PDA

View Full Version : ACL/Meniscus/Knee Update

Snow Ranger
03-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Well I’m a little over three months post op. Just recently went to the Dr. and got clearance to start having more fun. I rode my bike to work today for the first time since November, gawd that felt sooo good. I’ve been riding the stationary bike in the gym and it is more than awfully boring. Utah’s unfortunate warm weather might enable me to do a little kayaking end of this week (runoff dependant) a new play park (near Riverdale) has been built on the Weber River. I’ve been looking forward to checking out the new waves. However, I will prolly will go to Moab and get some more bike mileage on the knee. I went to Southern Utah last weekend. On Sunday it was so warm that I was in shorts, t-shirt and flip flops by 10am. Road 20 miles of dirt road on Saturday and about a 20 mile mix of dirt road, slick rock and motorcycle single track near Dee Pass/White Wash on Sunday, it felt very good. The knee is starting to feel bomber.

WTF is up with this weather? Are we having a repeat of last year? I really hope not. I am thinking that I will be returning to skiing early May! But for this to happen Utah needs winter to return. March is typically Utah’s 3rd wettest month. Has anyone seen the long range forecast? Looking forward to meeting and skiing with some of you mags this May at Snowbird.

altagirl
03-09-2005, 08:14 PM
I know what you mean with the weather. But then the warm bluebird days are good for getting my legs back on the groomers... And it's good for biking and that feels damn good too.

I had my first day back on skis today. Just like an hour and a half on Sunnyside (perfect use of free after 3). Felt sooooooo good.

Anyway, glad to hear you're doing so well!

Snow Ranger
03-14-2005, 12:49 PM
The weather was still tooooo warm last weekend so I went riding again. (But really what the hell am I thinking wishing for snow? I can't ski) Rode my bike from near the Maze District Ranger Station in Canyonlands down about 12 miles of dirt road on the the Deadman Trail then hiked 1.5 miles to the Great Gallery. (kick ass rock art - possible some of the best I've seen. Horseshoe Canyon) Hiking in was tough its pretty much straight down slanted slick rock. (not knee friendly) the return hike up was much easier. My knee felt good the whole way. Also rode from the Ranger station to the Flint Trail, Cleopatra's Chair and Panorama Point. In all about 50 miles of dirt with some big climbs. I should have brought my camera! Canyonlands is my new fav national park. felt so good to be getting out and camping. I think I am done with road riding and am going to move onto single track. Hell these roads in southern utah have so much sand I think I fall down more in the sand then on slick rock or single track combined.

SPREAD EAGLE
03-20-2005, 03:40 PM
well that answers my biking question, and man am I looking forward to hitting Moab and spending some time in the saddle. Keep up the progress reports

spread