PDA

View Full Version : Track TGR: Surfing Norway

Superstar Punani
11-03-2004, 12:12 PM
https://www.tetongravity.com/track/tracksnow.htm

Cool shit. Looks like New Zealand.

Jiehkevarri
11-17-2004, 06:47 AM
Yes. The only downside is that the water is usually pretty cold, and the air isn't much warmer either. You need a very thick wet suit (+gloves&shoes&hood) there...and a certain mentality...I guess the guys who are used to surf in warm waters would be pretty shocked to be there?:)

Anyway, I know couple of guys who go regularly there. I guess there's a lot of places where you can do nice skiing/snowboarding and surfing on the same day if the conditions are right!

I've only been in Lyngen area and Narvik for skiing but Lofoten Islands are not that far away from there...good spring touring in the Lofoten also if it had been a good snow winter. Maybe I have to sack up and try surfing there someday...(I'm a total surf JONG though...some 15 days on a longboard this far..)

tuffy109
11-17-2004, 01:50 PM
I guess there's a lot of places where you can do nice skiing/snowboarding and surfing on the same day if the conditions are right!

Los Angeles?

Alkasquawlik
12-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Tuffy he said "Nice" skiing/snowboarding. Not overcrowded mushy beachbreaks 3 hours away from overcrowded man-made covered landing strips on mole-hills.

tuffy109
12-06-2004, 01:51 PM
yeah, but i'll still be able to find my balls after getting out of the water.

cj001f
12-07-2004, 09:34 PM
yeah, but i'll still be able to find my balls after getting out of the water.
Because the pollution has mutated them to the size of grapefruits?

Jiehkevarri
12-08-2004, 12:52 AM
Ok, I guess you can't get everything...(= warm water + skiing at the same location???)

But the point was in Norway you can pretty much start skinning/hiking from the shore if the conditions are right...no three hour drive inbetween.

And yes, the skiing/touring indeed is "nice" there :D World class in many locations (if the weather just allows...)

EPSkis
12-08-2004, 08:26 AM
I actually caught the segment this past Saturday on Jeep's Outdoor Adventures show...Very cool clips & nice to see TGR getting props.

tuffy109
12-08-2004, 10:17 AM
But the point was in Norway you can pretty much start skinning/hiking from the shore if the conditions are right...no three hour drive inbetween.

i know, we're just fucking around. however, shit looks suuuuper cold.