night and skiing Sun. I'll bring my radios to find anybody who is hanging out.

White Dodge Dakota with topper and rocket box.

Artie Fufkin
05-13-2005, 01:07 PM
You can camp in the Last Chance lot. There is contingent camping out Saturday night? Who?

Thanks, if I make it over I don't think I will have a hard time finding the maggot contingent.

MOHSHSIHd
05-13-2005, 02:17 PM
maybe camping, can we build fires in the upper lot?

i dont need a comp, my pass will be effective again

Below Zero
05-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Updated Information

Paging MOHSHSIHd and Fieldy Nuts

It's 20 after 3pm on Friday, and Knuckledragger Gary and myself are headed up to drop off my Blazer in the prime real estate section of the beach. It's a green s-10 Blazer, and has AThule box on top, Michigan plates. (don't ask, and NO, I'm not from Michigan)

PHISH, pm me your phone number asap, need to get a hold of you. peas

Fieldys Nuts
05-13-2005, 10:18 PM
I'll be there 7ish ready to party! I'll try and procure adequate parking for the crew. I'm coming prepared to camp out or head to Breck to party or whatever. I'm really looking froward to this completely unexpected chance to meet up with the CO Mags and ski some great late season conditions.
F.N.

shera
05-16-2005, 05:53 AM
Shera, what's your new job? I'm not getting into a bikini by myself, so you better show. :D

:D Girl - putting on bikinis wouldn't have held a candle to that show, hey? :D

I'm working at Neils Lunceford for the summer, taking care of the nursery. I'll still work at the Basin two days a week til it closes. It's just crazy thy're closing June 5th with a 50+ inch base right now. Kinda sad.

Anyway, it was good to see you. Lemme know if you can make some turns/hike during hte week sometime...

shera
05-16-2005, 05:54 AM
What happened with Dave, et al? Can't believe I didn't see a TR.

PowderPig
05-16-2005, 07:29 AM
I believe Dave is writing it as I type this... Bummed that I missed the party, but after our epic hike/bushwhack/skin/climb/ski/bushwhack I couldn't get myself to drive to A-Basin... Sad but true. I must be getting old :confused:
Seems like you had quite a party!

What happened with Dave, et al? Can't believe I didn't see a TR.

Below Zero
05-16-2005, 11:39 AM
So what happened to you guys?

mr. gyptian
kchri
powderfarmer
danadog
powderfarmer
jdabasin
wahama88
Skidancer